The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Okay! I know we all have some amazing golf cart stories to share. So let's have at it. Any stories will do about yourself, your trainer or some crazy lady going wild with a golf cart at the shows [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

One of the funniest things I heard about then later saw was Misty Cassar's golf cart at Indio. What a stitch done up in pink and black complete with feather boas [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ( AAJumper: I think you have pics.)

Okay! I know we all have some amazing golf cart stories to share. So let's have at it. Any stories will do about yourself, your trainer or some crazy lady going wild with a golf cart at the shows [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

One of the funniest things I heard about then later saw was Misty Cassar's golf cart at Indio. What a stitch done up in pink and black complete with feather boas [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ( AAJumper: I think you have pics.)

HAHA ooohh okok I have a story!!
    ok, so for Emerson's (Burr) 80th birthday everyone at Farfield chipped in and bought him an AWESOME golfcart to replace his old one...its soo nice, dark blue with gold trim (ffld colors), and "EMERSON" written across the front in gold script.

k anyway, there is this boy who just came from spain, and when no one was at the barn he hopped into em's cart and drove it full speed around the indoor and crashed it into the wall...AHH I am tearing writing this. The poor kid was so upset that he didnt come to the barn for weeks...and Emerson wasnt even mad, he felt bad for the kid. AHH ok I'm done!!

Misti's golf cart was nuts, but it was toned down at the Oaks in April. At Indio, Our golf cart kept running out of juice always near the barn(near Grand prix field) on the way to the hunter rings. We ended up pushing, clucking and hitting it with crops to keep going.

~Christina~
    "Chaos is what killed the dinosaurs, Darling!"
    JD;Heathers
    *Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool.*

We rented a golf cart at Indio...very generic looking, no top, seat in back. We drive the golf cart down to the ring to sign up and walk the schooling jumper course. We then walk to the food place to get ice and breakfast. We return to the area where we parked, only to find a golf cart right near where we thought we parked, but this one had no rear seat! My friend said that it wasn't our cart and that someone must have taken ours by mistake (she left the key in it). So we went back to the ring to watch a few rounds, hoping the cart will be returned soon.

My friend called her husband and told him the whole story. We start walking back to the other cart, which amazingly is still sitting, unclaimed. Just then, I ask my friend "are you SURE that isn't our cart....don't those seats fold down in the back???" We then stare at each other, both thinking "oh my god, are we really that blonde???" Yes indeed, it was our cart sitting there the entire time!!! Our groom had used it the night before, and had folded the seat down!!! We were so spacey that morning we never even noticed!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Oh, and I never got a pic of Misti's golf cart...just the barn setup. What a scream!!!

Does anyone know of a good place to get a used golf cart? A friend of mine is looking to get one, but doesn't want to pay full price. I looked in the paper, but I have heard that sometimes golf carts get repossesed, and was thinking that might be a way to get a good deal on a slightly used golf cart. We bought our boat at a credit union repossession sale and got a great deal....so I was thinking that might be a way to get a deal on a golf cart. Anyone know of anyplace that sells used or repossessed golf carts?

http://www.midwayinn.com/ here is one link If you drag your mouse over pics it'll tell you a price the tan near the bottom are 300 I don't know what you think is a good deal?

hmmm....maybe I'm mistaken, it seems awfully cheap after I looked on ebay.

~Christina~
    "Chaos is what killed the dinosaurs, Darling!"
    JD;Heathers
    *Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool.*

WA. The Evergreen State Where The Horses Are Forever Green

That looks really cheap.
    I heard the batteries are pretty pricey for them.
    But 300$ seems quite resonable.
    How much are they to rent at the bigger shows?
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

About 8 or 9 years ago two of my friends backed a golf cart into a port-o-john at the hampton classic and knocked it over. Legend has it someone was inside, but they didn't stick around long enough to find out. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]
    "You can shout curses, but you can't cry."-Joe Fargis

Last year at a big dressage show in Raleigh, a few of the staffers were getting some last minute stuff done at 3 am. I had to go post scoreboards, and we decided to take the golf cart. The nightwatch girl drove, a guy named Bobby sat in the middle, and I was sitting on the right side, holding a huge basket, staple gun, etc, and sorting a stack of papers. Bobby decided to mess around and thought the girl was going to drive in a straight line (keep in mind that we were in a paved parking lot). Well, she was turning sharply, and as she turned, he reached over and floored it. As I was holding on to absolutely nothing, I flew through the air and ripped my knee and elbow to pieces. Ended up with huge cuts on my knee (ripped through a brand new pair of jeans) and had nerve damage for about 6 months. This year at the same show I fell and had to have the same knee stitched. Wearing knee pads next year. . .

At a horse show, a friend was driving around being crazy in a golf cart with another groom. They unintentionally hit a trash barrel, it projectile flew in the air rolling toward a passerby, when they looked at him it was none other than WILLIAM SHATNER. They took off at a great clip trying not to get recognized and one of them yelled back toward Shatner's direction "DIAL 911!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

(Punchline: at the time of this horse show William Shatner was hosting the TV program Rescue 911)
    "Lighten up, Francis." -Stripes

Who needs a golf cart to wreak havoc?
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

The barn corgi, who is a bit overweight, loves to go for rides in the golf cart. One day she sat on the gas pedal and the cart started to move. She was quite confused and upset.

Sunny: Was it a photon torpedo? Did Shatner's hairpiece go flying? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Here's my story (told to me by my close friend, who was this person's trainer at the time): One of her clients, a woman ammy adult, rents a golf cart at Indio. She's tootling around, doing quite well in the traffic. One day she pulls up next to the pony ring but inadvertently misses the brake and the cart catapults through the temporary fencing, into the ring, and bumps into a pony being stood up for the model class! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Needless to say, it causes quite a commotion. My girlfriend, on the sidelines, is thinking, "Oh my, who is that lady, and whose barn is she from?"... not realizing at first that it's HER client! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] So she just sort of slinks away into the crowd.

Naturally, the client meets with the pony's owner, and she agrees to pay for the pony to be checked out by the show vet. He, naturally, takes a variety of xrays. The pony is fine, but the client ends up not only soundly embarrassed, but stuck with a vet bill reportedly in the $600. range! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Now that was an expensive golf cart rental, eh?

"Charter Member of the Baby Greenie Support Group of North America"

My sister had a convention to go to in Hawaii for work so she flew me over on her miles and I got a free trip! Great! I also decided I wanted to take part in the company golf outing (although I had never even played on a course before.) I get paired up with 3 random people and as if I didn;t make a fool out of myself with my playing ability, our golf cart ran out of juice on the way up a big hill. So the 4 of us pile onto the other cart with me standing up on the back and hanging on. Well the driver flies up the hill and starts picking up a lot of speed on the way back down. The drivier suddenly sees his ball over to the side and forgetting I was on the back, makes a hairpin turn going about 50 mph. I flew off, landed on my face, and my knee swelled the size of a basketball.

How many people can say they were actually injured golfing! Should I be one of the proud few or very embarassed? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

At Bromont, Canada this year my mom rented a golf cart and she was driving with me in the passenger seat and my trainer's dog (Aussie Blue Heeler) in the middle of us. Well we stop so I can take something off a horse of ours headed to the ring, when I get out the dog jumps out so I grab the lease and go to sit back down. I MISSED THE SEAT, fell on to the floor of the golf cart full speed and ended up in a sitting position.

The kicker is that we were stopped right in front of Macondo Jumpers, Manuel Torres and my mother were the only one's that really saw it and my god was Manuel Torres laughing so hard, I thought he was going to die and then he told his barn what happened and they started cracking up. I could literally not drive by that barn without cracking up myself, I was like doubling over. Ahhhhh Canada

R&R
    "It's definatly been fun and it's definatly been real, but I'm not sure if it's been real fun"
    E
    Well, I made it back

There is now a video of me driving around Ginny Spooner's arena in a golf cart with Willem chasing it. That would be the food cart to him, dontcha know. Around the fences, loop the loop, you name it.
    EDDIE WOULD GO

OMG you guys, this was a bad thread to read while at work! I am cracking up here and my coworkers are probably thinking I'm insane (which I am, but that's besides the point).

you don't have an email posted and this really doesn't have anything to do with the thread but shoot me an email. Who do you ride for?? I'm just curiuos because I used to exercise some horses for manuel and I'm wondering if I know you!!
    thanks
    nicole.carter@octagon.com
    - - - - - -
    \"I found my inner bitch and ran with her.\" ~ Courtney Love

Southern California - on a freeway someplace

One of the clients at our barn was a bit portly. She sat on the back of the golf cart at a show and the cart reared up in protest.

AA Jumper - there is a place in Riverside(?)--near the intersection of the 90/215/15 freeways that sells golf carts. Don't know about prices.
    The Evil Chem Prof