The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

And for those that simply HAVE to know otherwise they wont be able to sleep tonight, the new owner was introduced to the old owner this morning via email so they both have each others contact info in case the new owner has any questions about the mare that I cant answer

Quote Originally Posted by Laurierace View Post
    This is totally different as the horses aren't for her and will be shipping overseas. She isn't trying to get more horses for herself.
    I agree, it is different Laurie...can you name one place where there is a good market for pleasurable blingy TB mares? I'm still trying to find it.

Didn't it say they wanted race mares with proven race performance or production? I saw no mention of bling. That said, there is a market for nice, blingy mares although I don't think they are shipping them overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurierace View Post
    Didn't it say they wanted race mares with proven race performance or production? I saw no mention of bling...
    Here's the mention of bling (and client wants primarily pleasure horses):
    http://www.thoroughbredchampions.com...l=1#post388191
    Equus Keepus Brokus

can you name one place where there is a good market for pleasurable blingy TB mares? I'm still trying to find it.
    Well - guess what? I guess I beat you to it ...

One thing I have found over the years, is that if a client wants a pure black horse with no white markings and is willing to pay for it - you find it for them. If they want a buckskin and white pinto - same thing - you find it for them or someone else will. And I guess thats why he contacted me about "blingy TB mares" because he knows from looking at my website, that is exactly what I have and what I specialize in

Its a pretty simple concept really. If he was seeking AQHA mares with World Class cutting bloodlines on both sides, he sure wouldnt be contacting me, would he?

Doubt it...

I missed the updated criteria. Maybe a can of spray paint would be easier?

Quote Originally Posted by TrueColours View Post
    I guess thats why he contacted me about "blingy TB mares" because he knows from looking at my website, that is exactly what I have and what I specialize in
    And a whole forum full of followers looking for more for you, yup special.

The only thing that gets me there is the refusal to say where these mares are headed, that personally worries me, I can understand trying to keep a business deal secure, and protect a niche market, it just kind of surprises me that so many people are willing to offer up mares, admittedly not their own, to a unknown destination and fate.
    Mother of the son of UsedtobeHaffy

Practicing Member of the Not too Klassy for Boxed Wine Clique

Quote Originally Posted by KBC View Post
    And a whole forum full of followers looking for more for you, yup special.

The only thing that gets me there is the refusal to say where these mares are headed, that personally worries me, I can understand trying to keep a business deal secure, and protect a niche market, it just kind of surprises me that so many people are willing to offer up mares, admittedly not their own, to a unknown destination and fate.
    Exactly. If I was a trainer that listed a horse on Canter I would be highly cautious of selling any horse with an unkown destination.