The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

okay, I think that this has moved from being a topic discussing George Morris to being an immature name calling forum. Quit picking on Oblivious Jumper, Oblivious Jumper quit feeding the ones who are attacking. Everyone, quit feeding the trolls. Focus on George Morris and opinions of...
    thank you

marion

"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."
    ~ Galloway Gypsy Proverb
    marion

\"The judge didn\'t happen to hurl his pen over his shoulder at that moment did he?\"

you guys seriously need to stop picking one corie. it all started as an inside joke about GM cause he seems to criticize everyone. if you happen to read in the current issue of PH, you'd notice alot of people wrote in complaining about his criticism of the young lady w/ the chaps and white pony. please,....take time out of your "busy" lives on this message board and read what those good people have to say. they expressed my thoughts as well as corie's quite well.
    also, if you guys didn't spend your whole frickin' lives on this board, you would know that not everything has to be typed EXACTLY correct. yes, sometimes when you're typing, a finger slips. that doesn't give anyone in here a reason to insult someone about their schooling and education because frankly, it's not a reflection of how much you know.
    if you huunters weren't so damn anal, you wouldn't care about little mistakes.....jesus....

~*Lindsay*~
    Lindsay

Check out my blog at http://lindsayberreth.com

preach on...preach on...

Corie Corie
    Not all men are annoying... some are dead

but I wanted to say that I really enjoyed the nice stories about GM that were posted on this thread. He really is that nice. Tough? Yes. Anal? Yes. Mean and heartless? NO! When my mom first took me for a lesson with him several years ago (I asked for a lesson with GM for my birthday...we joked about making him wear a bow! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]), he was very professional and courteous. I was just as impressed by his demeanor as I was by the content of my lesson. At one point, he was adjusting my leg position. While he was there, he thought to check the girth. I don't know why, since it was his horse I was on, and his staff that did the tacking up, but it made me feel safe to know that he thought enough of my safety to check anyway. At another point in the lesson, he had me ride in and was explaining something. When he got done talking, he gave the horse a pat on the neck and told him (rather confidentially,) "You're a good boy." The horse kind of arched his neck like he was proud. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I can't hold a candle to Remy's story, but the consideration GM displayed in that situation is definitely something I've noticed myself. He is just a genuinely decent human being...and a brilliant rider and teacher. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I've never ridden with GM but I've ridden with GM minions (yes that's what I call people who have ridden with him) one sold me a fabulous horse that he himself (not GM but GM's minion) trained himself, best horse I've ever had, the other is teaching me all sorts of things. i agree, he is picky, but we are not going to turn this into as stated above, at cat fight, I tried to settle things down, and I'm going to stay calm but i'm on the side of keeping things calm so don't pick on hunters Piaffe, that's a way to get a whole bunch of people up at arms when we're trying to settle everybody down....

marion

"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."
    ~ Galloway Gypsy Proverb
    marion

\"The judge didn\'t happen to hurl his pen over his shoulder at that moment did he?\"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by piaffeprincess98:
    if you huunters weren't so damn anal, you wouldn't care about little mistakes.....jesus....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I ride hunters, I'm anal about things, and I'm proud of it! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

So, do you guys think George prefers baby quiches or marshmallow peeps?? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]
    "fighting stupidity; one step at a time" -- a wise COTHer

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> So, do you guys think George prefers baby quiches or marshmallow peeps?? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Baby Quiches

Baby quiche, yeah my biggest fear is that a judge is going to read my posts, then see me at a show, and think "Oh that's the klutz that...."

marion

~ Galloway Gypsy Proverb
    marion

yes i remember you JustJumpIt. i never really did enjoy praising hunnters while i talked to you either...

~*Lindsay*~
    Lindsay

Check out my blog at http://lindsayberreth.com

You have a disagreement, you take it off line please!
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

I say Marshmallow Peeps. They have less fat. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

Please, tell me who these big named peole are who have the abundant time to post on this board, shouldnt they be teaching or even riding?

Corie Corie

Hey, I ride eventers, I'm anal, and proud of it!!!

Good horsemanship is good horsemanship, period. Doesn't matter what discipline you do. Attention to detail, sportsmanship, and hard work are qualities that the top riders possess.

I love reading George Morris's column in Practical Horseman - over the years, its helped me gain an "eye" for turnout and correct horsemanship. Attention to detail carries over into all aspects of riding and showing and makes the difference between being just a rider or an actual horseman.
    Kelly Soldavin Harvest Moon Farm
    www.harvestmoonfarmpa.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ObiliviousJumper87:
    My horses are no less than in perfect health. No lameness or sickness problems here! never had and hopefully never will. i take care of them so how ever asked a ? along that line theres your answer.

Corie Corie<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

From your profile: I have owned 3 horses. My 2nd one had a horrible accident with me...

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Use the Force.

That was a freak accident, I really wouldnt consider that a lameness problem considering he had to get put down. I dont think its really any of your business. That was the coolest horse on the face of this earth. I found him pretty much beaten up in a field and in 8 monthes i turned him around and made him an A circuit winner <jumpers> please tell me if that doesnt show talent of both parts. I mean, while Matt was alive NEVER ONCE had a lameness problem. I have NEVER had a lameness problem and as far as i can see i dont think i will b/c my horses are very well taken care of and dont go out in a herd. So maybe if you werent assuming you could get all the facts down striaght, whose the talking idiot now, sure as hell isnt me! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Corie Corie

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Flash44:

From your profile: I have owned 3 horses. My 2nd one had a horrible accident with me...

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Use the Force.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was a low blow Flash....

~~Kate~~

"I love to get home after a long day and go to sleep late. I love to wake up before the sun. I love to spend the day in the sun, with it's rays warming my skin. I love the mist of the cold hose. I love not being able to feel my fingers and toes in the winter. I love to stand on the hill, letting a friend graze in a warm wind. I love the smell of that wonderful place...I live to ride, and I ride to live."
    --------------------------
    I would sooner fail than not be among the greatest
    -- John Keats

I got Matt when I was about 12. He was kinda my 1st horse but in another way my 2nd. But my trainer had seen him alot in my old barn's paddock, totally gross and matted and nasty looking. <it was a pretty nice barn too!> but anyways, so i got him and all he did was absolutly run, this horse was like a semi for me to stop. I had to water ski on his mouth to get him to stop. And finally once we figured each other out we finally clicked. It took about a good 4 to 5 monthes to get to his head that he didnt have to haul @$$ down the lines. And we cleaned house at alllllll the local jumper shows. and so at 13 i finally went up to culpeper and competed in the Childrens/Adult Amtr. Jumper division. First A show ever and about 40 people were in my class, we did VERY well there, 1st, 2nd, and a 4th. Well then we went to the august show at Culpeper. and on friday we got a first and on his last day that i ever rode him we amazingly got a 2nd. It was toward the end of our course and matt and i were taking a sharp left turn to our last line, while making that turn he stumbled behind and i heard a snap not thinking anything of it i just went down the line with him <last 2 jumps> and we pretty much flew. well then he started limping heavily. so i flung my self off of him and we called the vet down on campus there. that dumbass told us that it was an absess and to walk him as much as possible and to soak in empsoms salts and hotwater. well i was like ok this is making sense. So i had to go to Va beach that night and i left that night thinking that it was probably just a twisted or something minor. well that night that parentals and my trainer took him to leeseburg , of of Va Tech. They said that it was a P2 fracted and 5 brakes to the left hind. they sad that if we were to do surgery and put a plate in it still wouldnt fix his lameness at all. He would live in his stall, be tranqulized every damn day, couldnt walk up even the slightest slope, could ONLY be hand walked for 20 minutes max. If i was a horse i would feel like i was in a state prison for god sakes. The vets said that when they see people that do this to their horses it never turns out good the horse is always in a state of depression. My mom decided to put him down for me. She called and called me at my friends house in Va beach and i was going physcotic over the whole thing. I think that Matt was the coolest horse. He toted me around and i was always trying new things with him. Matt and i had this kind of bond that was like, ill look out for you if you look out for me. He was just Matt, a horse that made you believe that you could do anything.
    I still cry telling this story, thats how much i hate it when people make snide and irregardless comments about him. there will never be another like him, never.

slure slure!!

TAKE THE PERSONAL CRAP OFF THE BOARD!

If your comment is not about GM, don't post it. Don't respond to earlier comments not about GM -- anything non-GM from this point on will be deleted.

And grow up, while you're at it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

lol ah anyways! i havent gotten my PH yet and i am ANTICIPATATING IT!! speaking of unbuttoned colars, did i see GM collar UNBUTTONED in his advirtisement??? his horses with out protection ?!?! <a big no no in corie's book> i think maybe we should look at the fine detailes of the advirtisement.

slure slure!!

They have less fat. I wonder what he really DOES eat... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Corie...I'm sorry to hear about your horse. I lost mine in Sept. She had Cushing's Syndrome, and after 2 years of treating her, she started to founder & developed bronchitis. It was too much & I had to put her down. I had her for 7 years...she was my horse all through high school and she got me through some REALLY tough times. She was my best friend. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] I do know how that loss feels, and I'm sorry you lost Matt. He looks like he was a really cool horse!

As an aside...are draw reins really allowed in jumper classes? (can you tell I don't show much? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] )

Sara [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]