The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Ok, so if Majestic Meadows is such a drag, does anyone have any suggestions to where we could hold it in the future? Or should we just ask that the grounds be better kept up for a state final, that is suposidly featureing the "best of the best", if that's what you really want to call it. Or should it be who ever has enough money to go to enough shows to qualify. I find it interesting that it is easier to qualify for the equtation finals then it is to qualify for the hunter classic, you would think it would be the other way around.

Lexi- Well, that's mostly true, but you have gotten a lot of response which is what this is all about, and you have definatly got me addicted. Funny how easy it can be. We will see if this affects my grades at all, I might have to disapear for a while. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

NH is just screwy. Maybe we should make it like zones and only have the persons top 15 or twenty shows count?
    The only problem with that would that it would end up being mostly people who do the bigger shows (like Denise's kids) and go do a few Senator Belle shows would end up cleaning up at our finals, which isnt fair to us poor kids on cheap horses who cant afford to do bigger stuff (no offense to becca - I know you do bigger stuff too, but I am sure you see what I am saying). So it is rather complicated if you talk about going and changing things. We just have to face the fact that some people are going to chase points no matter how you change the system!

WE HAVE FIVE PAGES ! TAKE THAT YOU NJ/PA CLIQUERS! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Please tell me its not true!! Condos all over???

I remember the first year they held show jumping ther.." Jumping in the Clouds", it was awesome, i walked right by michael matz ( had a bit of a crush on him then), took about 600 pictures and i think i still have the T-shirt. beautiful place for a horse show.
    ****Indecision may or may not be my problem****

Alex has told me that this is possible [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]
    Attitash was always a big deal, being from NH - kind of an unattainable goal. The summer I was 17 I finally got to go and did the childrens jumpers. I didnt do great (I was scared sh#$less! and those courses are very, very long...) but it was something I didnt think I would ever get to do. It was also more special because of the horse I was riding - she was the horse I moved off of the ponies on, and the best mare ever. She had to be put down last spring after a bad colic, probably caused by a cancerous mass [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]
    I would be so sad if they didnt have it - where else could a kid from the sticks in NH ride past Leslie Howard, McClain Ward and Peter Wylde in the warm up ring? Where else could you be in a low schooling class with Peter Leone and LEGATO jumping around in draw reins? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    I will be severly depressed if this show disapears.

Ya, i mean what do they need more condos for anyway, if anything they need to add another show there, maybe one at the begining of the summer! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I am quite impressed with myself. Two threads that I started are at the top of the list [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    Now only if I took such pride in chemistry labs [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Yes, Attitash is a classic!! They wouldn't dare develope it!!! ARGH!! Its one of the ebst show sin the n.east!

Lexi: thats the one- Siberian Stardust- tres cute!! Cute over fences, but yes, abit supercharged!! And Alison's little sister DOES have an attitude!
    And no offense taken- our finals would be dominated w/ out of staters. The only reason any one not campaigning NH does Senator Belle is for the cheap NEHC pooints anyhow. and i DO think its a joke how its easier for Medals than the short stirrup hunters. Though i have to admit, i scam the hunter philosophy- only b/c about 4 people in NH can jump over 3'. But I don't want it to chqange- I can qualify for my medal in 1 show- who am i to argue?

Ya, i would have to agree that i don't really want to complain about how easy it is to qualify for the medal, because i rode in hunters all year and then decided at the last minute to go for the medal, i am just jelous that i didn't qualify for the hunters. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
    I do think that there would be more and better compatition if it was harder to qualify in the medal though.

I emailed the Pony Farm and got a response. Im so glad to know that my little pony is going great. Boo also said that He is going "great Guns" now, what the heck does that mean?!?

oh well.

just a pointless post.

~~~Nellie~~~

Hey "The Corn," how is Durham? I went to UNH and I miss NH terribly. Maybe I'll finally make it to Homecoming this fall . . .

Inverness- Durhams doing good, as far as a campus goes. AS of right now you could say it's under snow, and it's taking them a long time to dig out. We had classes today, but you couldn't get there without forging through the larg snow drifts.

I am also riding here on campus and that's pretty cool, though we haven't started jumping yet and i am getting tired of riding around in circles. It's great work for both me and the horse, but i haven't jumped since the New Hampshire finals way back in October [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] I think it's similar to cabin fever.

Durham is very snowy! People were shoveling their cars out of 5 foot snowbanks in the Gables parking lot! (In case you couldnt tell Inverness I am a UNH - er too). I drive the campus shuttles and had to deal with roads that still had about a foot of snow on them. Other then that, Durham is boring as usual! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

hey, we are definatly going to break a hundred, and it's only our second day [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Not that I am braging or anything [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I'm the one who started it! Dont go taking the credit there you! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]
    Becca get this - the horse I was planning on doing the adults with might be moving to the dreaded [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] GA's barn. What do you think should I suck it up and go there a little bit so I have a nice pretty 17.3 hand Hanovarian to ride in the adult eq?
    Decisions decisions...

Hey, i was just stating the obvious, and i wasn't taking any credit.

Lexi- That's definatly a hard decision, but i think if it were me i would go with the horse, and try to just stay in the shadows of the barn. Or make the owner bring the horse to Pam's [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

All right I am irratated! Infopop is hiding our thread, just when it was in the lead! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

I think it's just lagging, because every time i post something it kicks me off, and i have to wait a couple of minutes to read any new post. I think there is just too many people on [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Yes Lexi, It's me, my little grey arab and buckskin too!!
    I usually just lurk about but occaionally post if the spirit moves me.
    I'd love to hear from other NH riders but would hate to see this become too much of a gossip channel.
    I must make note that it hasn't rained every year for the NH Finals, just most years.
    Can't wait for spring and I hope to see you at a few shows this year.