The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Galaway Downs. . . Galaway Downs. . . . elizabeth gets on mapquest to find Galaway Downs. . . . you are TRYING to keep me away from the horse shows, but you're gonna FAIL. . . . I'll be there - there's an egg sandwich with my NAME on it!!!

It's Post Equestrian Stress Disorder. I know I'm afflicted. I got to the office at 6:30am so i could leave at 3:30 and get to the barn by 5:00. Had a lesson. Jump a line buck, buck , buck. Pull his head up...don't let him do that. Where's your lead change? You already know how to stop! Buck, buck, buck. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

The best partof the evening was grooming and petting his head and playing with his nose. Afterall Tomorrow is another day [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Hey Beezer do you have a pic of your Paint WB? He sounds wonderfuL! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Ahem, Suave, it's a PINTO warmblood MARE! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

She's just gorgeous. And she knows it. Remember: many have admired her from afar, and desired to possess her. But alas, once they climb aboard... they want off!

Beezer and I find this amazing, because we do not find the Lovely Spot difficult to ride, just amusing and a tad challenging.

Some of my favorite moments at shows have been watching Beezer negotiate jumper courses on spotted beast horse. The mare jumps so cute and earnestly, and she's totally honest. But Beezer... well, Lovely Spot just isn't quite sure exactly what Beezer's job is. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Yikes Suave, you have quite a drive from work to the barn! I used to have about a 1.5 hour drive from downtown LA to Moorpark. Now I don't have a long drive (only 10 minutes from work to home, 30 minutes from work to barn) but I work with crazy people. Ah, the tradeoffs. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] But I used to work 6:15 to 3:45 (9 hour day, every other Friday off) so that I could get out to ride at a decent hour.

Hmmm...when do we all get to see Levely Spot, Beezer? Any plans of going to Blenheim in July? Do you go to LAEC at all? I wonder if I'll get to Showpark at all this year, what with all the indecisive people at my barn. It's not looking promising. And besides, I have waterskiing to fit in during the summer as well! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Gosh Merry is my face red. I'm afraid i don't know the difference between a paint & a pinto (they don't call us amateurs for nuthin') Hopefully Beezer will not take offence. Remind her that i am just a old neophyte (oximoron)

Yes AAJUmper I travel 58 miles one way to Glendale. i am about 5 mintues from the LA Equestrian center. Last week i went to pet Richard Spooner's horses on the nose (for inspiration).

We are up in the air about shows too. I'll tell you if the Nasdaq was better, I'd be going to a lot more. but I'll do the Oaks, Blenheim and Huntington beach plus some Gold Coasts in between. Del Mar and LAEC. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

AAJumper makes note to self: Do not drink Snapple Iced Tea before bed.

Oh my, SuaveReno....and to think I complained about my 35 mile drive downtown! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

\"in the wind, and rain, looking for the sun..................\"

Suave, you blew off Bill Gates for a date? Girl we need to talk!! Muttering to herself, wty knows this group is primo for a road trip!! Plus now poor Suave is spending even more of her life on the road.

So, elizabeth have you narrowed it down? Mapquest can sometimes take you the round about way to places.

Hmmmm, looks like that old sibling rivalry is rearing it's head. Beezer drowning Merry's Breyer's, let's see. Pulling her Psyche 101 book from college. No, nothing in here about drowning sister's plastic horses. Might have to go to the index. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img]

Wouldn't it be nice to go visit weeble? Coreene pet leach attached, A/A, Suave (one more road trip),elizabeth (you can bring your Breyers), rusty (faithful blender in hand)Beezer & Merry (you can bring QHSM). They have a lovely jumper ring for the WB pinto mare. And Merry, Hammie would enjoy loping around the hunter rings. The Winne would be there, sounds like almost a day at the beach? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

WA. The Evergreen State Where The Horses Are Forever Green

Suave Reno had her reasons to blow off Bill Gates for a date.
    I knew him in his "teenage" years, and I don't recall anyone being enamoured [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    When I say I knew him, I don't mean we were friends. But I went to many Lakeside parties, etc... and so I saw him around.
    I guess if Suave Reno and I had our psychic's with us, haha [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] , perhaps thing would have been different. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

"After all," she says to herself (again), "it's not like he was Antonio Banderas at any point in his life. And even if you could have married him and had every horse you ever wanted, you'd still wake up in the morning when you were not at shows and there he'd be, next to you."

Bruise Update: leech-less, it is fading faster than I had expected. Willem, contrite on Monday, decided yesterday that he (an 18 year old gelding) had PMS and chose not to speak to me. Ergo, I did little in return.

She then surveys the bomb site otherwise known as her desk, shakes her head in dismay, and begins wading through masses of paperwork...
    EDDIE WOULD GO

Eeewww! Waking up next to Bill Gates? Blech-pooey!

Sorry, but I do have a price, and he could afford me.

When I taught first grade I had a color photo of Don Johsons from Miami Vice taped to the inside of my desk drawer. Whenever I needed inspiration, or a break from the little monsters, I'd just amble back to my desk, pull out that drawer and *sigh* it was pink flamingos and margaritas and Donnie boy!

Merry, what haven't you done? Awe-inspiring career going on!
    EDDIE WOULD GO

Galway Downs Information [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

What is the Closest-To-Midpoint-Show that all West Coast BBers can hook up at???
    EDDIE WOULD GO

WA. The Evergreen State Where The Horses Are Forever Green

Sounds central to me [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    It is only a 12 hour drive one way [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

The Southern California freeway system, stuck in an endless commute

That's the place, TuxWink. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

But Beezer -- after endless, agonizing self-questioning and analysis -- has decided that perhaps THIS Galway Downs show is not the one for her and The Lovely Spot to make their 2001 debut. I dunno ... for some reason, the thought of Spot out in a huge open field with nothing between her and the mountains except Beezer and a pelham.... Well, let's just say Beezer doesn't want to go there. So she is wimping and regrouping, taking aim on a show NEXT weekend that will be in an arena with an actual FENCE around it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    Then on to the next Galway show in a couple of weeks!

But Merry and Hammie, however, will be there on Saturday. So will Beezer -- to spectate and schlep and polish Merry's tiara. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] Beezer will also no doubt be stationed down in the far corner again to talk Hammie through the scary corner with the starting gate ... envision Merry ordering here: "Say something to him so he knows it's OK to go down there!!" [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]
    Congratulate me! My CANTER cutie is an honor student at Goofball University!

Suave Reno still at the office needs to call it a day but between works there's always the boards.

Del Mar? Ok I know it's a little south for a midway point but everyone seems to catch that show. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Santa Barbara???? LAEC???? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

\"in the wind, and rain, looking for the sun..................\"

Okay, okay, wty knows that money isn't everything. But, it would be nice, just once to come and go as you please? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] But you all are right. Heaving a big sigh, happily she jingles her curb.

Beezer is a wise person, that turning with no ring, is not a fun thing. Especially when one's fav mare keeps going, with no stopping, and is next in the stabling area [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Having been there on several occasions, we make a concerted effort to focus only on shows with fencing! And this is a supposed hunter [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] And NO won't even dare go near the jumpers, way too scarey.

So Beezer, I'm guessing Blenheim wouldn't be your first choice to show at, what with those wide open grass fields that go on forever? And the "railing" is pratically non-existant! So what show are you planning to go to the next weekend? LAEC perhaps? Cypress and I will be there on the 8th.

Welcome to the BB TuxWink! I see you are a fellow Los Angelino! I'm not in the City of LA, but I'm in LA County. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

yeah!!! I'm going to the oaks tomarrow!!! My first time showing there!!!

~Christina~
    "Chaos is what killed the dinosaurs, Darling!" JD;Heathers