The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

I do believe it comes in red, but I am not sure that RSOD strikes the same degree of fear in people's hearts [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Oh, and I would like to cast my vote for #3 as the winner too, although I did have a giggle trying to imagine Mel Brooks casting and filming the high speed golf cart chase [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

(PS - gotta give HATTIE photo credit for YSOD pic!!)
    Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.

The Southern California freeway system, stuck in an endless commute

Once again, Beezer rests her case on the prosecution of Merry's, ahem, *driving*. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] You can't even trust that woman on a SCOOTER! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

****Bulletin Board Goddess****
    Congratulate me! My CANTER cutie is an honor student at Goofball University!

I like the six seater ones. Then you can have a rolling margarita party.
    EDDIE WOULD GO

AA Jumper... thanks for the reply and your admonishment...
    So sorry, I did not and do not intent to discuss Gretchens financial situation, only that as horse people we sometimes have pretty tragic things happen to us and no matter how "well suited" we are or are not the $$$ can really hurt if you cannot work. This business is hard on all of us physically but that is all we have to "sell", our pyhsical abilities and capabilities.

No matter how long we are laid up from an injury it sure takes its toll. Gretchen is certainly not looking for a hand out from any of us but it would be a great horseman's approach if any of us can help one of our injured. She is such a wonderful person, never complains, believes the sky is always blue and works hard.

Only wanted to update the horse community that, on this golf cart thread, one of our very important trainers has inadvertently been seriously injured by a golf cart.

Thanks for your references of her, she is a friend to all of us and an asset to the horse community in general. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

PS Sorry again if I mis-spelled
    [url]http://www.horseshowbiz.com
    [url]http://www.ijumpsports.com

So sorry that you felt my post was an "admonishment", khobstetter. It was certainly not meant as such. It was more of a friendly observation that perhaps some people might not want their financial situation dicussed online (as in your previous post), even if it was for benevolent purposes. Especially when both first and last names are given. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] Unless, of course, a person's financial situation happens to be a matter of public record, which then would make it fair game for discussion, IMO.

Well that was a good way to kill a light-hearted thread... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Anyone else have some amuzing golf cart stories?

Actually Mr. Chef once flipped his dad's golf cart doing donuts on the golf course late at night (after a few frosty beverages no doubt.) If I had done something like that, I don't think I would have gone home - ever!

AA, I thought the same thing as you.
    EDDIE WOULD GO

Well, it wasn't amusing at the time, but in retrospect we laugh about it. About 4 yrs. ago my girlfriend, Andrea, was signed to manage the Ventura County Fair horse shows. So she asked me to be her assistant. Thought it'd be fun, but all sorts of things went wrong. The 4H show brought out all these cantankerous horse show moms; some of the people at the mule show got in a fight; the carriage and draft horse competitors expected a free, catered exhibitors party; etc. We were about to shoot ourselves!

The crowning glory? The golf cart that the fairgrounds had loaned us to tootle around in got stolen! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] We came from the hotel early one am and it was gone! We figured it had to be an inside job, but the administration orginally thought Andrea had confiscated it. Like right, that's what we do in our spare time: manage horse shows and steal golf carts with VENTURA COUNTY FAIR stenciled all over the sides. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Anyway, it was the icing on the cake as far as a miserable experience went, *sigh*.

"Charter Member of the Baby Greenie Support Group of North America"

Were you allowed to drive this or were you only allowed to be a passenger?
    EDDIE WOULD GO

I did take your post as a friendly observation and did really appreciate it. Sometimes someone else's perspective of things can be very informative [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] and I thought you had an interesting read on what I wrote.

Gretchen is aware of the post and had a great laugh about it and just said she is "embarassed when people say goods things about her". That was her only comment other than she does have a little extra time to be ground help if needed. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Because you read the post different than I had intended it, I have edited it so it is not mis-understood even tho Gretchen thought it was OK.

Thank you again for your post, no offense was taken on my part and certainly no offense meant to anyone, you, by me. Gretchen is a long time friend of mine and she and I have had a good giggle about the radical, runaway golf cart.

Thanks again [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Wow! Let's keep the amusing golf cart stories coming.

AAJumper you had the correct read on the situation regarding another person's financial condition never being discussed. Just wanted to reiterate the point. Bravo to you [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by Erin on Jul. 27, 2001 at 01:27 PM.]

I just got back from the barn...and Gretchen was there giving my trainer (and another woman who hauled in) a lesson! I got to be jump crew, which I find fun, since 5 days a week I am cooped up in an office! I enjoy watching and helping out. But next time she comes out on a weekend, I am going to take a lesson from her on Cypress. I'm looking forward to it...it's always nice to get other people's ideas and views, even when you have your own trainer. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Khobstetter, thanks for editing the post. The thing I can't figure out is how she is aware of the post? Do we have lurkers around here that we don't know about? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Okay, maybe not amazing, more like scary. My husband was on the golf course in Thousand Oaks a few months ago, and who does he see in a golf cart? OJ Simpson!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] He said it was really freaky to see him in person.

AAJumper
    Thanks for the thanks.....

I read it to her before and after I posted it and as I edited it. I have known her for a very long time and really do have sooooooooooo much respect for her personally and professionally. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Now that she knows what these are, she is quite excited about these forums and asked if I would have time to teach her how to get on and off of them.

If you can get into a lesson with her, take advantage of it for sure, she's great!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

As for "lurkers"..... from the stuff that gets back to me, and I'm sure back to you too, I bet there are about a bizillion little termite lurkers around.
    Keeps life interesting ....... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Hmmmm....that is really odd. I thought you were THE KHobstetter. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

I'm the only one I know!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by khobstetter:
    I have known her for a very long time and really do have sooooooooooo much respect for her personally and professionally. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So do I, and for that reason I will cease from discussing this matter any further. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

What is it that they say on the X-Files? The Truth is Out There...or something like that. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Oh, geez, no more X Files! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

AA, we saw OJ driving through Huntington Beach a few years ago in a convertible. Blech. I did notice several One Finger Salutes given in his direction (Merry will be shocked to know that I refrained from joining in this).
    EDDIE WOULD GO

The Southern California freeway system, stuck in an endless commute

OK. I've finally got to ask this, because it has honestly been BUGGING ME for days since I first saw it mentioned: Repossessed golf carts?? Like, what, there are a lot of golf courses that are in financial trouble and can't keep up the payments? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Perhaps this is why I've never had a great urge to own one. I must have somehow intuited that these suckers are a lot more expensive than I thought! One thing I DON'T need is something else to make payments on.... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

****Bulletin Board Goddess****
    Congratulate me! My CANTER cutie is an honor student at Goofball University!