The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thumbs down

Of course she deleted my comment on the Facebook sale ad and said she offered for the previous owner to take her back. But, of course the previous owner was giving her away because she couldn't afford keep her. So, you are GIVEN a horse in June and all of a sudden 2 months later you can't keep her? Yeah, right. Intended to make a quick buck (or 3,500 bucks) all along. Hopefully karma will catch up with her at some point. It really, really ticks me off that someone would be so dishonest and look to profit off someone else's misfortune. It was probably heartbreaking for the previous owner to give the horse away. But, hey, let's take that opportunity to profit!
    Triple J Ranch Sporthorses
    www.triplejsporthorse.com
    Member - OMGiH I LOFF my mare(s) clique

Wow . That sucks.

"TrueColours" indeed.
    Equus Keepus Brokus

Unhappy

Read this. Bears repeating:

Might want to read through this thread, especially towards the end.

http://www.horsegroomingsupplies.com...rg-474057.html
    Was given free to her in june remember and not sound for riding....

Default TC, you lying P.O.S !!

Rudeness is the weak person's imitation of strength

I don't get it. Ive given several horses away, and if the new owners can sell them, I would have no problem with that. I wish them luck at it. No one has ever said, Oh Ill keep this horsie forever and ever. They did me a favor by taking a horse I couldnt use and couldnt sell.

Whats wrong with you people anyway?

[QUOTE=halo;6529959] No one has ever said, Oh Ill keep this horsie forever and ever.

This IS what was promised. And TRUST and a sense of fair play is what's "wrong" with most of us.
    It's a shame you have so much contempt for the person trying to do her best by her horse, and zero sense of moral outrage at how this ended 60 DAYS later.

This is totally different as the horses aren't for her and will be shipping overseas. She isn't trying to get more horses for herself.

[QUOTE=Stellaspeed;6530001]
    Quote Originally Posted by halo View Post
    No one has ever said, Oh Ill keep this horsie forever and ever.

This IS what was promised. And TRUST and a sense of fair play is what's "wrong" with most of us.
    It's a shame you have so much contempt for the person trying to do her best by her horse, and zero sense of moral outrage at how this ended 60 DAYS later.
    So were you privy to the deal made between TCF and this mare's previous owner? Or to any of the conversations afterward?

It really amazes me the amount of trouble some people go through to bash and trash other people. If you don't know all the facts you should really keep your opinions to yourself.

What exactly is the problem? I fail to see how this is anyone's business but TCF's and the previous owner's. Find another crusade.

Oh Good Lord ... Speculate much?

Thanks to some / many of you for being the voice of reason

The request on several boards for well bred, proven race and producing TB mares? As stated - for a CLIENT of mine. Not for me. I have "0" use and "0" interest and "0" money in getting well bred, successful race mares into my breeding program. Why? For what reason?

The arrangement with this mare was between her owner and me. Not the entire world. The mare was offered back to her, she declined and wished me the best in finding her a new home and has been actively assisting me in doing so

One home has already been turned down for her, at full asking price and a trailer coming today. They wanted to "try" riding her and see if she could show. I said "no". They were not amused that I was dictating what could be done with this mare and I am adamant that she will not go into a riding/showing situation and possibly aggravate her original injury. Walking hacks - fine - she'd probably quite enjoy that, but the dumb questions asking if she was easy to get on the bit, how much jumping has she done. No way. It wouldnt be fair to the mare at all

If I never advised the owner of what was going on, and was trying to sell this mare without letting her know and without giving her the very first opportunity to get her back again, fair deal - rake me over the coals all you want. But when certain "alters" come out of the woodwork and a banned poster at that, to start the s#!t flying, give me a break and get a life already ... life must be slow in CA is all I can say if all you have to do is sit in front of your computer and try to stir things up

And yeah - to add to this. Things HAVE changed in the last 2 months. What used to be bearable with my knees isnt any more no matter how long I wear the brace for and how many pills I am taking. The x rays taken in July are vastly different than the ones taken last fall. The deterioration has accelerated and on the interior aspect, there is no cartilage remaining and it is now bone on bone. Hylauronic acid shots mixed with cortisone could be tried but the surgeon felt I might get a couple of weeks of relief at best. The knee brace he recommended at $1600.00 would help but the only solution is to replace one and then the other. Downtime of up to 3 months per knee

I am hoping if I lower my horse count by 2-3-4, that will give me 2-3-4 less hours doing them each day and that may help as well.

Dont speculate when you dont have a clue what is going on in someone else's life ...

TCF, I have stayed away from the drama that seems to follow you around, I am of course aware of it, any board I visit there you are it seems, nice to be famous.

Well of course it's nice to be famous when everyone is oooing and ahhing over GG or your foals, but you do seem to think that it should be a one way street, you can say and share what you like, with no one ever asking questions.

This from you

To firmly clear up ANOTHER misconception, her former owner and I have exchanged several emails in the past few days. She is, as well, contacting the people that expressed interest in her before to see if they have a spot for her.

Before the mare came to me, I had blacksmith bills and 2 months of board at $450.00 a month. She had t stay that long because of the GOV inspection for the foal on July 9th. I had a cytology, biopsy and 4 ultrasounds on the mare as well as export health papers and a Coggins to the tune of about $600.00. I then had shipping to get her to me, I am now up to $2290.00 in costs before she even landed here

I accrue $250.00 a month in real costs at my farm per horse x 2 months = $500.00. I am now up to $2790.00. One blacksmith visit at $40.00 = $2830.00. Vet bills for ultrasounds, breeding supplies for collecting and inseminating her - add $450.00 = $3280.00. New fly mask and halter for her - $60.00 = $3340.00. Im sure theres something I havent remembered, so add on $160.00 = $3500.00. Anything UNDER $3340.00 and I am in a loss situation on her

She's a nice enough mare and has a lot of very positive things going for her. If I really want to "make" money on a "free" horse, I would have priced her at $5000.00 or more. Finding her the right home and the best home is of paramount importance and I didnt want a high price tag to stand in the way of a perfect person getting her

Ah! And I forgot the $100.00 in fuel it cost me to go over the border to get her and meet the hauler in Lewiston, New York and the $40.00 I paid for the lady to come over and bring my horses in and feed for me. So - at $3500.00, I will "make" a grand total of $20.00 on this mare. Wow. Enough for dinner for 2 at McDonalds if we both get the Combo!

Explain AGAIN how I was taking advantage of a* free* horse and trying to make a "killing" on this mare???

Has to be the craziest ever justification on pricing, you got the mare for nothing, I bet the owner had a fortune in her, but she GAVE HER AWAY.

You don't always get your money back on things, it's great when you do, but it just doesn't work like that.

IF you had taken in a mare 6 weeks ago, a give away who had been a brood mare for ages, if you had been riding her, getting her fit, actually getting some value add going on, I would not have an issue with selling her, because in that case you would have earned the money on her.

You took her in as a gamble, this one you lost, the honourable thing to do is to find her a great home, for the same as you paid for her.
    I'm not sure if I grew out of stupid or ran out of brave.

Practicing Member of the Not too Klassy for Boxed Wine Clique

Quote Originally Posted by KBC View Post

IF you had taken in a mare 6 weeks ago, a give away who had been a brood mare for ages, if you had been riding her, getting her fit, actually getting some value add going on, I would not have an issue with selling her, because in that case you would have earned the money on her.

You took her in as a gamble, this one you lost, the honourable thing to do is to find her a great home, for the same as you paid for her.
    This.

the honourable thing to do is to find her a great home, for the same as you paid for her.
    Really? So finding a free home for her will guarantee her a wonderful home for life whereas asking someone to pay what I have into her wont???

So following that same logic, if I find the horse I paid $100.00 / $1000.00 / $3000.00 for, if it doesnt suit my needs and/or I am unable to keep it, the only way to ensure it gets a great new home is to offer it for sale at the same price I paid for it??? Is that how it works?

Ethics, morals, integrity, fair play...... try it, you might learn something.
    Let that mare's owner determine who she would like the mare to go to, then SEND her there. The money you "spent" trying to breed her is NOT her problem.

Its okay Stella - I have several very good options for her here that I am discussing with prospective new owners who would come and pick her up. I dont need to SEND her anywhere ...

Have you also missed the part about me discussing this with her previous owner and her giving me her blessing to find her a new home? You know - the part where this is really between the previous owner and I ???

And BTW - she is NOT going to the first person with cash in hand that shows up with a trailer. Ive turned one of those down already. Thats why she's still here until the right home is found for her. I owe that to the mare and to her previous owner.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueColours View Post
    Really? So finding a free home for her will guarantee her a wonderful home for life whereas asking someone to pay what I have into her wont???
    Well obviously not, look at the last free home she got, but equally I can't see how you are entitled to what you have into her.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueColours View Post
    So following that same logic, if I find the horse I paid $100.00 / $1000.00 / $3000.00 for, if it doesnt suit my needs and/or I am unable to keep it, the only way to ensure it gets a great new home is to offer it for sale at the same price I paid for it??? Is that how it works?
    Nope, and we all know that logic has little to do with the horse world. I'm sure that you are a lot smarter than these two statements suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by Stellaspeed View Post
    *LIKE*

Quote Originally Posted by Stellaspeed View Post
    Let that mare's owner determine who she would like the mare to go to, then SEND her there. The money you "spent" trying to breed her is NOT her problem.
    You are spamming several boards about this, and are getting slapped down everywhere you go. If someone gives a horse away, or sells it, they give up their rights to it when its gone. If the next owner wants to sell it, so what?? What is wrong with you?

Oh Halo, BTFO. I have posted on 1 other board, and you should see some of the PM's I'M getting about TCF and her flipping. Carry on.