The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

What is that one piece of clothing you can't stand? That one thing you just wish would go away?

For me, it would have to be the Seafoam Green jackets. I don't show on the big curcuit, so I really don't know how popular these really are, but truthfully, I just don't like 'em. No offense to any Seafoam-Green-jacket-owners!

What is that one piece of clothing you can't stand? That one thing you just wish would go away?

For me, it would have to be the Seafoam Green jackets. I don't show on the big curcuit, so I really don't know how popular these really are, but truthfully, I just don't like 'em. No offense to any Seafoam-Green-jacket-owners!

Anything Langshaw says I need or should have. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I don't like the look of them in hunter classes. It's the cream color of the wool against the white fleece saddle pad.

My next least favorite is children on ponies with tall boots.

Giganticus bows on little children. Bows are cute, and I love the matched look but please!

Strangest: Rider wearing brown jacket with a solid medium brown shirt with barely visible brown monogram, taupe TS and brown hunt cap with her deep tan skin tone, brown hair and brown eyes. The rider also carried a brown bat. Her horse was solid brown with no markings, wearing conservative brown tack. They looked like a walking chocolate bar. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

I also hate the salmon colored shirts and light tan jackets. Especially on the little pony riders; on the adults it looks okay.

**Erin**
    Horseback Riding: The Sport Of Kings. Bring Your Wallet.

The heart and soul of Silicon Valley/Valley of the Heart\'s Delight....Sunnyvale, CA

Children on ponies with tall boots and shadbellies!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
    In Honor of dublin aka Dee Dee 07/24/53-02/07/03
    ~~~~~
    \"Of course, that\'s just my opinion. I could be wrong.\" - Dennis Miller
    *Go Bruins - Go Niners*

Brown helmets, brown tall boots, rust breeches.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My adventures as a working rider

theworkingrider.blogspot.com

Must agree with spaz on the seafoam green huntcoats. Just don't like 'em at all.

I love the look of tall boots on pony riders, even medium and small, IF and only if they have a nice secure leg, good position and are an effective rider. Smalls and SS should wear paddock boots.

I don't think there is a fashion trend I don't like right now. I'm not too fond of black jackets in the hunters, but it all depends on the person.

Ohhh and brown tall boots and rust breeches. AHHHH the horror of being so ugly!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] I love brown helmets though if they are naturally brown!

I agree with the tall boots on small riders.. also black coats, kimberwicks (it is actually a fashion trend for QH hunters) sleeveless shirts, short sleeved shirts, rust breeches, show bows... hmm rubber boots... I think that's it

- Kahlua -
    pix

You see kahlua, i didn't even consider show bows, rubber boots, and sleevless shirts fashion trends, just fashion horrors!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My adventures as a working rider

theworkingrider.blogspot.com

Gotta be the puke green TS or any other brand in that color. Seafoam green coats? Not my cup of tea either. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

"There is no horse alive that I can't fall off of."
    -- Inverness

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

OK, I confess I really do not like faux animal prints... on people clothes, horse clothes, belts, shoes, earings, belly button rings, toenail polish, you name it...

Couldn't care less if someone else wears it, you just won't find it on my person or my horse [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.

Why would such an ugly color be so popular!?!?

United States..Jr. Clique...the moon..where the weather is always perfect:)

I love Beval Pads [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I just talked my mom into getting me one while I was in Atlanta.
    ~EM

DMK, I got a catalog this week with animal print halters and fuzzies. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

If I'd wanted my horse to have stripes, I would have gotten a zebra.
    'Computers are useless. They can only give you answers.'
    - Pablo Picasso

Brown helmets really bother me. Maybe I should say "artificially made" brown helmets. Putting a helmet outside on a fence post 24/7 and misting it with lemon juice to get it to fade just seems like cheating to me. For a helmet to be brown you have to earn it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Just for you DMK, I'm going to wear my chaps with the zebra yoke and the matching zebra sports bra to Culpeper. My big 'ole leopard print earings and ballcap should help complete the picture.

THEN, . . . I'm going to tell everyone within earshot that you are my friend. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

"There is no horse alive that I can't fall off of."
    -- Inverness

...are a must for large pony kids (unless they are really tiny) and for kids who look older that ride mediums, HOWEVER..IMO, if you are old/tall enough for tall boots you shouldn't be riding a small pony!

Jenise
    Jenise