The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Just curious what people think about animal communicators - fact or fiction??

Any good stories if you tried it???

Just curious what people think about animal communicators - fact or fiction??

Any good stories if you tried it???

I've tried it and wasn't impressed. Others at my barn used the same person and swore she was communicating w/their animals. I don't know though...I was not very interactive and did not really give any feedback and I wonder if that is what they use to "communicate". But my friends swear she came up with things that there is no way she could have known. However, I am a total skeptic.

visit www.victorianfarms.com

Ohio: Charter Member - COTH Hockey Clique & COTH Buffy Clique

I used one last fall and thought she was great. I was (or tried to be) VERY careful in the feedback that I gave, but there were some things that I *know* there is no way the lady could know, like that I lean forward too far in my dressage work, that Char refused at a trakehner at the 3-day last year, that she fusses with her head when irritated, that my dogs toenails were long, and that I think my dressage instructor is cute (she said that Char knew that and was trying to make me look good). [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

If Dressage is a Symphony... Eventing is Rock & Roll!!!

"All's well that ends with cute E.R. doctors, I always say." -- Buffy
    "Of course it's hard. It's supposed to be hard. It's the Hard that makes it great."

"Get up... Get out... Get Drunk. Repeat as needed." -- Spike

One Topic

Another interesting topic regarding religion

I couldn't tell you; never seen the show or had one done.

*EMMA*

thanks Emma, I'll check out that thread too - guess I wasn't the only one who was curious!

I did the animal communicator thing just for amusement, I didn't believe in it AT ALL and I have to say, she came up with some specifics that I couldn't explain. I told her nothing to start with, just my horse's name. She actually told me (among other things) that Flower worried about her 'two' mothers, and that she was taken away from a bad man; a dirty place where she was always hungry... Flower was rescued, almost starved to death, at the age of 2 from a dirt field - she was owned by a man who was prosecuted and served time for the abuse. Her dam and grand-dam nursed all of their foals interchangably - they were also rescued and had two foals and we never could figure out which foal belonged to which mare... Flower's two mothers. I know which is Flower's dam by bloodtyping.

I understand how a person could say very general things that could fit almost anyone and get by, but how many horses have "two mothers"?? I haven't had any other animal communicators 'talk' to my animals though, and still don't know if I totally believe it. Strange though...

~Arkie clique~

"Do, or do not, there is no try." -- Yoda

I believe that while there are many con men out there willing to take a sucker's $$$$$, there are also legitimate communicators. I know of one who only asked the horse's name, height, and color and then came up with things that there were phenominal and true. And my brothers call me a real skeptic.

I would not base any "life" decisions on what one says because even a psychic back home that I know for a fact the police consulted, said that she was only correct about 80 per cent of the time. But she told me the initials of someone who would become very important to me and since those were the initials of my father and brother I thought that they were who she meant but later I married a man with those initials. She told me that I would have another son (when I had no intention of having one) and that he would keep me so busy that my head would spin. She said that she saw that son doing something in life where his hands would play a large part. And all of his trainers have remarked about how soft his hands are plus he was offered a scholorship as a soccor goalie. My DH often remarks how right on she was about that one. She knew without prompting how many children that I had. And I could go on and on.

and was totally impressed. She DID come up with stuff there is just no way she could have known- now, whether these communicators feed off of us, or the actual horses I'm not sure, but there's some communicating no matter what it is. The freakiest thing, I think, was the week before my new farrier had come, and he asked me what his name was and I said "Cherokee". Well he heard " chucky" and started calling him that, and Chuck.The AC told me ( a week later.) that Kee thought his name should be Chuck and that he just loved it...! And she got his personality totally-dead on. Also he told me I should listen to my trainer more- LOL which is totally true oh and last but not least she found a lost cat for us- came back a day later after having been missing for a month.

"We came, we rode, we conquered."
    *Member of the TB Clique, Young Trainers clique and the Disguntled College Student Clique.*
    \"We came, we rode, we conquered.\"
    *Member of the TB Clique, Young Trainers clique and the Disgruntled College Student Clique.*

what a bunch of marks

yes they can read the animals body language just as you can, the rest is watching your body language as they try out answers. like the wonder horse counting, they get the right answer. they may be totally sincere and not even know how they do it. but they do it for $ !!!!!!!

[This message was edited by armandh on Aug. 18, 2002 at 06:49 AM.]
    more hay, less grain

My inner, horse-crazy 12-year old would love to believe it.

If it is for real, I'd probably be afraid to know what my mare's really thinking. Despite her ladylike appearance, she probably has the vocabulary of a trucker.
    Card-Carrying Member o\' the Mac Clique

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by armandh:
    what a bunch of marks

yes they can read the animals body language just as you can, the rest is watching your body language as they try out answers. like the wonder horse counting, they get the right answer. they may be totally sincere and not even know how they do it. but they do it for $ !!!!!!!

[This message was edited by armandh on Aug. 18, 2002 at 06:49 AM.]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm... interesting perspective on the body language thing. However, mine was done over the phone. Any other thoughts... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

"Of course it's hard. It's supposed to be hard. It's the Hard that makes it great."

who did you use and what were the rates?

I think I'm finally getting brave enough to learn what really goes on in Charlie's head. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

-Amanda

As soon as you're born you start dying, so you might as well have a good time -Cake

if someone who didn't know the horse or you did it over the phone from a list of the horses charistics and then recorded the answers for later verification I might give it credence

what was it a 900 number?
    more hay, less grain

I did mine over the phone, so I don't know about this body language theory... and a lot of communicators do it for free or very little- there ARE some out there who are pretty expensive though.

"We came, we rode, we conquered."
    *Member of the TB Clique, Young Trainers clique and the Disguntled College Student Clique.*
    \"We came, we rode, we conquered.\"
    *Member of the TB Clique, Young Trainers clique and the Disgruntled College Student Clique.*

armandh

I asked your horse, and he thinks you are right.

Really, if I were a horse, I don't think I would know/care how the rider is supposed sit in dressage, or have the slightest idea what a Trakhener was.

Animal Communicators...all I can say is wow!

About 75% of what that lady told me was DEAD on (the rest was iffy, you know, weird things like, what his favorite color is that can't really be verfied...)

If you click here you can here everything the psychic said about my pony and what I had to say about it...

It was pretty uncanny...we had my pony read in the middle of August and she was saying that he need a new blanket because his old one was just awful...Blankets had long since been stored, and Dale's blanket was in incredibly bad shape...It was starting to not even resemble a blanket, more of just a big brown ugly mass of cloth.

-----------------------------
    >AQHA Clique<>Do It Yourself Clique<>Children's Jumper Clique<

MsRid ... the lady's name is Deb McGilvary (I think that's how you spell it). I'll check my files tomorrow from work and let you know for sure. The cost was $45 and that covered more than one animal.

armandh... sorry to burst your bubble. No 900 number. It was long distance and I had to pay for that. I was skeptic going in as I have seen a lot of charlitans (sp?), but this lady was too accurate. No, Char doesn't know a "trakhener", but she did describe a "fallen down tree with a ditch under it". Char knows I tip forward because that's when she said she hollows (which she does). She also said she was very tired at the 3-day and that the course kept going on and on and on. We had missed some conditioning runs, so that made sense. The only thing I told the lady was that her name was Char, she was a bay TB mare, 15 years old and had a small star and is stabled at Wright-Patt AFB. I wrote everything down she said, but can't seem to find it at the moment. I will say there are more little tidbits that she said that there was no way she could know without knowing the horse... which isn't possible since I believe the lady lives in Massachusettes and we aren't "famous" or anything.

Mine was over the phone too, and like I said, I told her NOTHING before she started, in fact, I didn't even confirm or deny any facts, when she was done, I said thanks and we hung up. If she is talented enough to read my body language over the phone, then I didn't pay her enough! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

~Arkie clique~

"Do, or do not, there is no try." -- Yoda

Tried two. One was basically a fraud. The other wound up being a regular part of my horse care for a while. She's fablulous! Anyone who can find an abscess in the hoof of a horse who isn't lame from a distance of several hundred miles BY PHONE certainly knows something I don't know! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

If you're interested in the name/number/details, email me. I don't want to tie up the board with lengthy posts.

**If you're lucky enough to own a horse, you're lucky enough.**
    **If you're lucky enough to own a horse, you're lucky enough.**

**author of It's a Horse's Life!**