The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default DEAD quiet small pony wanted in NC - can be ancient, ugly, or both!

I'm looking for a first pony for my not-quite-3-year-old son and a companion for my dressage mare. I can provide vet, boarder, and any other references you require - this pony would want for nothing and not have to do much beyond teach my little guy how to brush, lead, and the absolute basics of riding. We might go on a walking trail ride in two years, but it's unlikely his new friend will have to trot unless it's during turnout.

I run a higher-end boarding facility that is very well-respected and would happily send photos/info to anyone who might have a prospective candidate.

Ideal pony would be 11.2hh or under (son is tall, but not THAT tall...), unwilling to move unless REALLY required, disinterested in kicking, biting, or dismembering my child, and if it was truly a miracle, said pony would not be in any stage of grey (because, as well all know, they end up white - and in NC, they will be ORANGE if allowed to ever go outside). Will gladly sacrifice ease of cleaning for safe, however!

Free lease would be ideal, but happy to be forever home to a senior who was looking for a SLOW life with lots of attention.

Thanks!

Hi RideIrish- what area of NC are you? I can put you in contact with a few Pony Club DC's - they might have some solid leads.

I'm in the Piedmont area - north of Charlotte, if that helps. Obviously, willing to travel to find the right one!

Oh, and I said 11.2hh or smaller - ANY smaller is fine! Mini is great (as long as it's not a "micro mini" that's the same size as my Corgis :-)

Perfect - I'll get working on it. That's actually my area, so I'd have to refer you to myself. I'll let you know if I come up with anything.

I have a great prospect - but pony may not be able to move for a few months. I'll update once I have actual progress.

That would be WONDERFUL...can't certainly (and happily!) wait for the right pony! THANK YOU!!

Hi - sent you a PM about the pony - she is available. Please check your messages!

LOVE YOUR AD! So true and well written
    Hope you find just the right pony for your little one.
    There ARE ponies out there that really DO seem to LIKE kids and being around them. My DD pony was trying to figure out how to lift two feet (a back and a front) at once - two little girls each wanted a foot to clean
    Horses should be trained in such a way that they not only love their riders, but look forward to the time they are with them.
    ~ Xenophon, 350 B.C.

Are you still looking for a pony? We might have a retiree you would like
    Southern Cross Guest Ranch
    An All Inclusive Guest Ranch Vacation - Georgia

Quote Originally Posted by OveroHunter View Post
    Are you still looking for a pony? We might have a retiree you would like
    ^^^ Recommend O.H. and SCR!
    If wishes were horses then beggars would ride...
    DLA: Draft Lovers Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by talkofthetown View Post
    As in, the majikal butterfly-fahting gypsy vanners.

Are you still looking for a pony?

I know of someone who is looking to free lease her pony. Her pony fits the description of what you are looking for except he is orange, um I mean grey! Located just outside Monroe and she could probably haul him to you if need be.