The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I NEVER have to shave the insides of my legs--that's a good thing... Levi's and 1/2 chaps work for me.

Member of the Commando/Anti-Thong, but will still wear an orange toque Clique!

My signature used to say "Get Over It"!!!

Don't get stuck in the sludge if you're that confident in your ride!

Always jeans and chaps (none of this half-chap foolishness! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] ), but it definitely matters what jeans you wear! I wore this one pair of Gap jeans once and almost had to go to the hospital. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Mr. Rory married me regardless and hasn't divorced me yet! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

it does matter what kind of jeans you wear...some are not as soft as others....fortunately my cheap a$$ can ride in Old Navy $20 jeans... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    \"Donuts. Is there anything they can\'t do?\"
    ~Homer

Rory - Yep them GAP jeans are killers. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

But I too, have never had much of a problem riding in jeans. When I was much younger I would get them nasty rub marks on the inside of my calf, but I believe I may have built up caluses (sp?) there now so I feel no pain. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

And I am married, but on the other side of the coin, he can be a complete Jacka$$ most of the time sooooooo I wonder??? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Member of the Baby Greenie Support Group of North America
    My horse's feet are as swift as rolling thunder, He carries me away from all my fears. And when the world threatens to fall asunder, His mane is there to wipe away my tears. ~Bonnie Lewis

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Smart Alec

fortunately my cheap a$$ can ride in Old Navy $20 jeans... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aren't Old Navy jeans the best!!!!!!

Yup, the jeans, they matter. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Lands End slim cut jeans fit great under my chaps, but I must wear the lovely padded crotch riding panties (so sophisticated) if I do not want to suffer abrasions in the "marital areas" of my body.

Now, my Calvin Klein jeans don't bother me, but with my toothpick calves I end up wrapping denim around my ankles so I can zip up my chaps. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Oh sigh, the torments I deal with daily. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

"Charter Member of the Baby Greenie Support Group of North America"

Inverness,

I object to my lessons being called a mistake!! It isn't my job to dress you for riding....LOL Why some of the outlandish outfits you do come up with make me afraid to ask what in heavens name is that all about? If you think last night was hard, it's now going to be even worse this evening.... Let's see..... bareback in polyester shorts( with a lovely hooters top to go with it) doing an extended posting trot....Anyone want to wager some money here at how long the Precious Pumpkin stays on?????

Now you can ask any other of my students if they'ved had problems with riding in jeans and I think not too many have. I know MizzWade, for one, didn't and even if she did she was ( and is ) always the profession A/O and would never whine about it. But for some reason she has a penchant for wanting to sue me... After all those glorious rides on the origninal KS....Big Sign. I think if she keeps being Sassy/Lippy like this I might have to go find a Claudio clone for her. NO more military men. But I agree with Wingsie, I grew up riding in jeans so I think I became immune to any pain because of that.

DESITIN! This is the dressage rider's cure! Trust me it works, a little messy but no real dressage rider is caught without it! Think of all that sitting trot and in breeches no less! You know who has cool schooling breeches is Equissentials, really comfy, breathable and they don't have any seams where it counts! Check it out! Poor tussies!
    Lions and Tigers and Bears, oh my!!

"Levi's" is the Answer. And I'm a newlywed. tee hee.

I have problems when I wear my On Course Cotton naturals with the size zip: [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] They put monster sized seams in those things!

. . . and I don't think Old Navy will sell jeans to anyone over 40. What's an old gal to do?

Cactuskate has informed me via email that I am suffering from a condition known as "dressage crotch." So nice to have a proper name for the malady.

Don't temp fate KS, or I'll wear your favorite silver spandex astride that shaggy-maned beastie!

Yes it's true! Dressage Crotch! It is a medical term! It can be diagnosed by your friendly OBGYN! Kidding! It's not a pretty picture at all, kind of painful peeling away your undies when undressing, yip, ouch, yip! You do not under any circumstances go anywhere near your s/o or husband until you have had a nice hot soak in the tub for an hour,. .. with bath salts. . . .and lots of soap, and a very very soft washcloth!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Lions and Tigers and Bears, oh my!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>....in the "marital areas" of my body. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Merry! That is cracking me up! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Reminds me of one of the female comedians who was worried about sleeping in the nude in case of a fire and running outside only to reveal her "lady area" to the neighbors [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Seriously, though, this is a big issue! I discovered the wonders of boots and breeches when I was breaking in new boots last year and found it much more comfortable than riding in jeans!

My husband once dated another rider and says she and I were definitely similar in the "marital areas" in some ways than the non-riders he's dated... I was too much of a lady to ask for lots of details [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] but understood that sensitivity was involved? Not going any further [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

I always ride in GAP jeans with half-chaps and I have never had a problem. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    ~*Paige*~

After years of being rubbed raw (to the point of bleeding at times) I finally was given the solution by a friend who is a long distance bicycle rider. I went to a local bike store and bought the special wicking and padded underwear and in addition bought the thickly padded spandex bicycle shorts. I wear both under any jeans or breeches. (It's worth wearing the bulky outfit for me and frankly the shorts act like a girdle!) It is the only combination that keeps me from suffering. My problem was so bad I couldn't even walk afterwards let alone have a "happy time" with my hubby!

My innocent ears!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] Your post had me both laughing and crying...the tears are streaming and my co-workers think it's time to call in the men in white coats! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    One question:
    Is dressage crotch by any chance related to Camel Toes??? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]
    VTRider! Yes, Old Navy jeans are awesome!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    ~Homer

Yep. Keritts are the way to go. Besides being cooler that any other tights, jeans, breeches imaginable they are also the most comfortable.
    I don't wear anything else anymore (pants I mean [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] ) and haven't had a "problem" since.

Plus they come with that cute little bag of carrot seeds! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    ~Homer

Bumping along life\'s highway, oops, detour, welcome to Yuma, AZ.

Too true....and isn't it interesting how "that time of month" just happens to coincide with those long dressage clinics??? Hey any port in a storm I say. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

As I also shared with Inverness, when I first tried my new dressage saddle many years ago, I was riding in my 501 Levi's, you know the button up kind? One remembers very quickly that the dressage seat is a very "VERTICAL" one. That first posting stride is a killer if you do the hunt seat post!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Thanks for the biking attire tip. Sounds logical to me. Talk about an uncomfortable looking "seat".

You know what Confucious say about woman who rides bike, don't you? She pedal a$$ all over town.

Sorry, old humor never dies......... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

"The older I get, the better I used to be."
    \"The older I get, the better I used to be, but who the heck cares!\"

If sitting trot causes you to bleed, you are likely sitting on your crotch instead of your seat bones. This can cause bleeding, or burning when you pee. You just need to shift your center back a bit. If you are raw on your inner thighs, well thats fine! You'r in the right position.

It never occurred to me that there might be a "feminine" reason for it! (So what is Robert Dover's excuse?)

I have ridden for decades in whatever jeans (and chaps) I favored at the moment with no pain or discomfort. Perhaps there is something to be said for starting riding when you are a 3 year old....

If I had a husband who compared me to other riders in such an intimate way there is no way in he!! I would let him out of the room without a FULL explanation. I trust one will be forthcoming and it will be shared with the BB.
    "I used to have money, now I have horses."