The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

That is really cool. I don't even remember who Ginger belonged to then - probably one of my mother's student's at Rippowam. Anyway she field boarded with us for a couple of months - I think while they were waiting for a stall to open up at their desired stable. Probably 66 or 67.

But she was REALLY photogenic, and every time I took a camera out to take pictures of MY horse, I would end up taking pictures of Ginger.

She was a bit of a pony brat at that point, and once kicked me in the leg while I was ON my horse (and her rider was on her).

I never knew what happened to her after she left our field- but it wold make sense that she would end up at Scamperdale. Thanks
    Janet

chief feeder and mucker for Music, Spy, Belle and Tiara. Someone else is now feeding and mucking for Chief and Brain (both foxhunting now).

I know I posted this before, but that was on the old board.

My Dad circa 1927 (winning the Horsemanship Class at the Spring Valley Hounds Horse Show)

I am not sure he REALLY wanted to ride! However, he DID ride and foxhunt up until the late 60's!

It's OUT! Linda Allen's 101 Exercises for Jumping co-authored by MOI!!! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...on_biggrin.gif
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dennis~1.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	124.4 KB 
ID:	7233  
    co-author of 101 Jumping Exercises & The Rider's Fitness Program; Soon to come: Dead Ringer - a tale of equine mystery and intrique! Former Moderator!

Janet - this is really bringing back memories. I went to Rip for Kindergarden and then we moved to VA. My dad used to teach at Harvey and we lived in Cross River.

Ginger was my first love! Of course I never had to take care of her - just get on and ride. They always had our ponies on the cross ties saddled and ready for us. At our first lesson we went out to the mounting block and I got on and my instructor started putting the stirrups up. Then she started rolling them and finally went back in for a hole punch since my legs were so short. Ginger was the first pony I ever rode, jumped etc. She was the absolute best in my mind and I continue to have quite fond memories of her. It cracks me up that she was such a brat to work around - typical pony!

http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...s/icon_eek.gif Kodak wan't around when I was young. Cameras weren't around when I did stupid funny things. As a matter of fact I don't think there are any pictures of me.

By the time my first born came along cameras were pretty available.

Actually, I may have a picture somewhere of my riding instructor Roger Vigneau and Pierre Trudeau fooling around in red underwear on Canadian Independence day.

I really love this thread. Terrific photos, everyone.

I love those big, flat bridles, I love the fences that were big, real fences, I love the hunt coats that were real hunt coats with some length instead of the shortie-nightie silly things now. Terrific thread.

Dahling Snowbird -

You are significantly YOUNGER than either of my parents - I would suspect a generation or two younger... (generation being 10 years). So, no excuses!! (That picture of my father was taken before you were born!!)

I am just waiting for my FILMS of horses from the 20's get transferred to DVD or video!! There supposedly is a film of the Essex Hunter Trials circa 1927 or 1930.... Keep your finger crossed!!
    co-author of 101 Jumping Exercises & The Rider's Fitness Program; Soon to come: Dead Ringer - a tale of equine mystery and intrique! Former Moderator!

Lord Helpus -

I went to Teela-Wooket camp in VT, both as a camper and a riding counselor. The picture of Duffy and me was from Woodstock. I also showed Connemaras for my aunt at Woodstock. Duffy was at Teela-Wooket because Captain Mihaly (what a doll he and his wife were) became the Director of Riding at camp. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif

I didn't have to share Duffy with many others because he was really picky! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c.../icon_wink.gif http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...on_biggrin.gif
    \"Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion. It seizes a person whole and, once it has done so, he will have to accept that his life will be radically changed.\" -- Ralph Waldo E