The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

I can't believe it... almost 47 years old and a groupie for the very first time... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Erin is offline Schoolmaster Premium Member
    Original Poster

So far, 77 orders placed! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] (Yep, the Chronicle is definitely going to hate me...)

Assuming most people only ordered one hat, there should still be some left for the people who haven't been able to order yet. And if the hats at Rolex didn't sell out, those will be available as well.

I'll try to get a progress report from Tricia on Monday, and find out when we'll be getting the second shipment of hats, so those of you who wanted more than one will be able to order again. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] Hopefully we'll also be able to set up Canadian/overseas order forms next week.

Thanks for everyone's enthusiasm! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

"Better you as babysitter for my precious Sumo than LearningtoLevitateJumpTheMaggotOolaBoola."

What are you trying to say? That I am a bad influence on Sumokinns? Sorry heidi, but sumo already loves me. He has asked for me to live with him when you and Hansthing go away on trips. He even asked me to be his big sister, because i'm the only one who will gladly clean up his diapers if he eats my broccoli and tofu for me. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] And I clean tack, do laundry, babysit, do the dishes, walk the dog, give daily massages and bring my dear mommy breakfast in bed. But since Kelly is now your oh-so perfect daughter-to-be ( [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] ) I will take my services elsewhere to someone who appreciates them! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] Watch your back when walking around at bolton heidi, I wouldn't want anyone to accidentally run you over with their horse or anything like that...

So anyone wanna adopt a daughter? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] Who wants breakfast in bed....when I bring heidi large bowls of Cherry Garcia/Phish Food/flavor of the moment to her TV chair...vaccuum, clear and set tables, set fences for out-of-lesson lessons-lol, pay for 1/2 of all my riding gear [aside from show things], provide hints on the Sunday NY Times crossword puzzles--or whatever the Canadian equivalent might be, I can adjust my spelling to suit the northern tongue--theatre, labour....and well, I'm about heidi's size, so I will share my Armani and Blahniks [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] etc.

I am just special, what can I say? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Well i'll bring her breakfast (ie: whatever the hell she wants at that given moment) in bed, lunch in the back-massaging arm chair I buy her and dinner wherever she pleases, I pay for most of my showing and some of my barn stuff, and since i'm just a tiny bit taller and younger than she is, ill buy her all new clothes/shows/accessories and whatever she wishes since mine won't fit her. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] Actually no...this is to the mom who adopts me. Heidi already had her chance but she blew it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] I'm not good enough apparantly. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Toronto, a city that\'s not won a Stanley Cup in my damned lifetime

Darling Kellybird, it has been my observation that the vertically-challenged cannot wear Armani. Thusly, I have invested in Montana, Romeo Gigli, Issey Miake, and Price Roman, a local T.O. designer. As for Manolos, darling I have a size four foot. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

nobody has a size 4 foot

Except for heidi [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by Erin on Apr. 30, 2001 at 10:51 AM.]

When I arrived at Rolex on Thursday afternoon, I went to the COTH booth in the Trade Fair. No caps. And the Two COTH women staffers there had no idea about any caps, and looked at me strangely when I said "Gofer was supposed to have them," undoubtedly wondering why Tricia's dog should have responsibility for COTH caps. They said in that semi-puzzled, semi-pitying way, "this must have something to do with the web site," and turned to Rob, the publisher. Thankfully, he did know about the caps, so I was not reported to security as a potential nut case.

Sure enough, when I came back an hour later after scouting the trade fair further, the caps were there, $15 each, and I got my green and tan one. So you see, while I already have my cap, you all save money because shipping is included in your $15. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I wore my cap the next day, and Robby Johnson recognized me because of it. So I have the honor (or honour for our Canadian friends) of being the first BBer found by another BBer through wearing the COTH cap. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by Portia on May. 01, 2001 at 01:03 PM.]
    "I don't want to sound like a broken record here, but why is it that a woman will forgive homicidal behavior in a horse, yet be highly critical of a man for leaving the toilet seat up?" Dave Barry

and was there a monogrammer at the trade fair so that you could have your screen-name added? great big letters "PORTIA"
    Nothing says "I love you" like a tractor. (Clydejumper)

The reports states, “Elizabeth reported that she accidently put down this pony, ........, at the show.”

Did you not have an official paparazzi style ETBW there to record the scene to share with us? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

oh ETBW beat me to it

as I recall, Erin promised us pictures long ago

surely Erin is not going back on a promise!

The reports states, “Elizabeth reported that she accidently put down this pony, ........, at the show.”

Original Poster

Hey, go bug Melinda... she not only was able to go to Rolex, but already has her COTH cap! (Of course, if all my beasties weren't puncturing themselves on things and coughing up gobs of stuff, I'd have been there too, but that's a whole 'nother thread...)

Melinda had to drive back from Ky., but maybe she managed to snap some good pix. If nothing else, I'll get Gofer to take some photos of the hats so everyone can see what they ordered. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

well - long ago = 4 days ago

seems like a long time though

thanks E

We Want Pictures!
    We Want Pictures!!!!!!!

Would you buy a horse sight unseen? Those of us who willingly bought these caps, would like to know what to expect in the mail.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Original Poster

Hey, we have your credit card numbers... you can beg all you want, we're already on the way to the bank! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Just kidding... will see what can be done about pictures. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Hey Erin:

Any news for the poor northern neighbours? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    \"If you are going through hell, keep going.\" ~Churchill~

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Hey Erin - don't think you are getting too far on MY credit card - that was the "horse show" one... it lives close to the "danger zone" [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    I drink and I know things. That's what I do.

Original Poster

As soon as Erin finishes her epic on swimming with dolphins (which should have been finished, erm, about 4 hours ago), she will try to track down a hat status report. Patience, please. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

The Southern California freeway system, stuck in an endless commute

OK. So I ordered the first day. I bought sight-unseen, because I TRUST my cyber-friends at COTH.

Which leaves me with just one question:

Have mine been mailed yet? How did you ship them? WHEN AM I GONNA GET MINE???

Oh. So OK. That was THREE questions. Can you tell I'm anxiously awaiting my cap and Katey's?? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]
    Congratulate me! My CANTER cutie is an honor student at Goofball University!