The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Steve-

yep, your 100% correct. Michelle does take over training Allison's students. Allison is really nice, I went to UNH to help michelle and cathy and allison. Pilot was a handful on the ground but the minute allison got on him with the shadbelly and top hat and beige britches, he knew what was coming, That was before Morven Park Horse Trials. Hopefully he will end up doing Bromont in Canada this year!

Steve- no school today either?! its really yucky outside today.

I remember going to a show or two at Sign of the DOve! I think the Greater Mancester show was held there! The Rye Lions show in Rye used to be a nice little show that was run most like a hunter jumper show. Most shows in the eighties (in NH ) had Western classes, saddleseat classes and even some gymkhana stuff! My favorite shows were held at the Deerfield fair grounds. I owned a quarter horse so even though there weren't many classes at those shows for hunters they had quarter horse hunter classes, open and youth! My customers laugh when I tell them about riding at the fairs and my little foray into saddleseat when I was fifteen! I must say it was pretty fun!

Do you go to boarding school in Mass.? Do you come up here on the weekends? Geez, so many questions!

well, enough for now.

~~~Nellie~~~

We have three pages, we have three pages....
    I am feeling pretty good about myself now!
    This is the fun thing about NH - gossip is easy because everyone knows everyone else!

Second Chance- I go to Dana Hall, in Wellesley Mass. I come home most weekends- gotta be able to see MY babies!!!

Lex- lol, its VERY easy to gossip in NH- but also very dangerous, lol- Because everyone knows everyone!

Oh god no kidding.
    I have the worlds largest mouth. I am known as the good sport type, because I dont complain about a lot of stuff, but I love to gossip! I have come very close to getting myself in trouble, and have to work hard to preserve my good girl reputation [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    Here's a good one for ya - I didnt go to our banquet this year, but apparently a certain officer we have issues with was dancing on a table [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]
    Maybe I will see you this summer, but I dont know - I am already half way qualified for the adult medal, and I might do one or two more shows and get qualified. I need to recruit my friend alex for our clique - he is here at UNH too (oh lucky us).

lexinator- Do you go to Dartmouth?

just wondering.

~~~Nellie~~~

No - unfourtunatly my slacking finally bit me in the ass, as my father always warned (sigh [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] ). So I am here at the good ol' Universty of No Holidays. I dont think I'll be here for all 4 years though - probably going out west, preferably someplace smaller. Here's a tip that they dont tell you - college is just like high school but you live with the f!$*&@#'s! (well you already know about the living with them part becca!)

lex- The reason We didn't go to the banquet was b/c we refused to pay 50$ a plate to eat bad chicken with said officer! lol We'll def. need to keep in touch so we can see if we'll be at the same shows this summer at all- too much fun. Definately pull Alex in! lol
    hey- Do you know Bekka Cullen, or Robby Ragazzo? (From UNH)

And oh YES do I know about lviing with them, lolol!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

I didnt go becuase I forgot about it! I usually go just because it is a chance to dress up, and most years I manage to get at least some award (shockingly enough I was one of the few people who could write coherently enough to get their scholarship). This year I was at a condo at Attitash - oohhh, tough choice, stay in condo at the Seasons and go skiing or trek down to Manchvegas on sunday to watch everyone complain about everyone else!
    Depending on where I am riding we might see each other at a couple of shows. I am thinking of going up to Cornerstone in Belmont for some lessons, and also going down with the daughter of the current owners of EVF (you probably know of her, she judges around NE) to Cornerstone in Haverille MA for some lessons together.

[This message was edited by lexinator on Mar. 06, 2001 at 03:30 PM.]

LOl- I forgot to write the scholarship- oops... lol NEXT YEAR! We did fairly well over all- Melissa Barden (sweetest woman in the world!) Mailed us our stuff, so we didn't miss out [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] Yes- I can hardly blame you for chosing skiing over Manchvegas- just not the party! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Did you do the Horsemanship Classic at Finals this year? Sadly I didn't- it was SUCH A joke!! I never thought I would see so many pathetic horsemanship answers!!!

I know! I wanted to do it, but since my trainer was paying for the whole shabang she didnt sign me up for it - hell that was the only class I had a chance in! When I heard the scores were so low I was seriously disgusted. Mellissa is the sweetest woman in the world and so are her parents! I once horse sat her place a couple years ago with Kelly (her main student who has kind of disapeared) and had so much fun. Her place isnt fancy but her horses are all so sweet. She used to give Maggie Macalary lessons back when the kids went to camp at Honey Lane( which is now that crazy Neats equestrian center place).

OOHH I just remembered something else!! Apparently by finals time, I heard certain "higher ups" had basically accused Mellissa of cheating on points! I just got wind of it at the finals, but Mellissa wouldn't tell me exactly what happened. Hmmmm...

which would explain why there is now a "co-points secretary" That suprises me- but god, really, nothing would surprise me around here anymore.

No lol, her farm isn't much, but its clean and safe, and her shows are cute (thought the judging leaves just about EVERYTHING to be desired!!)

The Horsemanship was a joke!! I heard that the winning scores were in the 50%s.. SO sad- I could have won it! god,lol, I was RAISED on horsemanship!! And I guess the practicum was even sadder.. pathetic!

The person who won it got in the 70's I think? (and if she is an amature I should still be able to do short stirrup, but thats a whole other story). The best score on the written part was only one wrong, but she didnt have a great medal trip and proceeded to pout and almost cry when she didnt win (which surprised me because she was never like that - maybe it was just a bad day).
    BTW can you tell I am being a loser on my snowday and sitting obsessing over this thread I have created? I am quite proud of it. Its also a good distraction from english papers ( I am currently writing one about my life as a bus driver- can you imagine getting on a bus and seeing some little girl who looks about fifteen, and whos legs dangle off the seat is driving your bus [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ?)

Ok I am alright with associating with the VT clique, but I just cant let them get ahead of us. Come on people stop doing productive things like school work and start posting! I know you people are out there, stop lurking and gossip with us!
    And who is sabotaging our rating? Did the Canadian clique get jealous?

70s..50s.. lol same dif!!

Ooh- crying over loss. I'l ladmit- I have sobbed. But more b/c my horse was totally out of wack, and we had a month where he was just not being himself adn i could NOT figure him out! And yes- I cried! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

But not over losing in finals.. The fact is, if she didn't win b/c her medal round wasn't good enough, she didn't win!! Oh god- shamateurs..have we got about 89 of them or so??

Ooh- your life as a bus driver how thrilling!
    The one occupation I do not think I could HANDLE!!!!

And I'm just chilling on my snow day (Second in a row!!!) already did MY homework! lol

I have also cried - my small pony dumped me at the third fince in the pony medal , our last show together . I think I hid in the tackroom and cried for a good two hours!
    Yes I am indeed a bus driver - I am now an expert at driving around UNH in circles. Hey what can I say it was the best paying work study job, and they payed me to get my CDL-A!
    See the lovely thing is that NHH&JA rule book does not go along with AHSA on many things, one of them being that our amature rule is still the outdated "25% of your income" rule. Hell I'm not gonna complain - if I can teach some baby lessons and still do ammy's I'll do it! As long as you dont win all the time (which trust me, I wont!) no one cares what rules you are breaking! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by lexinator on Mar. 06, 2001 at 05:27 PM.]

Do you think this will go with purple braiding yarn and hoof glitter?

Lexinator...ok now, this was back in 1979!!! when i started riding there, LOL..the trainer was Linda Evans, her daughter Lisa did some teaching too. I rode this 11.3 hand welsh called Bonnet. Rode lots and lots of ponies there!! And then when we got big enough my friends and I would fight over which of the "big" horses we wanted to ride there, LOL.

Sign of the Dove...had a big show every may at New Boston. We used to ship all the lesson horses out there for the day and show them, it was a lot of fun (for us, dont know about the horses!). Now it is Pony Farm, they dont hold that big show anymore but have a series of shows on their own property in the spring/summer that are a blast.

Has anyone shown at Furnace Brook Farm? I was a working student one summer and showed there- wound up with a champion, a reserve, and beat my trainer [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Great day!!
    ****Indecision may or may not be my problem****