The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The way you describe him sounds just like my mare when I got her at 5. Nothing done. Have had to restart her a couple of times. I think she has worse conformation although at 7, she is starting to balance out. I have the same issues as you and am learning with her and making slow, but steady progress. Same aim as you too

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...3&l=8d8372a0eb <that's her at 5

They do have a similar top line (or had, I should say!)...that is good, it gives me hope!
    Luna's Equine Designs - Custom stall signs and more! http://www.lunasequinedesigns.com

very nice horse, you should be able to do lots of things with him in the future.

My advice would be to get him into sidereins asap, lunging and get on his back walk, trot, canter and leg yielding as soon as possible. He is behind the curve in the MENTAL adjustment needed to do more than trail ride and loaf around

ps- I do not think the conformation is akward, so much as the training..

Quote Originally Posted by mbm View Post
    eta i would also find a very good couch who can show you the correct way to train so that he is willing and happy boy
    Yes, a good couch and some dressage books, that's how most of us learn anyways....LOL! I know you meant "coach" mbm, but I couldn't resist!

I think he's adorable! No, not the strongest hindquarter confo but definitely a lovely neck and shoulder. Just enjoy him for what he can offer you which may surprise you--he looks like a sweetheart!!