The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I'm 5'6" ish and my George is 16'2 but he's got some major barrel! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

~Christina~
    "I don't patronize bunny rabbits!" -Heathers
    *Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool.*

I'm 5'3" and my horse is 5.2 - 5.3

*kate*

I'm about 5'5", and Tristan is just a hair under 16.3hh. He seems to get bigger every day. At five year old, I HOPE he's stopped going up, but he just keeps adding muscle. I always wanted a 16.1hh TB type...now I have a 16.3hh tank of a warmblood! Oh, well. I think we look fine together, and he feels great. He's not really a "heavy" horse to ride.
    "Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle." ~Mal, Firefly

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Your trainer says your horse is 14.4??? I hope that's a typo...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not a typo. His idea of a joke. It is sort of a running joke at the barn. I like to daydream that she is 16 hands (NOT) and he likes to tease me and tell me she is 14.4.
    \"The credit belongs to those people who are actually in the arena...who know the great enthusiasms, the great devotions to a worthy cause; who at best, know the triumph of high achievement; and who, at worst, fail while daring greatly, so that their

I'm 5'1"...Jimi is 15.1 Do the math &&&&& Jimi and I are the same Height!!! Isn't that too cool?!?! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I thought it was [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

He's fat though, so My leg is taken up a little more than I'd like, but still, he's a perfect match.

We also have the same color hair! (the red that is [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] )

~*~ Melissa & Sherwin Williams~*~
    ~*~ Melissa & Sherwin Williams~*~
    :::Proud Members of the H/J Paint Clique:::

I am 5'4", and both my horses are about 16.1hh. However, I have a long torso, so we look just right together [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I'm 5'10" (most of which is skinny leg) and my hanoverian is 17.2hh (most of which is also long skinny leg). We are a good match. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I am 5'3" and she is 16.3hh!!! it is funny........here is a pic! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

I am 5'0" and ride a deep girthed 14.3 Morgan. He is the perfect size for me, I think. (By the way, he THINKS he is 16 hands easy...)
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." ~ Jack Layton

I don't know how tall I am and I don't know how tall Tyke is. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] We're both under 16hh for sure, though!

5'4 and 16'1

~*$*~CATHERINE~*$*~
    "Love is when your horsey cuddles with you even after you left him alone all day."
    WE LOVE JOHN BARKER!
    Catherine
    Rider and owner of the wonderful *Halo Effect*

http://community.webshots.com/user/wildcatty

You know that place with the nude beaches? Not there.

and last I checked Wings was around 15.3 to 16hh...... last I checked.... a long time ago....

JoHn (WiNgLeT)

ah, f%@# it, who wants pie?
    -Dennis Miller

Look at my ultra cool site!
    www.geocities.com/winglet18
    Driven insane in the carpool lane...

I'm 5'8" and my horse is 15.2

I am 4'11 and 1/2 and my pony is about 14.1 and 1/2 hands tall. we are a good match but at the moment she is filling out so she is kind of on the skinny side.

I'm 5'10" and my horse is 16.2h. I'm mostly legs and pretty lanky so I feel most comfortable on horses 16.1 and up. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

i'm like, 5'5 and my horses are 15.1hh, 16.1hh, and 30 inches!

~*Lindsay*~
    Lindsay

Check out my blog at http://lindsayberreth.com

I'm about 5'5", my daughter is about 5'7", and our horse is 16h. He's not skinny though.
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... timey wimey... stuff.

The Great White North, where we get taxed out the wazoo

My ClydeXTB Elephant Boy aka Genuine Draft is 17.3 1/2 and The Evil White Witch aka Gracious Me is 15.2 1/2. I am just about 5'7" with very short legs. My theory when buying the big guy is that his but will ALWAYS look wider than mine. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Jumpthemoon: that's a great pic of you and chaz!

My mare is 15.1hh and i am 16hh (5'4"). I have ridden a horse that's 16.2 and looked okay. Rode a 17.1hh horse...was very different dismounting that one...break out the climbing gear!

I'm 4'10'' and my Large Junior is 16.2, I can still do the small ponies size wise though.

~Lauren~
    Most only aspire to fly, but I am more fortuneate than most, for I fly without wings.
    ~Lauren~
    Most only aspire to fly, but I am more fortuneate than most, for I fly without wings.