The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Jenny Williams (Furnace Brook) is my favorite person in the entire world, I think- she is awesome!! SO SO SO. . . her. And tghe Pony Farm little series is great- Kris Young does a fantastic job.

Lexinator:
    Ohh, the NHHJA rulebook is a joke!! 25% lol. They don't care unless you beat them- too much. I'm impressed- I think I'd drive off a bridge driving a bus! Though, I guess UNH bus is better than some. I had a mental image of you driving 5th graders in big yellow bus, lol!

I love showing at Furnace Brook! It is one of the few shows that is still out in a field, which is fun. I dont know who owned it then, but
    J Williams has it now, and for some reason I was under the impression that it had been in the family? She is very nice, and she and the kids she brings with her are the least snobby bunch around. The turn in there with the trailer is tough though - especially for Pony Farm, who comes during the summer with all the camp kids in the huge JR Hudson 18 wheeler! Who owned Pony Farm back then anyway? I am too young to know it as anything else.
    Sprite, they now have several shows (NH Equine Humane and Weare Lion's Club benefit) at the New Boston show grounds - I like going because you can swim in the stream afterwards! I have great pictures of my pony there.

Hey Becca do you ever do the White Oak shows? My 'favorite' horse show memory this year was there, trying to coach two of our short stirrup kids who were having steering issues in their tiny little baby ring. Also, if you do go, let me warn you that the far end of their indoor is a killer! I have been cantering quietly around a corner to suddenly find me and my horse lying on our sides! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Jenny's mom owned Furnace Brook before her, i believe. Jenny taught me a lot sat her little pony club shows in my youth! (God, I'm only 17! in my youth..whats wrong with me?)

her kids are wonderful. Alison Enegeus is a great kid- all very sweet and some good riders!! jenny is great about getting you on a pony!

Never shown White Oak-I was warned to NOT go there- we heeded thewarning, and didn't go. Anything like the ledge at Finals? lol- do we not GROOM our rings??

No, of course not, taking care of the footing would be wayyy too easy! At WOF, its more liek the footing suddenly slips out from underneath you and BAM! on the ground. At least thats the warm up ring, not the show ring. The ring you show in isn't bad at all.
    Aren't you so jealous of some of the horses Jenny finds? She got Sambucca for FREE from some lady's field (I think its just a free lease type thing, but still). Do you know where Toto is? He is such a gorgeous stud and throws babies that are carbon copies of him.

ok, ok, here i am. I don't really know what i am doing here, i don't have that much to gossip about, but Lexi insited that i come on. I think she is just trying to get me into trouble, hehe. OH well, i will see what i can dig up [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Ha! I got Alex to come! He will soon be an unproductive addict like me! Its mostly me and Becca here, who mostly does bigger shows but one of her ponies is the one that had that bad fall in one of the classics (sorry becca I just figured that would be the easiest ID of you).

Ya, White Oak can be some fun times. Or stressful ones rather. The last time i went there I didn't even place and my horse was spazing out. The only up side to going there is it's right down the road from me, and i don't have to sit in the truck for two hours at 5am on a saturday morning. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Hmm, i don't think i remember the pony falling, maybe it's just my memory going, but i don't really remember much about he final, except i had a good round, a bad round and it was really cold and muddy, though it wasn't as cold as past years.

I think we should hold them a week or two earlier and maybe hope for better weather.

You are already addicted Alex I knew it!

Hey, that's not fair, I had to catch up on a whole day of you guys talking.......but maybe [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Lexi- LOL- I forgive you. I still think that pony is a saint. Could have killed my sister, but made a huge and obvious effort to NOT hit her. Good pony!! In the pony Medal btw- couldn't have missed all the ambulances!! And Jenny got Sam at a Funeral!! She saw him in the woman's field, and boldy asked lol. I am buying Sam as soon as she is willing to sell him- i am in LOVE!

Alex- I think we should hold them a week or 2 earlier so we don't have to fight with the damned Columbus day weekend people!! NO PLACE to stay!!

And be prepared- addiction comes VERY easily!!

Oh god I have been in love with Sam forever! And also love that grey large pony - I can't remember his name right now, but he is an absolute saint and so cute!
    I wish that I had had a chance to do pony club and just be crazy and gallop around like the kids at FB!
    Becca I keep thinking that I should know you for some other reason, I dont know why. The name keeps sounding more and more familiar.

The grey Pony...too much. Kid has a bit of an attitude. Comes up to me at one show "Oh, is that your pony?" (motioning to the curly) "yes.." "Oh, I beat you last time!" I was like THANKS needed reminding! lol

Love her little medium...forget the name.
    Yes, jennys PC kids are a riot. I loved every pony club event at her place (and sisters-= Betsy moody)

hmm..wodner how you'd know me.. Pam Payson ring a bell?? My mom- everyone seems to know her, lol!

Ahhh... I believe that the aformentioned bratty kid was allisons little sister? 'spunky' that one is! Are you talking about her medium little bay that goes five million miles an hour and jumps anything? He is a riot! Jenny is related to everyone! If I were Mae I would have been sending her to find horses for me! (not that she didnt get a decent horse with kenny, who I am assuming gretchen found- i know that she did the pre greens with him back in the day).

Pony Farm was always owned by the same people (Boo's family). " back in the day" LOL, Pony Farm was the name of the summer camp only, and the regular lesson series in the spring and fall, and the eventing clinics and stuff, were held under the auspices of Sign of the Dove, which was also the name of the retreat center (the camp lodge for those of you familiar with the place). When Boo and her former husband got divorced the camp eventually bought out Sign of the Dove after several years and now the whole thing is Pony Farm.

LOL Kris Young and I were in lessons together when we were teenagers...she is great, and a great horsewoman.

Their new indoor looks fantastic, its a long way from my memories of hacking thru snow in the middle of winter and lessons on the outside course in the rain...
    ****Indecision may or may not be my problem****

kris is so nice! I miss seeing Ella around - when they finally found a horse that she was doing really well with (Spencer, the huge white guy, who once dragged me across a field at GMHA) she went off to college! Doesn't Boo's brother still own some of the surrounding land, and isn't there some tension between them about the use? Boo is always so nice to everyone. Last year before our medal finals, a girl from my barn (who went to camp there) had a horse that ended up having colic surgery. Boo let her free lease ChiChi (one of her larges) for a couple months to do the pony medal with instead! How sweet was that?

Lex, im going to email you since some of this probably shouldnt be publicly discussed, LOL.
    ****Indecision may or may not be my problem****

ok, i know that i am kinda behind the times, but does anyone know if Attitash is no more, or if they will have it again this year. Because i have never been and since it's the only really show that we have i would really like to attend.

Wow, i am impressed almost five pages in the first trip out, nice job, NH/ME!! WE may be small, but we have a lot to talk about [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Its mostly just me on my boring snow day. So I'm a loser, big deal! Hey, I always have a lot to say, its not my fault!