The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Always the "good one" Louise?

I know differently, don't I? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Muahahahahahahahahahahahaha

(oh Heidi, will you cut it with the bribes? I'm sure Maz really needed that orange, raw silk knitted touque with matching thong and sports bra. I mean, as if she could get it on with a broken arm [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] )
    You Strike Me Still

Toronto, a city that\'s not won a Stanley Cup in my damned lifetime

Hmmm, who agreed to send me a certain Hannoverian mare in return for an orange, raw silk knit thong and athletic strap. Could his name possibly have been, oh, let me see, JAIR?!?!?!

How many silk worms toiled harder than Diana Ross's hairdresser to spin the ten bolts of raw silk for the strap alone! Have you no compassion, no mercy, no feeling for the silk worms who laboured endlessly just so that you could be properly supported?

Heidi,

Its obvious to everyone that you have a very intimate knowledge about me. For how else you could know that I required the XXXXXXXXXXL size? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Really, I'd appreciate it if you kept our torrid, erotic and downright exotic affair off the BB.

Alice doens't like you anymore either [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] She wants to go live at ETBW's new barn.
    You Strike Me Still

I just ordered mine, but notice the post had been viewed over 800 times. Oh, well, I'll still love it when it arrives!

Erin is offline Schoolmaster Premium Member
    Original Poster

Nope, we should still have lots left. At last count, there had been about 55 orders. Assuming not everyone was a HAT HOG and didn't order 10 hats, there should still be plenty left. And more hats are coming -- if you place an order, we'll make sure to get you a hat.

Heidi and Jair... don't make me turn a hose on you two. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

you never know, we might like that Erin [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]
    You Strike Me Still

I'm feeling so Sonny and Cher, so Steve and Edie, and a tad Tom and Nicole before the break-up; but mostly, I'm feeling like Fonzie and Pinky Trocadero.

What most distinguishes Jair and I, though, from all of these famed couples is....COTH caps (!!), ordered for us by ETBW who cares most about her friends who live near the 2008 Olympic Games' equestrian venue, but otherwise overlooked by Erin.

Just because I was bright enough to call ahead and place an advance order for one of each for ME and (Hmmm, Mr. Wings or Winglet? - Winglet is annoying but Mr. Wings took it upon himself to incorrectly measure out MADDIE'S FEED! )

Following up with the Mom trick of silencing the pitiful, heart wrenching cries of Heidi and Jair by ordering another two caps on line (you know I was dying to use the "specially made for us by Erin" form).

Please, oh, please, Cap vendors, send me ALL four caps, I daren't disapoint those whose favors I am pandering and will be EXTREMELY unhappy to find myself explaining to Miss Maddie if I fail to appear properly adorned for her next photo opp! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

Well, I figure that since dad gave me the Visa to register for the Chem SAT online, and that registration is taking FOREVER....maybe I'll just mosey on over and buy myself a cap...he did ask if I wanted one [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] Now for the tough fashion decisions...green or khaki?

heidi...if I send you a cap can I come watch the Olympics with ETBW? I promise to entertain the sumo-toddler and clean up the table after meals? I do my own laundry [and others' laundry when asked]? Please? Please please please? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

KBird...reiner-in of the JR Clique. It's a thankless job. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Do you clean tack? Chem SAT? Oh reiner in of the JR clique, Do you have any influence over the Winglet? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

Yes, the extraordinary, kind and motherly Canadian-Patriot-At-Large, Everythingbutwings has come to Heidi and mine's rescue and bought us our COTH hats!

Wings Rules!

(and we didn't even have to bribe her!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] )

A cap for Jair! A cap for Jair and Heidi!! tra la la lalala ... I'm so happy! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    You Strike Me Still

I fell to their combined Canuck guilt trip sorrow. Now Grizzles is looking at me "Can I wear MY cap in the RV this weekend?"

Poor Grizzles, no cap for sweet doggy, no weekend trip in the RV. WHAT? GGRRRR!!!

That can't be my sweet Grizzles! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Better you as babysitter for my precious Sumo than LearningtoLevitateJumpTheMaggotOolaBoola. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Though, let me do some mental math - in 2008, assuming we get the Olympics, Sumo will be 10, hopefully out of diapers, and thus should be a breeze. I will, of course, only reach my 28th birthday that year.

Shall have to buy a new mansion for the occassion with a wing per person; and a washing machine in Kellybird's. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Wings I do hope you drive on down for a visit before 2008, though.

Go straight North, pass Niagara Falls by 60 miles and stop. Toronto is outside the window [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

(One can tell reliably that you are there due to the sparkling clean streets with the flower boxes down the center and the fluffy black squirrels EVERYWHERE)

I do clean tack...very well I might add. I spitshine field boots--even do the tongues under the laces and can get the scurf out of the split between upper and sole...I am quite all-purpose. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] And actually, I have spoken with the Winglet via instant messenger--shall I instruct him as to how to wash his own clothes? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

And unfortunately, yes, the Chem SAT. I'm only in 10th grade--I'm too young to die! This is what I get for taking honors and AP classes. Oh well, some college somewhere had better appreciate what I'm doing. Stanford, Stanford, are you listening?

heidi--might I possibly get a washer and 2 dryers in my wing of the castle...makes everything go sooo much quicker, and well, who likes horse hair in their [mashine washable] toques and/or thongs? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    <and you may want to readjust your math calculations...if you would turn 28 in ten years...well, let's just say you would've had your child before I get my driving permit. Just doing a little too much mental math here. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] >

KBird...reiner-in of the JR Clique. It's a thankless job. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Erin is offline Schoolmaster Premium Member
    Original Poster

Oh yes, now that the order form is safely online, I can share the story of ETBW's deviousness... she's been taking lessons from those tricky Canadians, methinks.

Bright little Ms. ETBW calls up the Chronicle yesterday, and asks for Gofer. Now, the real Gofer is Tricia's JRT, so sweet Theresa the receptionist was rightfully a bit confused. "He's not here today," she replied politely, probably wondering what kook was calling for a dog.

So ETBW proceeded to try to wrest the cap information from Theresa, who, like a good secret agent, was able to feign ignorance and keep the hat info under her hat.

(Okay, in reality, Theresa had no idea what ETBW was talking about... the hats hadn't arrived yet, and she didn't know they existed!)

But being the nice lady that she is, Theresa dutifully took down ETBW's credit card number and shipping information, and promised to send a hat off as soon as they were unpacked.

So, thanks to her quick thinking and investigative skills, Ms. ETBW was the very first orderer of a COTH Cap! For your award, you get... well, a COTH cap. Imagine that. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Oh! And did I mention she tried to bribe Gofer to have her hat sent first, and NOT to the Winglet! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img]

Those Virginians sure are tricky...

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by Erin on Apr. 27, 2001 at 10:42 PM.]

ROTFLMAO! Wingsy, you are my new hero, you crafty thing you! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Thank you for the hat! I will wear it to the Hampton Classic, if I can bum a ride, and a promise of a seat in the shade!
    *Endurance Rider Wannabee!* (But...just passing thru...for now!)
    ~*Peruvian Paso Clique*~

Thank you, Erin! I just ordered my hat! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

http://s1098.photobucket.com/albums/...2011%20Photos/

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]