The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I'm sorry, I'm avoiding writing a paper and this is ever so much more amusing.

EMPLOYED!!!! Finally!!!! I start tomorrow at Cosi, Dupont North for all you VA/MD/DC'ers [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Can you stress-fracture your brain?

I prefer to call it a *Urinary Olympiad* [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Gentlemen (and Gentlewomen) start your engines! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

When are you working at Cosi today? Some coworkers and I are going to see the new Star Trek flick and then we're getting dinner somewhere. I certainly can't promise anything, but maybe we could make it to Cosi.

Lorree

Reality is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
    Quote Originally Posted by King's Ransom
    "Now, did you really mean that I should half-pass to the right whilst turning on the haunches to the left? Or was that just you farting?"

I start at 6, I'm in training [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I'll be there until at least 10 I'm sure. Its the one at Conn & R, north of the Circle. I would love to see a familiar face [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

EMPLOYED!!!! Finally!!!! I start tomorrow at Cosi, Dupont North for all you VA/MD/DC'ers [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Heineken

I live not far at all, on 21st street.
    ---
    They're small hearts.

I'm right up the street in Adams Morgan. On Ontario. Come visit me, I'm working every night this week except Wednesday.

I think the difference is there aren't many men who would say "I LOVE my minimal wedding tackle! It makes sitting the trot so much easier!"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    I think the difference is there aren't many men who would say "I LOVE my minimal wedding tackle! It makes sitting the trot so much easier!" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damn skippy!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

timedjumpoff is offline Working Hunter Premium Member
    Original Poster

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by artienallie:
    Guess what, everyone!!!

Sheesh. Now all 6000+ members of the COTH boards know what kind of underwear my husband wears. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now Mrs. artienallie...don't be so hard on him. I mean you can't very well expect hubby to get the kind of worldwide media coverage that Bill Clinton got right after he exposed his underwear (preferences) on late night TV! IMHO, 6000 is a very respectable showing...for his first appearance.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]
    "WHINNYING" IS EVERYTHING!!

Original Poster

OK, I give up. What is wedding tackle???? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Think "beans and frank" from There's Something About Mary...

also known as the family jewels?

I do not smirk. But if I did, this would be a good opportunity. - Worf
    The truth is rarely pure, and never simple. Oscar Wilde

What OTHER names do you ladies have for *The Boys*??? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 5:
    In a logical world men would ride aside.
    So guys tell me..."Why 'do' you risk becomong the same sex as your gelding when there are other options?"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Risk analysis. Riding astride risks damage to the wedding tackle, although the risk really isn't great, except for a few temporarily painful instances. Riding sidesaddle would significantly increase my risk of falling and bashing my brain. Considering my (lack of) mental stability and (lack of) social life, it's tough to say which would be less of a loss.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr. Artienallie:

Why is it when men start the "size discussion" people think that they're just macho nimrods, but it's perfectly acceptable for women to compare breast sizes?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Umm ... maybe because the difference is more significant? I can understand how the difference between an A cup and a D cup would really be noticed at the trot. Any guy who tries to claim that he really has enough size difference to affect his riding is a macho nimrod [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Original Poster

Oh.

Gee thanks Heineken & bgoosewood.

Just goes to show you, you
    learn something new every day
    on the COTH BB, a veritable goldmine of valuable and fascinating information.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Given the previous posts, does this mean we are now on to T, A & D Day? I just need to know so I can note it in my daytimer.

As for a couple of post a while back, thank you. Now I understand what Col. Robertson was doing when I sat with him in the judge's box. :-)

Reed

I am sooo glad I am not the only one with a pre-holiday bizarre sense of humor...let the dirty jokes continue...

Where does Beaver Drilling fit into things?

Heineken -

I'm sure we can find some place for it!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

No ifs, ands or butts!

Bummer.

No bones about it.

D'oh!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]