The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

ok come on guys, i go away for a little while and we fall to the third page, what's up with that? And don't tell me that nothing is going on in hickvill, or is it that news travels so fast that everyone has already heard what's going on. Hehehe
    Well i am heading to the barn tomorrow, so i will see what i can dig up [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I am dragging this up, because it is finally starting to melt here and soon you will actually be able to ride out doors!

How are all the hicks doing?
    Did you hear about the roof collapsing at Brindle Ledge [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] ? (of course that isn't its name now, but I forget what it is.)

-The Lex

Hoeny, I dunno where you ar,e but up here, the snow is OVER MY BLOODY HEAD!!!!!

I did hear about the roof...It was litterally MONTHS finished, and it all fell in..ikes.

And this hick is just fine, thank you..!

Bummer, Bec. Here at UNH I can actually see grass (dead grass, but grass!) and back home in Concord it has melted quite a bit too.

I haven't actually ridden a horse in months, and am thinking of postponing until mud/hair season is over!

-The Lex

Color me envious!!!!!!! I can hardly see my first floor of my house!!

LOL- Ponies are VERY fuzzy still!!! Startign to shed though. supposed to be in 50s this week..hopefully will melt LOTS!

There's lots of mud in the paddocks here at UNH (especially in the tiny ones that they put the horses that live out side all the time in). At the beggining of last week, the whole lower part of campus was a lake - I would hate to see what my barn even looks like right now! Our drainage is sooo horrible, the whole place turns into icy then muddy rivers, lakes and oceans! The new owners are planning on doing all kinds of excavation and stuff to fix it.

Becca - I don't know if you have ever been to the shows at EVF, but they are planning on fixing up (completely ripping apart, grading, fixing drainage and re- seeding) that flat paddock below our riduculously narrow ring and making it into the course for the bigger stuff. It actually might turn out quite nicely if they get it done. I will keep you updated and you and your little sis can come to their show to get qualified for NH and ME!

-The Lex

Hey Lex- Hope it works out! That'd be awesome!!

Guess what?? My mom is going to run a show this summer- in (get this!) NH, AND AHSA rated.(and NEHC, etc ect)...ah-ah!! Not just jumper either- full circle!! lol Should be cool. Not promising anything- might not happen. All depends on everything working out!!

OH MY GOD!!! THIS IS THE BIGGEST NEWS TO HIT NH SINCE WE ACTUALLY STARTED OUR OWN MEDAL FINAL!!
    That would be so awesome Becca? Any hints on where she would possibly hold such a show? Your mom will become the object of much envy in NH when she is loved by all for starting such a show (she had better get a food tester LOL!).

-The Lex

I KNOW!! It would be huge!!

2 possible locations...place right near my house..AMAZING peice of land..would be perfect- prob. is man who owns it died- his wife is a royal you know what... man loved horses, would rent it out i na heart beat..old witch might be another story...

You know joe Forest's place? Across the street where he used to own (now the Indoor sports arena, etc) where the big A show used to be milleniums ago? Might be held there..

All depends.

Wouldn't it be awesome though?? Superb...