The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Riding in Athens, Greece

Hi Everyone

I am spending 3 days in Athens, Greece before getting on a cruise for 12 days and I would love to find a place to go riding while I am there. I'm not really looking for a formal place to do lessons or anything like that, more like a beach ride or a 2-3 hour trek around the area. Anyone have ideas or helpful hints on where to look?

Thanks a ton

I spent a week and a half in Greece, much of it around Athens, and saw *one* donkey and *one* small, skinny horse. And almost nowhere to grow hay. Good luck!
    ---------------------------

Originally hadn't thought about doing any riding but recently started thinking about it after looking around at hotels.

A lot of hotels list horseback riding as part of the activities near their particular hotel and thought got me thinking about possibly riding. When I started looking around online, I didn't find any places so I thought I would check here.

If there are no suggestions or I can't find any place, then it's no big deal. Just thought I would ask

between the mountains and the sea, North Carolina

Not exactly HR...but I hope you are keeping an eye on European news. I would be very careful traveling around Athens at the moment.
    "Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tides" - Garth Brooks
    "With your permission, dear, I'll take my fences one at a time" - Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by Event4Life View Post
    Not exactly HR...but I hope you are keeping an eye on European news. I would be very careful traveling around Athens at the moment.
    I've been watching the news and reading up on whats going on (so have my parents, friends, coworkers, etc) and I'm not too concerned. I won't be going until August anyway so I will wait to see what's up then. But the truth is, I've bought the plane ticket and paid for the cruise so unless I'm forced to stay out of the country, I'm going

I do appreciate the concern, though