The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

heres a pic of the pony I'm talking about

another one

ah, they can build houses on the field of Attitash, the one where they hold the Equine Fesitvle? If so, no they can not!!!!! Thats the only big thing that happens in this little old state. The only thing interesting... I met Mclain Ward there and his horse and his mother!!!! Mclain won the day I was there too! I met Margie Goldstein- Engle there and Beezie madden. Good memories there... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] we cant let it happen

Ya I know, but I hear that they are doing it (buliding condos on the GP ring)!
    here is an attatchment of the Cow - she was the one at Stonegate when you were, and the one that took me to Attitash (in the Childrens)

Lexinator:
    Lol- Politocal central!! Lol- our judging is so inbred, its sick!!! My mom has considered getting on the committee to resurrect it- but decided we just couldn't bear to be involved w/ said president. SOME of gretchens kids can ride. Some have 1/2way decent horses, and campaign them into oblivion (1 in a Mil. . . ) The judging was VERY odd this yr. Though better than I've seen at a lot of the shows. I agreed with most of the top pinnings. But it was a bit sketchy at some points- and I didn't watch it all. I doubt I train w/ who you think I do : ) Debbie wesoja? Good friend of my moms, very sweet woman- VERY VERY hard worker. But I actually train with my mom in NH And thanks re: the Curly- he is a wonderful little trooper!!!! What yr. At UNH are you?? I have tons of friends up there!! (ok, call me random- were you at the Ms. Kearsarge pageant?)
    Isn't Echo Valley being sold? No fun. . .
    AND I will NOT allow condos to go into attitash. Not allowed!!

Second Chance: We know Matt well- isn't he awesome?! Has worked wonders on many of our horses feet too. Hes my hero, lol! I know Michelle from pony Club My mom was the MKPC D.C. before Cathy was! I'm at Cathy's a lot- I always help out w/ the show at the end of P.C. Camp- my mom judges for Cathy. I'll show NHHJA this year, but we do the New England Circuit too, so we basically qualify for NH medal, and hunter finals depending on things, and then we do our other points.

Anyway- Go NH clique!! Tres impressive!! Lol we'll have to have a party sometime- whats the big central hang out? Steeplegate? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Yes it is getting sold - that is part of the uproar! And dont get me started about a certain judge with a saint bernard and unruly child. She tends to like to 'spread the ribbons around' [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] Also onced kicked one of our horses out for being 'too lame to continue' - said horse was not lame, just has an admitedly funny moving left hind, but also has clean xrays and vet report. If it wasnt a little funny she would probably haved stayed a schooly at Grazing Fields, instead of ending up a nice packer up in NH! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] I was sooo angry - if she wants to tell us our horse is lame and not to show that day, fine. But if she is going to kick out one lame horse, she ahd better kick them all out (which would completely eliminate some farms [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] )

My judging story- One judge pins lame pony in pleasure class. The lame pony (bad mover and none too cute to boot). The judge buys that pony right after the class. We weren't sure whether to be pissed (Our pony was 2nd to the lame thing!) or feel sorry for the fool who bought a lame pony.

and in this same class a child fell off of her 'pleasure pony' the judge stopped the class, had kid get back on, and proceeded to pin said child 3rd. Hrmpshg.dg. (my feelings..)

There is also a blind woman who judges the friendship Field shows (Sorry, think this is an echo valley horse- triple thirteen, or something similiar?) i was showing the Jr hunter in CT in the jrs and medal. Lost all 3 jr classes- to echo valley horses- one of whom (won all 3) could not jump, and TWISTED- it was sickening to see the pinnings. And I had taken refuge from the heat sand ditched my coat. Cost me (self promotion here [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] best medal trip- it was essentially perfect) to pin 5th. Its outrageous and ridiculous. You win when the judge is your trainers sister, etc.

And yes- lameness would completely eliminate some farms- they don't get that showing on 97 grams of bute is illegal...

I must admit - that horse who now twists was my old Jr horse! He is a really good guy, and a great 2'6" horse (I scored in the 80's at our finals in the hunters on him under a 'real' AHSA judge), but... I did juniors with him around here and did ok (but they never put them above 2'9" [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ). You probably saw him with the girl who rode him this yeah (she was shopping for a fancy new horse and her packer was lame). I love Gilly to death, but she and Marcus, well, not a match. He is far from scopey too, so it was probably very very scary. He got pounded showing this summer though, and his hocks look like hell - not the same horse I rode at all. As for Triple, that was the one that got excused. She is a little weird, but is the safest, easiest sanest thing around. I Love both of those horses to death, but feel your pain!

As far as judgeing goes, I dont really see the trainers sister type thing, just bad judging. Plus the same judges judge all summer, so they know everyone and all of the horses. Go figure [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by lexinator on Mar. 05, 2001 at 10:59 PM.]

[This message was edited by Dry Clean Only on Apr. 26, 2001 at 09:33 AM.]

my next peeve w/ NH- POUNDING. If janelle langon takes that poor sweet horse in every class one more time shes going to find her too small green jacket tieing her legs together.

Sorry to have commented on your horses! And I'm sure they ARE sweet and wonderful, but a perfect example of what pounding will create [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Ok even Gretchen is mad at Janelle for the amount of showing! Esp. since that barn has started to venture out to bigger shows.

is somebody with the last name Foote part of hunters? Just wondering, she has 2 horses for sale I believe doing pre-greens(not sure) and could do childrens.

just wondering.

sorry had to edit the first name

[This message was edited by second chance on Mar. 06, 2001 at 10:37 AM.]

ANyone from MAINE? Can you tell me anything about the BIG (or so it looks) Equestrian Center in Litchfield that is for sale? Thanks!
    co-author of 101 Jumping Exercises & The Rider's Fitness Program; Soon to come: Dead Ringer - a tale of equine mystery and intrique! Former Moderator!

sorry weatherford, don't know how to describe them.

Becca- did you know Matt went to Ocala last week?!? he went and competed in the USET reining down there. I might have a chance to ride one of his horses to see if I want to take lessons from him to aide in turning for jumpers when Sandy gets old enough.

Hi, I'm originally from Hampton Falls,NH and now live in CT. I rode at Green Acres Stables in the early nineties under the grip of David B. It was a lot of fun and learning, and some craziness! We had nice horses and we got to go to Florida every Winter! A big bonus when you have grown up with NH winters! Does anyone know what Green Acres is like now? It was kind of a cool barn, but needed some major $$ put into it and it would be a shame to let it rundown. I don't miss showing in NH really. It was a great place to get started but everyone should spread their wings.

Lex- Glad she has enough sense to be mad at her- the poor horse is so sweet and honest!! I would have turned around and bit the kid by now!! I've seen Gretchen's kids at some of the bigger masss stuff, but never Janelle- is she doing it, or just NH?

Second Chance- I didn't know he had headed down! I'm at boarding school, so I haven't had a chance to talk to him since around November. And yes- said woman does show in NH- I saw her sale ad at Cathy's

RAF- Green Field or Green Acres?? I know a Green Field!

And you def. need to spread beyond NH. I started out in CT, so then moved up here, so it was never my "domain" to start with, but its def. fun to do as an "aside." I'd love to be able to escape to Florida for the winters! But alas, that evil school calls- mom and dad don't seem to want to let that slide.

Michele's best friend Allison rents stalls at my barn in the winter, and when allison is a way i think Michelle train's for Allison, right nellie?

Steve

[This message was edited by Steve on Apr. 10, 2001 at 07:45 PM.]
    Steve

Second Chance - I think I know what Foote you are thinking of. She is one of the nicest people in NH - she did the A stuff as a junior, then worked for Pony Farm, the Gretchen, but now has her own place. She is very quiet and I love the way she trains - never harsh or abrupt, very quiet. If you are looking for a horse definately go see what she has (heck I can probably tell you about the horse!)
    RF- someone did finally fix up green acres. I think that they repaired the 2 story barn part so no horses would go falling through! I know someone who bought a horse from Boley when he was at green acres - possibly around 95/95? A bay TB gelding who turned into kind of a pycho. Also, after Beth had a 'parting of ways' with Boley, she stayed at my barn for a while. Green Acres now has several different trainers leasing space and individual boarders. It looked pretty good last time I saw it.
    Weatherford- I dont know about places for sale in Litchfield, sorry. But I can tell you all about the ME medal finals, held in NH for the second year in a row [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by lexinator on Mar. 06, 2001 at 12:47 PM.]

In the NH/ME clique!!!

I grew up in NH and used to ride at Twin Gate Farm in Londonderry before switching to Pony Farm (waaay back when it was still Sign of the Dove!!) where i rode for years and years- coming back in sept for the big pony farm reunion [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    ****Indecision may or may not be my problem****

Thats awesome! Who was training at Twin Gate then? I have only been around long enough to know Sandy C being there. Pony Farm bulit an indoor finally - I hear its pretty nice! Pony Farm was my first show, doing the first season of showing walk/trots (ahh, those were the days). [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]