The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

someone please please please tell me the name of the chestnut aragorn rode in the two towers! I looks exactly like my boy (who just happens to need a show name [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] ).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SquishTheBunny:
    someone please please please tell me the name of the chestnut aragorn rode in the two towers! I looks exactly like my boy (who just happens to need a show name [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] ).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

his movie name is Hasufel [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

-Kris
    -Kristen

By the way, for those that missed the special, 'The Return to Middle Earth' will reair on Sunday December 29 at 9 PM on the WB [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

-Kris
    -Kristen

Looks like Cody has a new show name! LOL. Lemme attatch a pic and tell me they are not eerily similar.

Deep space - corner of no and where (aka Texas)

I went and saw this with my husband last night. Only a few problems, one being the length of the flick. Having an 8 and 3 week old fetus lying on my bladder made it necessary to leave a few times, which was frustrating.
    Also, hubby and I both thought the ending was a little weak.
    I did notice the neck rope on Shadowfax, and yes, I cried when he first appeared. Such a stunning boy! I also noticed Gandalf gripping a pommel hidden under his robes a couple of times.
    I loved the full out gallops, though. And the Riders of Rohan were just plain COOL! Anyone else notice that Eomer's helmet's nose brace was a horse's head? I loved the banners, too - I want one! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    I will definitely buy it on DVD when it comes out. And how cool is it that Viggo bought Brego? That's so great! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

"We can talk...or not talk...for hours, and still find things to not talk about!"

Book: If you take advantage of her, you\'re going to burn in a very special level of Hell, a level they reserve for child molesters and people who talk at the theater. Firefly

I saw it with Britney last night, and lets just say that we were both completely glued to the screen. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I loff Shadowfax [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    I loff Aragorn and his horse [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    I loff Orlando Bloom [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    I loff the entire thing. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

If you lose yourself, your courage soon will follow. So be strong tonight, remember who you are... (Bryan Adams, "Sound the Bugle")
    \"Horses change lives. They give our young people confidence and self esteem, they provide peace and tranquility to troubled souls, they give us hope.\"
    - T. Robinson

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SupaGoo:
    By the way, for those that missed the special, 'The Return to Middle Earth' will reair on Sunday December 29 at 9 PM on the WB [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

-Kris<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Definately going to have to tape that [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ...

If you lose yourself, your courage soon will follow. So be strong tonight, remember who you are... (Bryan Adams, "Sound the Bugle")
    \"Horses change lives. They give our young people confidence and self esteem, they provide peace and tranquility to troubled souls, they give us hope.\"
    - T. Robinson

My teenage daughter loffs LEGOLAS whil eI think Aragorn is amjor I mean major Hottie!! WOW when they galloped out across the bridge (?)the horses were tooo much and yes when the horse nuzzled ARAGORN so sweet!I want to see it again !
    Brilyntrip

Easily 9 times in its entirety, as well as 75% of it (counting in my head now) 15 or 20 times, I STILL get all stupid when Shadowfax comes galloping up the hill. I'm a fool, but dang it that horse looks and moves like my SuperToga. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I've seen it so many times now I'm to the point of finding all of the problems in it, and the more I see them, the more they irk me. Granted, I'm no huge LOTR fan (though I do love me some Legolas - have the poster of him on my wall and everything) so excuse the butchering of names, but if you go see it again, look for:

When Aragorn is recounting the night's events at the Burning Pile of Dead Things, it flashes back to Merry (Pippin?) screaming as he's about to be squished - his hands are untied, then bound in the next scene. Also, throughout this whole part - who else gets a Princess Bride flashback? (I am SUCH a loser.)

The horse who makes out with Aragorn on the beach has two black front feet, then, once he sees the approaching army on the hill, the horse magically gains a front sock. And, his halter goes from having a lead, to a lead tied on the front rings, to some weird bit tied onto the halter itself. Even so, I love the part on the beach - I like to pretend that SuperToga would come save me like that (which he wouldn't, but a girl can dream.. speaking of dreaming.. mmm.. elves...).

When the three are surrounded by the banished riders, and the blond man is telling them about the Orc-B-Que, I love that one horse makes a nasty shark face to the horse next to him. Later, when Aragorn is kneeling down in front of the Steaming Pile of Orc, look at Legolas in the background. It's a lot funnier if you imagine the on set directions - "Look sad.. " then, he looks up and around like he's seeing if he's done yet, and goes right back to "Keep looking sad."

I've already seen this movie way to many times, but it keeps entertaining me, so hey, what's another dozen or so viewings? I always have to stop and watch the horse parts, esp. when they come galloping down the hill with Shadowfax in front, and jump into the light. Ah.. good movie.. My Tolkien loving brother hated it, but I thought it was nice. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

(and now, before the die-hard LOTR fans beat down my door to punish me for my wrongs, I will stop butchering both the names and the storylines and return to my normally vapid existance [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] )

On Saratoga: Bet you didn't know dressage horses like to eat little grey jumpers..
    \"A redhead and an appaloosa mare... heaven help us should one of you get mad...\"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Delighted:
    Easily 9 times in its entirety, as well as 75% of it (counting in my head now) 15 or 20 times, I STILL get all stupid when Shadowfax comes galloping up the hill. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Holy cow, 9 times already?? Where do you get the time and the money? LOL. I've seen it twice already...will probably see it at least another 2 times in the coming months.

-Kris
    -Kristen

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Everyone laughed at me - I got all teary when the horse woke Aragorn up! It was so sweet!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I totally teared up too! Have no shame in that, it was so sweeeeeeeet! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

I was drooling over Shadowfax. Andalusians are my dream horses... *sigh*

I used to think the world was against me. Now I know better...some of the smaller countries are neutral.
    SA Ferrana Moniet
    Not goodbye--just waiting at the end of the trail.
    My bloggity blog: Hobby Horse: Adventures of the Perpetual Newbie

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SupaGoo:
    Holy cow, 9 times already?? Where do you get the time and the money? LOL. I've seen it twice already...will probably see it at least another 2 times in the coming months.

-Kris<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL!! I went to see it once, of my own free will, on the Tuesday before it came out (an employee sneak preview). Then, I went into the next showing and saw the last hour or two again. I run the projectors at a movie theater, and we have an 11pm showing of it, so there's nothing left to do but sit upstairs and watch LOTR over.. and over.. and over.. I've seen that and Two Weeks Notice more than any sane person should, now.. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

But, sadly enough, a friend and I are going to go see it again next weekend.. We're totally insane [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

On Saratoga: Bet you didn't know dressage horses like to eat little grey jumpers..
    \"A redhead and an appaloosa mare... heaven help us should one of you get mad...\"

Hubby works part time at local theatre!It is just soo good and well you all know how I feel about VIGGO!So how does one become a horse wrangler in these movies ?
    Brilyntrip

And am officially smitten with all things Middle Earth. I read the books so long ago that I've forgotten nearly everything - the movies have rekindled my desire to go read them again. I'm going to agree with those who've mentioned that the horse scenes are visually stunning - Shadowfax cantering up the hill made me sob like an infant, and the cavalry, led by Gandalf and Shadowfax, charging into the orc melee nearly made me wet myself. I've never seen a movie that made every hair on my body stand up so darned often.

I think that Gimli is hilarious, and I just wanted to squeeze the adorable Merry and Pippin to my bosom. I didn't pick up on much sexiness between Frodo and Sam (who is the sweetest, truest man-servant ever), but I did see a few lingering gazes and almost-spooning action that hinted in that direction [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]. Aragorn just smolders, but I must say I am among the hordes desperately lusting after Legolas. This is interesting, because while I think that Orlando Bloom is cute enough, it's his elf self I find absolutely delicious - what is it about that quiet, enigmatic, graceful, slender, arrow-shooting blondness that is so darned HOT?

I'm rooting for a Men of Middle Earth Calendar or something. With a limit, that is - I have no desire to see Gimli or Gandalf in mesh briefs [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img].

But for now, I'm off to sleep.

Cheers,
    Susie
    http://www.kachoom.com

"That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!" ~Homer Simpson
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!" ~Homer Simpson

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kachoo:
    I'm rooting for a Men of Middle Earth Calendar or something. With a limit, that is - I have no desire to see Gimli or Gandalf in mesh briefs [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img].
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I second that... mmm..... Aragorn and Boromir and Legolas in skivvies or on nice horses...

It was kind of funny, I was thinking of picking up a movie poster yesterday while I was shopping, and so I looked in the bins. All the poster bins were CHOCK full EXCEPT for the one of Legolas, which was totally sold out. LOL.

**and people say gov't employees are useless... HA!**
    "smile a lot can let us ride happy,it is good thing"

My CANTER blog.

Ive got 2 (possibly 3) more dates set up to see the movie. Im obsessed. Which is kind of strange because I never saw the first one in theatre (BAD ME!) My friend had to sit me down, bind my hands and legs together and stuff my face with pizza to get me to watch the first one. However, it didnt take long (oh...5, maybe 6 minutes) before I demanded she untie me and let me glue myself to her TV screen.

And thanks to SupaGoo, my 3 year old baby green hunter now has a show name!!! "HASUFEL" (He's the gorgeous chestnut Aragorn rode, who just happens to look identical to my boy). My best friends horse is "Rivendell" (named before the movie came out) Are we not the worlds biggest geeks?

Just because as we were coming home yesterday from our 3rd viewing, I said I wanted to be an elf - so I could do that cool vault onto the horse.

And, I'm already planning on having my next sword (we are stage fighters in a theatre combat troupe) based on Theoden's sword - with the horse heads on the hilt. How cool is that?

We've already got a "date" for the next viewing. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Oh - Delighted, Pippin's hands are still tied when he's screaming, look at the way he's holding them. I thought the same thing you did, but finally saw the rope on this, our THIRD viewing.

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

They probably made them by hand. In the FOTR DVD the director said that he wanted ALL the "things" in the movie to be made by hand for the movie. That includes, for example, every cup and plate at Bilbo's birthday, every sword and piece of armor, etc. He didn't want anyone to ever look at a prop and think "hey I can get that at Target!"

So, the bridles were probably designed and made by a crack team of leather workers at WETA Workshop, Wellington, NZ.

Proud Member: Bull-snap Haters Clique, Michigan Clique, and Appaloosa Clique!
    Proud Member: Bull-snap Haters Clique, Michigan Clique, and Appaloosa Clique!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I'm rooting for a Men of Middle Earth Calendar or something.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    The other day, Mr. Cloud accused me of wanting to "do" the whole Fellowship. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] I admit that I think most of them are hot and the ones that aren't hot in the conventional sense are pretty darn cute.

Add me to the hordes who love Viggo and Orlando. I am also especially fond of Elijah Wood, Dominic Monaghan (Merry) and Billy Boyd (Pippin...his accent makes me melt!!). Even though Ian McKellen is probably old enough to be my grandfather, I think he's really sexy. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] The actor who plays Gimli is actually a large man. I think he's somewhere around 5'10" and he's very thick-framed and solid. You'd never know it by watching Gimli in the movies!

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!"
    \"So shines a good deed in a weary world\" - Willy Wonka

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by artienallie:
    And, I'm already planning on having my next sword (we are stage fighters in a theatre combat troupe) based on Theoden's sword - with the horse heads on the hilt. How cool is that?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In my last minute christmas shopping yesterday I almost bought a replica of Aragorn's sword at the Chesapeake Knife Company. It was really cool. LOL

**and people say gov't employees are useless... HA!**
    "smile a lot can let us ride happy,it is good thing"

My CANTER blog.