The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Custom Dress Boots

I am planning to order a pair of custom boots in the next couple months. I currently school and show in a pair of off the rack Konigs that fit well and I really like. I plan on making them my everyday boots and using the new ones for shows only (once they are broken in). If money were no object, what brand of boots would you order and what features would you have to have?? I plan on spending whatever it takes to get perfect, beautiful boots and would like them to last a long time!

I use both Dehners and Vogels. I prefer my Dehners.

Have Dehners....they are ok, but prefer Kroop Boots in Laurel MD.....Small shop, great service, beautiful boots. I got to see Michael Matz boots that were in for rehabbing soles.

Default Konig!

I have 4 pairs of Konigs. I'd never go a different route. Best boots hands down.

Enjoy!!

I just got my 3rd pair of Dehner's this pair is patent leather.
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

dudleyc - did you get extra stiff (or whatever Dehner calls that)? I have two pairs of Dehners and love them. When I get to PSG and wear tails I'm pondering getting proper "dressage" boots...although, my current Dehner dress boots polish up nicely.

I personally don't like really stiff boots. They are stiffer than the hunter boots.

I got my Dehner's fitted about 10 years ago. I still have that pair and ride in them every day, but I don't want to use them for show. I remember having a conversation about what I wanted re. stiffness and the boots arrived just as I wanted.

Since the first pair, I have gotten 2 additional pair (I like to bring 2 pairs of boots to a show). I just call up Dehner and they have my measurements. I asked them to make my 2nd pair taller and then my 3rd pair is patent.

Its a great company to work with.

I agree they are great to work with! They had my measurements and I wanted a bit more room for winter breeches in my second pair...which I got as field boots and no zippers. They are my back ups if the zippers break on my dress boots.

I am scared to buy stiff ones in case I don't like them.

I looove Konigs, they are fantastic as they have so many combinations you can have them in! Especially when you are short like me, it means I can have tyhe perfect boots that fit me, I have these ones below, I have added swarovski crystals to mine!

http://www.blackhorsesaddlery.co.uk/...ette%20Plus%22