The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast

Everyone watching? He looks just like his daddy! And sounds like him too.

F44 - Once a nerd, always a nerd.

Everyone watching? He looks just like his daddy! And sounds like him too.

F44 - Once a nerd, always a nerd.

Is he sending in DMK's Peeps?

Ride it Like You Stole It...
    The witchy witch witch of south central NC.

I just wish someone would tell him there's an "r" at the end of "terror." I keep wondering what in the world a "terra" is. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

But a good speech so far, otherwise...

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

LOL - Is he saying that there will be no terra in 'merca?

I confess, I have to wait for the written transcript when he speaks - something about that man's voice that makes my spine crawl away!
    Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.

And enjoying the fact I'm here to appreciate it. My Mom from Mass. would've left off the 'r' and this gentleman from Texas is doing the same. Considering that 'terra' is earth, not a problem!

I'm sorry - No, I won't apologize. I think he was great. So there. I had to pause a minute to say this.
    \"Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion. It seizes a person whole and, once it has done so, he will have to accept that his life will be radically changed.\" -- Ralph Waldo E

A place with too many horses, and too little time!

I agree, Duffy. He can drop the 'r' from terror all he wants, I care more about what he said than how he said it.

S2N

"What am I lying here
    for?...We are lying here as
    though we had a chance of
    enjoying a quiet time...am I
    waiting until I become a
    little older?"
    *ASN*

The Southern California freeway system, stuck in an endless commute

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Erin:
    I just wish someone would tell him there's an "r" at the end of "terror." I keep wondering what in the world a "terra" is. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL, Erin! I kept thinking, "Tara? As in, 'Gone With the Wind'? Terre? As in, Terre Haute?"

But I have to say ... that was an excellent speech; kudos to the speechwriter. And he rose to the occasion. Very, very good.

****Bulletin Board Goddess****
    Congratulate me! My CANTER cutie is an honor student at Goofball University!

Hey, I'm not arguing... it was a very good speech. It just took me a while to figure out that terra = terror. Once I got that figured out, it was smooth sailing. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Seriously, I did like the speech a lot. Very good.

The fam and I were watching just now, and boy oh boy, I got goosebumps! When Bush issued the ultimatum to the Taliban, when he spoke about the state of the Union, when he mentioned the badge of the police officer that he now carries around with him . . . What a great speech. As a sidenote, my mom mentioned that British Prime Minister Tony Blair reminds her a little of Kevin Costner [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img].

Cheers,
    Susie
    http://www.kachoom.com

"Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can." ~Elsa Maxwell
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!" ~Homer Simpson

Oh Erin, we're going to have to take you on a road trip through the deep south and Texas!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I have always understood what Dubya and Jimmy Carter were saying! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

SLW

Not unlike the announcers at stock car races who keep talking about the big brown Shitty. (Which means the big brown Chevy, if you take away the accent.)

I didn't hear the speech, sadly, but I will look for the transcript tomorrow. You GO George!!

Don't make fun of Texans. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

http://user.boardnation.com/ythejuniorsclique/board.cgi
    Junior Clique!

I'm not! I'm not!!

I've got my New Yawwwwwk accent! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I was impressed by what he said. Even the left twistin liberal press gave him kudos. To campare him to FDR when you're in the press is hutspha.

He didn't threaten, he promised and he laid out his terms of engagement plain and simple. This has created the worst nightmare for all terrorists, a strong single purpose America, that's not so busy fighting with each other that they don't notice what the terrorists are doing. Finally, our guys don't have their hands tied behaind their back just taking punches.

I've known lots of folks with different accents and I really find it offensive to have the only criticism his speach patterns. Look at it this way to him our New York accent is almost unintelligible. I don't think he looked at all like a copy of his Daddy. And, you know what if you had a job and the closest person who would understand, and had experience was your Daddy so what?

His father had the unfortunate quality of talking in abstractions that people didn't undestand. Now Bubba on the other hand was fabulous with the four word four letter synopsis of an idea, so it could become a mantra.

Oh for crying out loud...

IS ANYONE LISTENING?? I SAID IT WAS A GOOD SPEECH!

I am not "worried" about how he says it. Annoyed, yes, but not worried.

BTW, as someone cursed with a Midwestern accent (which makes most people think my name is "Ann" when I introduce myself), who spent four years going to school with people from New Yawk and Lawn-Guy-Lind, I have a very good appreciation of accents... I quite enjoy different accents, actually.

Yeesh... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

As I have said three times now, I thought it was a very good speech. Got goosebumps during the "the state of our union is strong" part.

Yes, yes!! Erin and others, tell me MORE about what was said.

You GO George Bush!!

Elizabeth, I'll bet CNN or MSNBC will have a transcript by now...

Found the transcript:

http://www.cnn.com/2001/US/09/20/gen.bush.transcript/

Oh, yeah, and in case I forgot to say it earlier. . . . YOU GO GEORGE BUSH!!!