The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default sport horse nation

question...i paid for and sent them email with info and pics. aol confirms it as sent. it is still not posted. i then emailed them a couple of times to ask if their was a problem with the pixs or not receiving my ad....no response.

i paid via pay pay. is there any way to contact thier media llc besides just the email which doesn't seem to get a response

Default got a response

they said they post it in the order of payment received. i would think pay pay is immediate. then they said they post two ads a day. yikes. so what if they get 20 ads or more at a time. i paid a week ago. so can i expect it to be posted in two weeks? i love this site but i am not interested in hanging on to a sales horse for more time simply because the posting of an ad is so delayed?

so...where do you all like to look and post for horses

i am famililar with all the other sights...curious to know where you head to first when looking for a new prospect.

It should only take them a couple of days to get your ad posted. I recently placed and ad with them, and I think it went up about three days after I paid for it.

I think it's kind of nice that they let everyone have the top ad spot for a little while by just posting two a day.
    Jonah 4:4: And the Lord said, "Do you do well to be angry?"

College football season is HERE!!!

I thought they were fairly quick as well, maybe four or five days. Not really that long in the whole scheme of selling horses.

I bought a horse off sport horse nation and when I was selling one got a lot of interest through it though the horse did sell in a different way.

I believe it took mine close to a week last summer. I sent mine in at a VERY busy time. They even said on FB or somewhere to be VERY patient.

Quote Originally Posted by cllane1 View Post
    I think it's kind of nice that they let everyone have the top ad spot for a little while by just posting two a day.
    I think that it would be better to just post as quickly as possible...as most buyers do searchers...not just scroll through all the listings. That said...I thought they do a "spot light" to highlight some listings. I do think that is one of the better places to list a horse.

As for buying a prospect. I typically just call people who I know who often have nice prospects. I don't think I've bought a horse who was listed in an ad in over 10 years. I think a lot depends on what sort of horse a buyer is looking for. Most of the prospects that I've looked for in the past are green beans...those are much easier to find.
    Last edited by bornfreenowexpensive; May. 21, 2012 at 05:00 PM.
    ** The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits. -- Albert Einstein **

yes, they post them as they receive them. So if it a really busy time, it could actually be a week or more, or it could be slow and take a day or two. I think it's totally worth it for the (non-tirekicker) interest those ads generate. Did you email Leslie? She's always been really responsive to my emails and gotten back right away....

Hey wookie, it's John. Someone just sent me a link to this thread. I just wanted to let you know that we will look into this situation immediately and get back with an explanation. Can you please forward the original email you sent to john@eventingnation.com so we can look into the issue. I apologize for the inconvenience and you will get an answer from us shortly. Best regards, John

I just love them, you get so much AD space and use of your photo's and you-tube for 1 flat price. They reach such a huge amount of actively looking customers searching for a Sports horse.

Couldn't say enough nice things about their service.

Hello All! I am Leslie, the moderator at Sport Horse Nation. We have resolved the situation with Julie's ad and hate that she had trouble communicating with us. As awesome as technology is, sometimes it doesn't always work as well as we expect it to.

That being said, Julie's mare is BEAUTIFUL with such a sweet, intelligent eye. I encourage anyone looking for a new horse or just want to see a lovely gal, check her out at http://eventingnation.com/sporthorse...-movement.html. She is very affordable, too!

I can assure you that we make every effort to respond to all questions and concerns from our customers in a timely manner. I love seeing all the beautiful horses for sale (and a little wishful thinking) and getting to know more excellent eventers in our community. If ever the classifieds@eventingnation.com email does not seem to be responding, try me at leslie.enation@gmail.com.

EVENTfully yours,
    Leslie and the SHN Team.
    www.sporthorsenation.com
    For eventers, by eventers!

Default they are the equivalent of smart pak with customer service

p

Default they are the equivalent of smart pak with customer service

as both leslie and john said they have been quick to respond. don't know if my emails were blocked by my work place. they have pretty restrictive firewalls or if they are in an email black void....however. once i sent a message today (from home) , they were very responsive and the ad is up and already two emails have been sent from interested parties.

i think this is pretty impressive all the way around.

one of my favorite companies to do business with is smartpak. they are fabulous when it comes to service in a world where many could take a lesson. but watch out smart pak because sporthorse nation/eventing nation is neck and neck.

the reason i chose to advertise on this website vs the other options is i believe they reach a very serious buyers market. i scroll through their site at least 3 times a wk (if not more). the sellers are legit and the horses are shown very well.

didn't mean to make it sound like i was dumping on them at all. i just didnt' know what to expect and am curious about where people go to look for future prospects.