The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

It starts at 4:00 PM and I'm sure interested in hearing what the take is on this mess.

I'd like to hear how they are standing at this point, tall and strong or starting to fall on their swords.

It starts at 4:00 PM and I'm sure interested in hearing what the take is on this mess.

I'd like to hear how they are standing at this point, tall and strong or starting to fall on their swords.

There is now discussion regarding 8/15 meeting minutes. Eric objected. David O'C says that they are accurate.
    Nothing says "I love you" like a tractor. (Clydejumper)

The reports states, “Elizabeth reported that she accidently put down this pony, ........, at the show.”

Strauss and Leone vote against accepting minutes of 8/15

Minutes of 8/27 (?) approved
    Mal:This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then .... explode

Resolution to congratulate WEG participants

The reports states, “Elizabeth reported that she accidently put down this pony, ........, at the show.”

and to owners, breeders and connections of the horses at the WEG

Armand wants to make it clear that USAEq was not responsible for any of the success ....
    Mal:This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then .... explode

oooohhh Armand Leone -- tacky tacky --

Go David!

and Linda Allen as well.

Armand just said he MEANT the offense.

David O'C is rebutting - David is such a fine diplomat

did you hear that! Linda said she took offense and Armand says "offense MEANT"

Was that Armand Leone saying that he wants it made clear in this resolution that USA Eq had NOTHING TO DO WITH the WEG results?!?

What an A******!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leone and Strauss abstain from voting FOR the resolution to congratulate the WEG participants

Denny pointed out that AHSA had lots to do with the preparation and success of our teams

Discussion of Aachen winning bid for next WEG as part of Dusseldorf 2012 Olympic bid

Alan says Ky was encouraged to bid again for 2010 WEG

talking about bidding on WEG for 2010

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Minutia is the Name of the Game

Minutes � 8/27 approval - Issue regarding statement re: statement AB's not running for President next time, nor serving on committees for 6 years. I'm not sure exactly the issue but AB could not comment on the issue as he was not at the meeting (this is the one that neither AB/AL were allowed to attend). Eric (Strauss?) disagreed with minutes as written. David O'Connor, Karen [Hawkins?] and someone else � all who were there � agreed with minutes as written. AB proposed accepting minutes as written with letter from Strauss. AL/ES didn�t approve minutes, rest approved.

I've resolved to recommend Offensensitivity

Resolution re: General congrats of WEG team and all supporters. AL put forth a long discourse on how any implication that this was anything but in spite of the USAEq in general and AB in particular. David O'Connor was very diplomatic, but said that to take this moment to engage in tit-for-tat was offensive to all athletes. Linda Allen agreed that she to was offended (albeit not for the reasons AL was). Sam Barish said this wasn�t about being offended, it was about up or down vote or amending resolution. Carol Lavell noted that the resolution thanked many people including the USET, and as a matter of fact didn�t mention the USAEq. Ultimately the matter was voted on with AL/ES abstaining.

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
    Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.

any and all locations in U.S. are invited to submit potential bids for WEG to Fed

over 82,000 members - an all-time high

Sorry, still can't get over what Armand Leone just did. I have tried so hard to get on the USET side and he is ruining everything. Please: anyone on here who wants the USET to be NGB, what do you think of what just happened here? Does it change your opinion at all?

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Aachen go to Kentucky in 2010?

In a blissful moment of accord, discussion about Aachen award in 2006 and potential bid for 2010 in KY

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
    Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.

Membership over 82,000 - up 2% from last year

Financial statements audited in Aug by USOC