The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Gorgeous Companion/Lead Line pony in NJ

To a forever home, serious inquiries only please as it breaks my heart that she must move again.

Nine years old, 14hh STUNNING haflinger pony. Blond double mane. Great grandfather was a world champion (Afghan II).

Lame and may never be rideable more than a lead line.

Up to date, ties, great with trailering and farrier. Prefers to be out and better for her (will stock up if stalled for extended periods).

As a foal her back leg became wrapped in barbed wire. She has always since had scar tissue/proud flesh. She foaled last year and unfortunately was kept for too long a small paddock, because she wasn't moving much she stiffened up and the scar tissue was allowed to build around the old injury- she will now drag that toe at the trot. No ongoing treatment, if anything it will be time and turnout with other horses, movement to help her stretch out and loosen up.

Please PM with any questions or for more information.

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/...in/stella8.jpg

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/...bin/stella.jpg

Default companion/leadline

I see you do not have a proper home as yet. I wish I lived closer so we could maybe take her. But this time of year is really busy. Maybe something could be worked out.

Rehomed. Sadly, the home we found two weeks ago and thought was perfect turned out not to be so. I saw her yesterday for the first time since she had left... Her leg was worse, come to find out she had been undersaddle with adults to evaluate for the lesson program- something I had been assured she wasn't going to be a part of and there had been numerous discussions about her being sound for a child lead line ONLY.

Thankfully she is now home and happy in NY, being loved on NY two little girls. Perfect.