The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I'm another one who rides in jeans and chaps--pretty much any kind of either one--with no problem. But boy am I enjoying reading this thread! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Maybe I need to get a life? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Boots and breeches, chaps and jeans, I've never noticed a difference, except I can't bend quite right in chaps and jeans - no mounting from the ground in that attire!

The jeans are Levi's from the outlet. My cheap a$$ can't afford Old Navy. I've also ridden in a hand-me-down pair of Express Blues (fancy-schmancy!) and other than having to fold the denim around my ankles a la Merry, there was no difference.

Oh, and I'm not single, either, and my fiance has never had any issues.....

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

CWP... So, sensitivity is... good, right?

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.

Oh, dear... If you ever showed on the QH circuit, you know real cowboys (and cowgirls) only wear Wranglers. There's something about the way the seams are placed... Personally, I can't find jeans of any brand that will fit my Jennifer Lopez-style butt and wouldn't wear them riding if I did....It's princessy breeches or nothing!

Love this thread... reminds of when I took two male, non-riding friends to a schooling show. Aside from wanting to know "How long does this go on?" and "Where's the bake sale?" they were REALLY fascinated by the male riders, i.e. "Where do they.. uhhmmm... uhhh... PUT everything?" [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    \"It is by no means the privilege of the rider to part with his horse solely by his own will.\" -- Alois Podhajsky

\"Go on, Bill... This is no place for a pony.\"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by InWhyCee:
    Oh, dear... If you ever showed on the QH circuit, you know real cowboys (and cowgirls) only wear Wranglers. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Men = Wranglers and Cinch
    Ladies = Rockies, Cruel Girl or Lawman's

I am a closet QH Queen [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

isn't there another brand on the QH circuit too? I can't remember what they are called, but they have no pockets in the back - a look I despise. They only look good on those blessed with a flat, skinny a$$...unfortunately, that group does not include me!

Oh that VT Rider...Rockies are the ones I am thinking of. It's another TGFVTR moment!

*Behind every good woman lies a trail of men*

I don't know about other brands! I haven't even owned a pair of jeans since coming out as a hunt-seat princess way back in the '80s. I haven't dated a cowboy since (though I WOULD, if you know any)... Yes, all I know is Wranglers, because "he's one tough customer... built to take it... with looks that make it." [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    \"It is by no means the privilege of the rider to part with his horse solely by his own will.\" -- Alois Podhajsky

\"Go on, Bill... This is no place for a pony.\"

Maybe it's because I ride in all sorts of different brand jeans that I don't have a problem? Maybe the seams, etc. are all in different places, so the same isn't hitting the same...Well, you get the idea. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    \"Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion. It seizes a person whole and, once it has done so, he will have to accept that his life will be radically changed.\" -- Ralph Waldo E

I don't "do" the breeches/chaps thing because I usually stop at the store on the way home. I just can't walk around in those tights, especially the way tidbits of hay cling to the material. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

"Charter Member of the Baby Greenie Support Group of North America"

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] I do it all the time, bits of hay and assorted mud patches and all.

However, I do occasionally go in my civvies to prove that I can look nice once and a while

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Lord Helpus wrote: If I had a husband who compared me to other riders in such an intimate way there is no way in he!! I would let him out of the room without a FULL explanation. I trust one will be forthcoming and it will be shared with the BB.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> DMK wrote: CWP... So, sensitivity is... good, right?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img] This is the blushing icon, right? I don't know that I can give the FULL explanation, but DMK is right and apparently some of us "crazy horse ladies" as my husband puts it, just aren't as.... because..... and riding a lot without stirrups makes it worse..... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img] I think I'd better stop..... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I had a definite walk-altering experience when I rode in a new pair of Gap jeans instead of the cheesy stretchy Millers jeans I normally wear under my chaps. That seam!! That awful, evil seam! And I'm not talking about the leg seam, either. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] Ughh! And I was so psyched to pick them up for cheap at the outlet in Lake Placid... rats.

All I can say is Levis were always much kinder to me. Go 501 or go home, ladies! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

The Southern California freeway system, stuck in an endless commute

Speak for yourself! Mr. Beezer has had nothing but compliments. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

But I admit, I am a tights and half-chaps kinda gal. Maybe that makes the difference?!?!?

****Bulletin Board Goddess****
    Congratulate me! My CANTER cutie is an honor student at Goofball University!

I personally prefer breeches and chaps. I used to only wear breeches and tall boots for a long time. Then I switched to chaps, but I still wanted the stretchy feel...riding in jeans feels weird to me. I only wear dark colored breeches at home (navy, dark green, black) so they have that slimming effect. I even wear them around after riding...in fact, I just got back from a post-lesson sushi fest!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Hmmm... so, should I wear my TS rust breeches underneath my custom brown schooling chaps at the show this weekend? Or is that just too much "autumnal" coloring?

Hey, I got the dang pair of things, I gotta wear them! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

"Charter Member of the Baby Greenie Support Group of North America"

Uh...well, Merry...I'm thinking that there would be some serious color clashing going on with that combo!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] But you know, I did see someone riding in rust breeches at The Oaks (Blenheim) a few weeks ago...although I think it was a guy.

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Oh, I dunno, Beezer... unless I am missing something, methinks Mr. CWP doesn't have any complaints either!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Oh, I dunno, Beezer... unless I am missing something, methinks Mr. CWP doesn't have any complaints either!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

I don't know whether to laugh or crawl under my desk and turn lovely shades of red!

The Southern California freeway system, stuck in an endless commute

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DMK:
    Oh, I dunno, Beezer... unless I am missing something, methinks Mr. CWP doesn't have any complaints either!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK, I admit to confusion here. Are we saying that ladies who ride are or are NOT more, ahem, well ... you know. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] Because if it's "are," then that's a good thing, and Beezer simply misunderstood. Which means everyone's happy. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

****Bulletin Board Goddess****
    Congratulate me! My CANTER cutie is an honor student at Goofball University!