The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I live in Chantilly, VA but I ride in Anytown, USA

I went to the little roadside country store near my barn and hunted down a little flag. There were only two and there was so much build up of dust on it that I had to wave it really hard to get it off and then wipe it on my shirt.

It now has a respectful place in the back window of my car.

It was $.99 well spent.

"If you have the time, spend it. If you have a hand, lend it. If you have the money, give it. If you have a heart, share it." by me

Ohio: Charter Member - COTH Hockey Clique & COTH Buffy Clique

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Some Middle Easterner had the nerve to drive onto a jobsite where my fiance was pouring concrete... he was driving an ice cream truck and had an American Flag in his window... WITH THE CIRCLE/SLASH SYMBOL THROUGH IT!!! Dwayne said the next thing he saw was sledge hammers going through the side of the truck. The guy finally escaped but a few blocks down his truck had been rolled over. How can anyone be so retarded? Did he really think that people would buy anything from him? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have to agree with Janet. While what this guy did wreeks of stupidity, what happened to him is inexcusable. Part of our freedom and what makes this country great is that we can say what we like as long as it doesn't harm anyone. That's what this guy was doing. In order to have those freedoms, it must include the freedom for the person (idiot though he may be) to protest all that which many of us would give our lives to defend. ALL freedoms must be protected because as soon as one is taken away, others will surely follow.

I do agree that I can't understand why people stay in America if they clearly hate it and Americans. I too wish they would leave (as I stated in another thread)... but it is my right to say that and to wish that just as it is theirs to say as they please. Makes for an interesting country, eh?

If Dressage is a Symphony... Eventing is Rock & Roll!
    "Of course it's hard. It's supposed to be hard. It's the Hard that makes it great."

"Get up... Get out... Get Drunk. Repeat as needed." -- Spike