The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default FTGH-GOV Broodmare in northern VA

I am posting this for a friend and I know it is not at all what she wants to do but she knows she needs to, I will be happy to put anyone in contact with her if you are interested in her mare:

Free to good home:
    2003 GOV registered black mare by Rotspon with 4 socks/blaze out of a Trakehner mare, premium foal at her GOV inspection, USDF reserve champion as a yearling, has a long list of DSHB ribbons and breed show championships. Her first foal by Dauphin was also premium, currently has a 2012 foal by her side-is available to breed now and can be taken to your farm once weaned or take her home after weaning and keep her open to breed next year, located in northern VA. An injury sidelined her dressage career but she has been a great mom.

Default Can you pm me contact info?

Very interested in this girl and would love to speak to her owner about her and hear her story. Could you pass on her contact
    Info?? Thank you!!

Default PM's and emails

I have pm'd or emailed those who have contacted me, if for any reason you did not hear back-ping me again!
    Thank you!!

Default found a home

This mare has found a new home, thank you

This mare was just listed for sale for $3500 by True Colours Farm in Canada. You might want to let the former owner know.

Wow that is kind of crappy. What does this mean?
    An injury cut short her competitive career but she is 100% sound in all respects.

I don't know. I saw it mentioned on TOB when I was reading about JB. I know nothing else about the situation.

No such thing as a forever home at True Colors Farm.

Does she still need a soft landing? I'm very near to NoVa, or is she in Canada?

Sad when someone tries to flip a free horse after such a short amount of time. Hope there was a contract in place

I can't find her anywhere on their webpage, but they do have a 22k in-utero Thoroughbred!!!!!!!!! OMG! Yowsa!

http://www.truecoloursfarm.com/horsepage.php?id=11
    Holly
    www.ironhorsefrm.com
    Oldenburg foals and young prospects
    LIKE us on Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Horse Farm View Post
    I can't find her anywhere on their webpage, but they do have a 22k in-utero Thoroughbred!!!!!!!!! OMG! Yowsa!

http://www.truecoloursfarm.com/horsepage.php?id=11
    I saw that! Why is it so expensive, am i missing anything besides color?

Quote Originally Posted by veetiepony View Post
    I saw that! Why is it so expensive, am i missing anything besides color?
    Because the other foals from that cross were stunning and double dilutes are very rare in the Thoroughbred world. This cross has produced the only two smoky cream Thoroughbreds in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by foxhavenfarm View Post
    Because the other foals from that cross were stunning and double dilutes are very rare in the Thoroughbred world. This cross has produced the only two smoky cream Thoroughbreds in the world.
    None of the horses in the pedigree have any sort of performance record. This is truly just because of color as double dilutes aren't even rare any longer. The cross isn't even all that nice.

The ad is on the farm's Facebook page. Let's hope this mare goes into a home that will actually breed her to the type of stallions she should get.

Quote Originally Posted by COTHalter44 View Post
    This is truly just because of color as double dilutes aren't even rare any longer.
    Um, yes, they are still pretty rare. And as I said before there are only two smoky cream JC registered Thoroughbreds in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by COTHalter44 View Post
    The cross isn't even all that nice.
    You are entitled to your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by foxhavenfarm View Post
    Um, yes, they are still pretty rare. And as I said before there are only two smoky cream JC registered Thoroughbreds in the world.

You are entitled to your opinion.
    What do they have besides color? Enlighten me because I don't see anything worth reproducing.

Unless True Colours TOLD the former owner she was going to sell the mare, that is a REALLY CRAPPY thing to do. Someone is concerned enough about their horse to give it away instead of trying to sell it and then you take it and immediately try to flip it. Really, really bad form.
    Triple J Ranch Sporthorses
    www.triplejsporthorse.com
    Member - OMGiH I LOFF my mare(s) clique

This just really ticks me off. On the Facebook ad, she says her (owner of the farm) knees are shot so she has to reduce her # of horses. She LOVES this mare but 2 or 3 horses have to go. I hate dishonest people. I left a comment asking if this is the mare she JUST got from the COTH Giveaway and if so didn't she know her knees were bad when she got the mare?
    Triple J Ranch Sporthorses
    www.triplejsporthorse.com
    Member - OMGiH I LOFF my mare(s) clique

Quote Originally Posted by inca View Post
    Unless True Colours TOLD the former owner she was going to sell the mare, that is a REALLY CRAPPY thing to do. Someone is concerned enough about their horse to give it away instead of trying to sell it and then you take it and immediately try to flip it. Really, really bad form.
    Shoot. I wish I had known about the mare. She would have fit in perfect here and would have had a great home with us.
    www.DaventryEquestrian.com
    Home of Welsh Pony, ISR/Oldenburg & RPSI stallions Daventry's Power Play, Goldhills Brandysnap LOM & Alvesta Picasso
    Also home to www.EquineAppraisers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Zlotych View Post
    No such thing as a forever home at True Colors Farm.
    This has sadly proved to be true multiple times, its like a revolving door.
    - JK Sporthorses -

This just really ticks me off. On the Facebook ad, she says her (owner of the farm) knees are shot so she has to reduce her # of horses. She LOVES this mare but 2 or 3 horses have to go. I hate dishonest people.
    I'm guessing she twisted things (as usual) when she spoke to the owner as she posted the below statement on TOB when she got the mare. Obviously to cover her ass. No horse ever stays at her farm long term. She'd sell her own family if she could make a buck from it.

She is really a wonderful new addition to our breeding program and I am really looking forward to the foals that she will produce for us in the years to come
    Might want to read through this thread, especially towards the end.

http://www.horsegroomingsupplies.com...rg-474057.html