The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Ok, I give....tell me about it.... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

A few months ago we women were wondering just how you guys, ummm, arrange everything "down there" to ride. Robby GENEROUSLY offered to take some photos and post them, purely educationally for the BB, of course. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

EMPLOYED!!!! Finally!!!! I start tomorrow at Cosi, Dupont North for all you VA/MD/DC'ers [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Can you stress-fracture your brain?

In a thread this summer there was a discussion about how a man "fits" in a saddle. Robby jokingly volunteered to illustrate it for when he lost some extra (in his mind only) poundage.

Thanks to the Baby Aiden Auction, we have found a PG format that will allow him to enlighten all of us female BB'ers [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Horsin around with Robby

"No time to marry, no time to settle down. I'm a young woman and I ain't done runnin' around." - Bessie Smith

alle vas nicht fest mit flopen-stopen ist

sind alt aber nicht tot
    more hay, less grain

5 -

Good question - I've learned to *compensate* in my seat without really even trying. As a gag once, I sat sidesaddle in just a plain forward-seat saddle. It was pretty comfortable, actually, but I would think you would lose some of the leg aides available to make it a regular practice. I am green in my knowledge, though...

I have had a few minor issues along the way, but nothing that I would discuss in this forum [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Boots&Saddles:
    _5 - _

Good question - I've learned to *compensate* in my seat without really even trying. As a gag once, I sat sidesaddle in just a plain forward-seat saddle. It was pretty comfortable, actually, but I would think you would lose some of the leg aides available to make it a regular practice. I am green in my knowledge, though...

I have had a few minor issues along the way, but nothing that I would discuss in this forum [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But that is the whole point of this forum [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

If most of the threads weren't lost during/after the move, there would be plenty of "issues" related to this topic. Fear us not. If we can talk about boobs, butts and thongs you can talk about wedding tackle [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

"No time to marry, no time to settle down. I'm a young woman and I ain't done runnin' around." - Bessie Smith

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Boots&Saddles:
    Good question - I've learned to *compensate* in my seat without really even trying. As a gag once, I sat sidesaddle in just a plain forward-seat saddle. It was pretty comfortable, actually, but I would think you would lose some of the leg aides available to make it a regular practice. I am green in my knowledge, though...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what the whip is for. You use it for your right side aides. Which is why Artie would never be a good side saddle mount. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

At least, that's my understanding - HN73 competes sidesaddle, she'd be able to 'splain better.

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sarapony:
    But that is the whole point of this forum [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

If most of the threads weren't lost during/after the move, there would be plenty of "issues" related to this topic. Fear us not. If we can talk about boobs, butts and thongs you can talk about wedding tackle [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heck, sarapony, if he really wanted to, he could talk about boobs, butts and thongs with us.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

I have one male riding friend who says he learned his lesson after one, um, incident. He was wearing boxers(apparently a no-no) and landed wrong and had to get off...went and bought boxer briefs as soon as he was recovered.

EMPLOYED!!!! Finally!!!! I start tomorrow at Cosi, Dupont North for all you VA/MD/DC'ers [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Hmm, boobs and booty; I approve of both. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

As for my seat and how I arrange myself, I didn't have a problem during either of my two riding efforts. Of course, each ride was only about 10-15 minutes, so maybe there might have been more of an issue with a longer ride.

Niners aren't linear; we're everywhen.
    Niners aren\'t linear; we\'re everywhen.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Heineken:
    I have one male riding friend who says he learned his lesson after one, um, incident. He was wearing boxers(apparently a no-no) and landed wrong and had to get off...went and bought boxer briefs as soon as he was recovered.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had boxers on for one of the two rides, and briefs for the other. Can't recall a significant difference, though I think briefs would be the smarter of the two. Best to compact things in that situation. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Not that you need to know, but I prefer boxers when not riding. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Guess what, everyone!!!

Sheesh. Now all 6000+ members of the COTH boards know what kind of underwear my husband wears. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

BOXERS?!? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

I'll bet he never did that again!!! Same principle as with a sports bra....to support. Big difference is that "the boys" must also be "protected" from sudden contact! As we all know, there can certain movements under saddle that may cause one to suddenly lower into the pommel. Result: PAIN [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]
    Rider-induced, of course, by incorrect reactions! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img]

He said he NEVER made that mistake again. He was singing soprano for a while.

I hadn't seen Mr. A&A's post yet........I was responding to Heineken's post about her friend. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by artienallie:
    Sheesh. Now all 6000+ members of the COTH boards know what kind of underwear my husband wears. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only fair seeing as how practically everyone's bra sizes are available for review. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Only fair seeing as how practically everyone's bra sizes are available for review. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gee Mr. A&A, I didn't see anything about size in your post..... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Lorree

Reality is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
    Quote Originally Posted by King's Ransom
    "Now, did you really mean that I should half-pass to the right whilst turning on the haunches to the left? Or was that just you farting?"

I KNEW that it was just a matter of time...... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Synrgystyk:
    Gee Mr. A&A, I didn't see anything about _size_ in _your_ post..... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL I was just thinking about this. Why is it when men start the "size discussion" people think that they're just macho nimrods, but it's perfectly acceptable for women to compare breast sizes?

I smell a double standard here. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

And as for why I didn't mention it, it's because I don't need to. IMO, when men get into that discussion, they're attempting to make up for a deficiency somewhere.

I'm not complaining, but more importantly, artienallie isn't complaining, so there's nothing to discuss. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Besides, you already know I wear boxers. Gotta leave something to the imagination! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> LOL I was just thinking about this. Why is it when men start the size discussion people think that they're just macho nimrods, but it's perfectly acceptable for women to compare breast sizes?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Truer words...........Ditto, ditto! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]