The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    where the East meets the West, and the North meets the South!!

I was recently at an "A" show for 3 weeks, and the Golf cart people were renting them out for $52.50 a day!!!!Unbelievable!!!

I did however see, oh what's her name, the actress who plays the Psych in The Saprano's, she leased one.

I think they were around $300/week at Indio. Very expensive...but not too bad when split among a few people.

The Southern California freeway system, stuck in an endless commute

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pony Rock:
    I see things like the YSOD pix and I wonder why I post here... I just hope when I'm at that age I can still do silly things like that. Ya'll do things I do at the age of 15 with my friends!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So, what you're basically saying, my sweet little Pony Rock, is that many of us have the sensibilities of 15-year-olds and do "teenager" things. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Hey! I can live with that! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Memo to Merry, because Beezer does not know where you are lurking at the moment: Do you have something AGAINST QHSM's impatiens?? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] You know, the ones alongside the rose bushes you told me you'd watered? Like, what ... you SPIT on them?? Gave them a passing glance with the hose, a tease and a promise?? Because those suckers are dead, babe ... D-E-A-D. And there are not enough impatiens in the surrounding three counties to replace them in hopes of getting away with the cover-up.

Beezer is soooooo not taking the heat on THIS one. If Beezer goes down to the wrath of QHSM over the death of her impatiens, Beezer is taking *YOU* with her.
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

And now, about those golf carts ... about how much ARE they? If they are that costly to rent, Merry and Beezer and their respective spouses will need to start saving now! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

****Bulletin Board Goddess****
    Congratulate me! My CANTER cutie is an honor student at Goofball University!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>So, what you're basically saying, my sweet little Pony Rock, is that many of us have the sensibilities of 15-year-olds and do "teenager" things. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Hey! I can live with that! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] I feel like I'm with my friends pulling our silly pranks.

Beezer, I was looking online and found used ones ranging from $300-$1500 and up. Try www.recycler.com and search for golf carts...there isn't much on there this week though.

Sorry. I was over on the Charioteer thread. It may provide an opportunity to be with Swarthy Arabian Men! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img]

Don't golf carts have to be plugged in to keep the battery charged? You know, that means our parents would have to remember to do something, which is a frightening prospect. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

"Charter Member of the Baby Greenie Support Group of North America"

Merry, I hope they at least remember to feed the horses!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

The Southern California freeway system, stuck in an endless commute

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AAJumper:
    Merry, I hope they at least remember to feed the horses!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, sooner or later, QHSM does. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] Actually, she is very good at it ... but on occasion, she gets ... uh, DISTRACTED ... and forgets one -- but the "victim" soon reminds her. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] She also has been known to leave the hose running while filling water tubs (poor Tigger has been flooded out a couple of times! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] ), and on at least one occasion (that she will admit to [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] ), she "forgot" a horse turned out in the ring ... until 2 a.m. when she suddenly woke up, remembered and bolted out there to fetch him in. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Poor Tailor (our cousin Erin's horse) was not amused. Needless to say, he prefers MORNING turn-outs these days. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

But re the golf cart, my biggest fear is that they'd start tooling around town in it!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

****Bulletin Board Goddess****
    Congratulate me! My CANTER cutie is an honor student at Goofball University!

We were at the GP in Lake Placid last summer and a couple male teens came screaming through the consession area. They almost ran into the tallest man we'd ever seen. He didn't even blink as they slid to a stop a couple feet away. He just looks at them for a few seconds and then walks over and picks up the front of the golf cart then drops it. I've never heard two kids say "sorry" so many time in my life! ROFLMAO

one of our school horses got loose at a show once, and ran and jumped over a golf cart http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...n_rolleyes.gif

A few years ago at a horse expo, I wasn't watching where I was walking, and collided head-on with a parked golf cart.

The occupants were very amused.

~Disclaimer:
    The opinions expressed in this post are not neccessarily the views of this poster.~
    ~This is *way* more fun than doing something productive~

Olympic Park a few years ago, several people, none of whom I know. Don't know who did it. But someone had a little too much fun at the Grand Prix. The next morning nearly every golf cart on the grounds had been hot wired and parked in the middle of the ring. This next one doesn't involve a golf car per say:
    At a show in Aiken, red clay track. Trainer's mom is driving back with trainer and other clients in the back of the truck. They pick me up, I sit on the tailgate, go to scoot back, put my hands under me and lift so that only my hands are on teh bed and I can slide back. She floors it, I land on the red clay track in the EXACT same spot and position that I had been in the truck, but on the ground...

1-800
    P.S. Merry, who is Oded and what was the series?

"The tongue weighs less than an ounce but few have the strength to hold it."

"Fool me once, shame, shame on you, fool me twi, you, you can't fool me again."
    ~ Sad day for us Republicans
    \"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats.\"

\"Betwixt the stirrup and the ground, mercy I asked and mercy I found.\"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Coreene:
    I like the six seater ones. Then you can have a rolling margarita party.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>ALL my really good golf cart stories involve a 6-seater, Catalina Island and margaritas http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif

[This message was edited by maggymay on Feb. 07, 2003 at 04:20 AM.]

Hi folks

I don't know how this thread survived the moves, but it brings up some VERY touchy BB history, so I think I will lock it, and let someone start another "Golf Cart Thread", OK?
    Mal:This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then .... explode