The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Anything will do but I think we need to send some cheer around here. Of course with this it's not to try and forget about the wonderful horses who we have lost or who are injured but just to brighten the day a little.

Nothing negative on here, no crying allowed and no pity parties!!

Everyone who view this thread please add on something wonderful involving your horse. It could be a wonderful lesson you had, a wonderful moment or the fact that your horse didn't bite you during the grooming session [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

~ Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once ~
    ~ they tease you cause they like you ~

Anything will do but I think we need to send some cheer around here. Of course with this it's not to try and forget about the wonderful horses who we have lost or who are injured but just to brighten the day a little.

Nothing negative on here, no crying allowed and no pity parties!!

Everyone who view this thread please add on something wonderful involving your horse. It could be a wonderful lesson you had, a wonderful moment or the fact that your horse didn't bite you during the grooming session [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Well, tomorrow morning we go pick up my new trailer. It is my first trailer and I am excited about this.

Also, Canasta is now over 320 days pregnant so we are in the safe zone!!

I've been sniffling here at work.

Tin, you've seen this picture on the porch, but It makes me smile everytime I look at it, so I'll share.

This is a picture of Ozzy my three year old at FPP last Sunday. Fairweather and I went for a little schooling and between "watching" the AQHA show that was going on and sweating like whores in church (which we normally reserve for Sundays [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] ) We had a fabulous time.

I've had Ozzy since he was 3 days old and this has been the LONGEST 3 years of my life! I'm SOOOO in love [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] I just think he looks so Fricking cute in this pic...(please ignore the slumping, sweating blob sitting on him... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] )

-- Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
    ------------------------------
    Life Goes On

I get to spend all day tomorrow grooming my darling baby horse, Perry. And on Sunday I get to go watch my jr. rider leasee in her first show on Lego!!!! I'm just thrilled that they are getting along and having so much fun!

Baby horse has arrived and I already have a vet bill for stitches....
    Can you stress-fracture your brain?

My trainer's out of town at Copper Meadows, so my friend Laura did my jumping lesson. She's really great at reminding me to keep my chest up and my leg on, so we had some great rounds. I remembered why Prozac Pony is such a great horse for me: Last-minute swerve towards fence because I forgot the course - "Jump it, please!" - "Okay..."

He's such a good boy.

I love my horse, and he's now happy as a clam in his retirement!

sorry, thats the last time i'll post these pics, its just that they're the only ones i have up here in dc.

Phew! thanks guys, I thought I'd have to start my own thread off. And yes I will shamelessly bump this up if it drags [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Here's mine:

I rode my horse for the first time all season (I've been riding my sister's horse, she's been riding mine). Words can't describe how it felt to ride my horse again [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I really think I have my new horsie! I also picked out a very pretty new Edgewood for said horse [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] The little mare has been very good! It's been a good week!

*Belen*
    If riding were all bright lights, big arenas and blue ribbons, I would have quit a long time ago."
    -George Morris

*Visit My Page*

I have no happy news to add (believe me, the vet visit yesterday does not fit in with the mood of this thread... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]) but I do have a happy pic. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Building on a good lesson last Sunday. Pony got the day off today. It's such fun to see consistent work pay off in correct progress!

I'm going to enjoy the small things these days.
    "One person's cowboy is another person's blooming idiot" -- katarine

Spay and neuter. Please.

I brought my kitties home from the barn this week and one is already using the litter box like a champ! The other kitty is an "outside of the box" kind of guy; how progressive!

My horse, whom I've only had since last October, really seems to loff me (in the words of Willem). She will whinny when I get out of my car, and comes trotting when I call her name. She will tolerate me playing "beauty parlor" with her until she looks smashing. She seems most content when she rests her chin on my shoulder so I can scratch her face, and I don't even mind the resulting drool all over my shirt. She's added so much to my life [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img].

The Panchen Lama of DQs! (Second only to Velvet, the undisputed Dalai Lama of DQs.)

I'm picking up my filly, April, from the trainer's barn on Monday night! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I'm very excited as we purchased her and her full brother when she was 1 1/2 yrs. old and he was 2 1/2.

We spent a lot of time doing ground work with them as they had spent their lives in a HUGE field with their Mom and many other horses, then started them under saddle late last summer-early fall. Just walking and getting used to the saddle.

The trainer has spent a few weeks riding them and getting them responsive to the bit and legs and April is now ready to come home and spend a year of light riding, mostly on trails.

Her brother, Shadow, will be staying with the trainer for about another month as he is not as responsive (read "smart", LOL) as April, but is also coming along very well.

Mr. SBH and I are are THRILLED. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    www.sandbarequinetransport.com

Proud member of the ILMD[FN]HP and Bull Snap Haters Cliques

My good news comes from bad news. Pirate's leg is doing simply smashing! Someone came up to my trainer yesterday at the show and said..."My I thought that was Pirate you were on." He answered back, "He's doing good, but not that good!" Yeah! I wanna drive to see him today but I have to finish packing for Canada. Working student-dom here I come.

Rebecca
    http://www.bluffparkfarm.com
    http://www.angelfire.com/darkside/smited/index.html

Unfortunate Member of the Stall-Rested Thoroughbred Clique

"Mama says,'Don't use a toaster while standing in the shower.'"
    Seig Heil Polo Shirt!

After 18 months of owning this mare, she is actually starting to ask for scratches and cuddles!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

When I got her she wouldn't tolerate them. Then she ignored them. Then she got to liking them, but never asked for them.

Now she's finally asking me for something other than food! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

"I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific." -- Lily Tomlin

Took my horse to his (and mine) first ever "A" show. It was fantastic. We had a tremedous time competing and met some great fellow BB'ers. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] This show was going to definately be a barometer of our progress and I realized that we have what it takes and that all of our hard work is paying off. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Thanks for letting me share something great.
    Proud Member of the Opinionated Redhead Club! RIP my dear Avery ~3/21/1995-9/21/2011~

Extreme Cat!!! 2006 OTTB
    Magic Cat - Final Demand

Phyllis is doing much better and will likely be released from the Vet Center on Monday. I have found a lovely rehab facility for her!

"What lamp has destiny to guide her little children stumbling in the dark?"

[This message was edited by MargaretF on Jun. 14, 2002 at 04:58 PM.]

bad news - my yellowdog has cancer

REALLY GOOD NEWS is the vet says she will be fine [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Horse related positive, the barn I work for had a great show at Culpeper, and the new foals are doing great! Non horse related positive, three of my good friends graduated from HS on Wed., and are going off to college!

Promise's allergies, which were so bad a week or so ago that the vet was afraid she had contracted pnemonia(sp), have improved to the point where she is hardly coughing at all.

---------------------------
    "We are what we repeatedly do.
    Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.
    Aristotle
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.