The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Erin is offline Schoolmaster Premium Member
    Original Poster

Hat update!

Orders will start shipping out tomorrow via first class mail. (Which means you'll get them faster than your Chronicles! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] )

Gofer says she will try to get a hat photo tomorrow. They're busy with post-Kentucky madness in Middleburg today.

I will try to get forms for Canadian/overseas BBers online by the end of the week, once someone finally tells me what the shipping costs will be.

And for those of you who called the Chronicle or visited the Rolex booth and asked for Gofer (ahem... that would be ETBW and Portia!), here's who would have responded...

[This message was edited by Erin on May. 01, 2001 at 04:02 PM.]

He's cute, put him on the payroll! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

The Southern California freeway system, stuck in an endless commute

Maybe Gofer could deliver our hats!!

Notice how I am not moaning about the delay between the ordering and the sending of the hats. I know the COTH folks had a busy, busy, busy few days. No, not moaning. No moaning here. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]
    Congratulate me! My CANTER cutie is an honor student at Goofball University!

Toronto, a city that\'s not won a Stanley Cup in my damned lifetime

Beezer, you trying to wrest away DMK's COTH BB Nobel Peace Prize with this feigned patience and understanding?

Original Poster

Hmm...

Hat form went online Friday at noon.

By Monday, around 70 or 80 orders had been placed... had to be printed out, credit card numbers run through, etc.

Tuesday, hats are being packed into mailing envelopes by the Chronicle's lovely intern.

Wednesday, hats go in the mail at the Middleburg Post Office.

I think that's pretty darn good service! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

If anyone wants Gofer to deliver a hat, it'll take an extra year or so... he'll get around to it in his own sweet time. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Oh.........I'm in love with Gofer

Could he possibly have a thyroid problem? I mean, no offense, but he kind of looks like Barbara Bush with those eyes.

Not that Gofer isn't a wonderful little JRT, and holds a striking resemblence to my sister's wanton terrorist, Maori Jones, aka "Devil Dog". [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

How much does Gofer cost?! I wanna order him!

Kels

*Princess Kelsey*
    *Princess Kelsey*

Gofer just happens to be, well, how do you say it, a HYBRID JRT. Don't tell him I revealed his secret, but his mother, bless her little soul (who had 11 puppies in his litter!) may, just may, have had some "South of the Border" blood running through her veins. Gofer claims to be a full-blooded JRT, but sometimes I wonder because he seems to have a true affinity for Taco Bell.

re

Hat form went online Friday at noon.

By Monday, around 70 or 80 orders had been placed... had to be printed out, credit card numbers run through, etc.

Tuesday, hats are being packed into mailing envelopes by the Chronicle's lovely intern.

Wednesday, hats go in the mail at the Middleburg Post Office.

DAMN FINE SERVICE

better than many commercial sales entities

- and now we are at the mercy of the post office

{now for myself, it is a good thing that they are coming via US mail - delivery services tend to like to drop packages inside the second gate, which to my puppy means that they are delivering a chew toy for him - better that my cap is left in the mailbox}
    Nothing says "I love you" like a tractor. (Clydejumper)

The reports states, “Elizabeth reported that she accidently put down this pony, ........, at the show.”

Now if darling Gofer (the real one) had been at the COTH booth at Rolex, they would have gotten much more traffic than they did just by showing those videos and having a nice couch to sit on. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    "I don't want to sound like a broken record here, but why is it that a woman will forgive homicidal behavior in a horse, yet be highly critical of a man for leaving the toilet seat up?" Dave Barry

Any news yet on Canadian shipping costs etc? Not meaning to be pushy but just to let you know, our credit cards work equally well!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    \"If you are going through hell, keep going.\" ~Churchill~

Original Poster

Yep, Quinn, I got the go-ahead to do order forms for Canadian/overseas orders... I just have to find time to do it! (Tuesday is deadline day and I've been slaving over my swimming-with-dolphins epic. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] )

Since I guess shipping costs will depend on where exactly you live, what we're going to do is take your orders and give you the option to be emailed with the actual shipping cost before your credit card is charged. (It will just be the shipping cost -- no handling fee or anything.)

I don't think I'll have time to do the forms tonight, but hopefully tomorrow. You can expect to be able to order by Friday. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

And for anyone who missed my post yesterday, if you wanted more hats than you ordered the first time around, you're welcome to go ahead and order to your heart's desire! They brought lots of hats back from Rolex, and if those run out, they'll just order more.

I requested two over the telephone and two from the on-line form. Only ONE is for ME! Because I am such a nice person I ordered an additional Cap for Heidi,Jair and my SO (be it Mr. Wings or the Winglet, whoever is non-annoying) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Will I get all four caps (two of each color) or do I need to reorder? Oh the pain. I have outsmarted myself once again. :sad:

Drat the lack of that smilie!
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

Original Poster

There is no Chronicle Hat Hog Enforcer, ETBW. I only asked that people not order more than one hat out of courtesy, to be sure they didn't all disappear immediately. I should have said one hat PER PERSON... that's what I meant. Anyway, we have plenty of hats to go around, so it's all good. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

(I actually find it funny that so many people have emailed me and apologized for ordering more than one, explaining in detail who the extras were for. You all are very sweet! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] )

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Beezer, you trying to wrest away DMK's COTH BB Nobel Peace Prize with this feigned patience and understanding? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you Heidi... snif... someone needs to keep the riff raff away from my award.

DMK putters off into the shrine and mutters "here Nobel sweetikins, let mommikins dust and shine you again..."
    Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.

The Southern California freeway system, stuck in an endless commute

DMK, I learned my lesson in my battle with Heidi over Merry's crown ... I do not try to wrest anything away from anyone anymore... except Merry. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] But *sigh* ... I DO so want some kinda prize. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Beezer stalks her mailbox, restless in her anticipation of the COTH hat delivery. She peers into the deep recesses ... DANG, NO HAT. She wanders away ... only to circle immediately back, thinking, maybe I missed it? Maybe the mail hasn't come yet?? DANG! NO HAT! She walks away, dejected. But then she brightens. For she realizes that tomorrow is another day!
    Congratulate me! My CANTER cutie is an honor student at Goofball University!

Beezer, the safest thing for you to do would be just to stay out there by the mailbox until the cap arrives
    Nothing says "I love you" like a tractor. (Clydejumper)

The reports states, “Elizabeth reported that she accidently put down this pony, ........, at the show.”

I'll have mine in time for KY - AND the first stop will be Personalized Products so I can have my SN embroidered on it.

Where shoudl the embroidery go - I thought somewhere it said the back was already taken with www.chronofhorse.com

As I sit here, hat in hand, [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] the back does have the COTH addy embroidered in an arc over the pony tail opening. However, there should be room for board names above that. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    "I don't want to sound like a broken record here, but why is it that a woman will forgive homicidal behavior in a horse, yet be highly critical of a man for leaving the toilet seat up?" Dave Barry