The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Where can I post boots of interest to fox hunters?

I have a brand new pair of stock Dehners that I want to sell. They are dress boots that I got when I was hunting, but they are too tall for me, and my horse is now retired from hunting (another will have to wait until after we get our kids through college).

So where can I post these that fox hunters, who are most likely to be interested, might see them?

Thanks much!

eBay.
    Yes, I know how to spell. I'm using freespeling!

freespeling

FOL

No luck on Ebay. I used to be a member of FOL, but I no longer have the info to join. Could you possibly provide it?

Also, if I haven't been part of the group for a while, is it OK to have my first post be something for sale?

TIA.

FOL subscribing instructions and rules

Many people post about items for sale, whether it be horses, saddles, tack, or other fox hunting things.

Maybe a short introduction and then give a description of what's for sale and a link to photos of the item.

Best of luck.

Just out of honest curiousity (don't know very much about hunt attire), why do you think that only foxhunting folks would be interested in these boots?

Quote Originally Posted by jawa View Post
    FOL subscribing instructions and rules

Many people post about items for sale, whether it be horses, saddles, tack, or other fox hunting things.

Maybe a short introduction and then give a description of what's for sale and a link to photos of the item.

Best of luck.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Bacardi1 View Post
    Just out of honest curiousity (don't know very much about hunt attire), why do you think that only foxhunting folks would be interested in these boots?
    They are dress pull-on boots without zippers. I bought them to be my fox-hunting boots, but many people might appreciate them for other disciplines as well. I had a similar pair that I loved for eventing many moons ago (which is why I got these).

Lots of folks only want boots with zippers, however, these days.

Quote Originally Posted by IFG View Post
    They are dress pull-on boots without zippers. I bought them to be my fox-hunting boots, but many people might appreciate them for other disciplines as well. I had a similar pair that I loved for eventing many moons ago (which is why I got these).

Lots of folks only want boots with zippers, however, these days.
    That's my point - why wouldn't you just market them for what they are? I'm sure there are lots of folks - in pretty much any discipline - who might be interested in your boots. Why are you looking to market them specifically for foxhunting? Doesn't make any sense to me, & you pretty much admit it doesn't make any sense - lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Bacardi1 View Post
    That's my point - why wouldn't you just market them for what they are? I'm sure there are lots of folks - particularly dressage folks - who would be interested in your boots. Why are you looking to market them specifically for foxhunting? Doesn't make any sense to me, & you pretty much admit it doesn't make any sense - lol!
    I have advertised them to all comers, but despite what I think is a really fair price, they have not sold. They have been on the classifieds page here for ages. I am trying to get creative in places to advertise. If you have other ideas, I am all ears .

Thanks in advance.