The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

First let me say that this thread is temporary. Erin said if something big came up that I was free to post, but there is a yahoo group set up, so we can use that for the little stuff.

But this is big. Aiden is in the hospital. He is in rejection of his new liver. (liver numbers are now in the 900's.. supposed to be in the 20's!! It is about 9X worse than it was BEFORE transplant) This is bad news, and can be dangerous, but what I am about to say is much worse. Today another test came back that pointed to the CMV in the liver. CMV hepatitis. This is very serious. Rejection is bad, but it only threatens the life of the liver, this infection is so serious, it is now threatening the life of my son.

PLease please pray. I know not everyone is on the yahoo group or his email list, so had to tell you guys. Aiden is on massive doses of prednisone (solumedrol) and it is making him nuts. Other than that you would have no idea he is so ill. On paper he is very sick.

I am beig very positive, but they have not seen a case in the liver in a long time. If it gets to that point, and it is everywhere then we will need to really begin to pray.

Thank you, We will be getting some stains and cultures back tomarrow and friday. I will let you know what happens.

Please email me, I can help you get set up a the yahoo group. RolexH@aol.com Thanks so much.

~~Lisa~~
    Save a life, be an organ donor

[Edited to add notice of update page]

[This message was edited by Portia on Jan. 30, 2003 at 02:31 PM.]

[This message was edited by Portia on Jan. 31, 2003 at 12:27 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Jan. 31, 2003 at 09:16 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Feb. 03, 2003 at 10:47 AM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Feb. 05, 2003 at 07:47 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Feb. 07, 2003 at 07:27 PM.]

First let me say that this thread is temporary. Erin said if something big came up that I was free to post, but there is a yahoo group set up, so we can use that for the little stuff.

But this is big. Aiden is in the hospital. He is in rejection of his new liver. (liver numbers are now in the 900's.. supposed to be in the 20's!! It is about 9X worse than it was BEFORE transplant) This is bad news, and can be dangerous, but what I am about to say is much worse. Today another test came back that pointed to the CMV in the liver. CMV hepatitis. This is very serious. Rejection is bad, but it only threatens the life of the liver, this infection is so serious, it is now threatening the life of my son.

PLease please pray. I know not everyone is on the yahoo group or his email list, so had to tell you guys. Aiden is on massive doses of prednisone (solumedrol) and it is making him nuts. Other than that you would have no idea he is so ill. On paper he is very sick.

I am beig very positive, but they have not seen a case in the liver in a long time. If it gets to that point, and it is everywhere then we will need to really begin to pray.

Thank you, We will be getting some stains and cultures back tomarrow and friday. I will let you know what happens.

Please email me, I can help you get set up a the yahoo group. RolexH@aol.com Thanks so much.

~~Lisa~~

[Edited to add notice of update page]

[This message was edited by Portia on Jan. 30, 2003 at 02:31 PM.]

[This message was edited by Portia on Jan. 31, 2003 at 12:27 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Jan. 31, 2003 at 09:16 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Feb. 03, 2003 at 10:47 AM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Feb. 05, 2003 at 07:47 PM.]

[This message was edited by RolexH on Feb. 07, 2003 at 07:27 PM.]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NO NO NO! Praying so hard for you. I am in tears. My prayers, in fact, everything, postive vibes, big cyber hugs, fingers crossed are with you. I am going to give praying everything I've got. Oh Lisa, I don't know what else to do or say. He'll pull through, you just watch. XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Where you never know what the weather will be--Kansas!!!

I am sitting here not knowing what to type............................so many prayers will be coming from me to you!

"If you are not strong enough to fight your enemy, embrace him. With your arms are around him, he can't draw his sword on you." -7 years in Tibet!
    \"My insurance doesn\'t cover PMS.\" --10 things I hate about you

http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/cry.gif thank you. This little guy is just trying to turn me grey. Thank you for the prayers.

~~Lisa~~

praying and jingling harder than ever....

I'm on the e-mail list but don't know how to do the Yahoo group...perhaps someone could send out the instructions to the whole e-mail list?

Lisa, Joey, & Aiden will stay in my thoughts and prayers.

Be Strong,
    Eyes Up,
    Kick On!

Serendipity, I did do an invite to the list but I wasn't sure if it worked. Go to the last page of the monster Aiden thread, it has a link. I will also do an invite to you later tonight.

Thanks for praying. He WILL pull thourgh

~~Lisa~~

Praying for you all.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Lisa - we are all here for you and praying for Aiden. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, though it may be dim right now, Aiden keeps pulling himself towards it and a strong, long life.

{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

I will check the Aiden thread, Lisa...and thanks for taking a moment to reply to me. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif

Aiden WILL pull through this bump in the road! He's probably the only patient on the planet with so many prayers, jingles, and good, healing thoughts coming to him!

I'll also light a candle at my church tonight...I've been remiss in getting there lately anyway, Aiden is reason enough. {{{{Hugs}}}}

The first words out of my mouth were an expletive but then I thought, his life has been so miraculous to date, surely, it can only continue.

May this be just another small bump on that long road to a complete recovery.

Hugs to you and the Beloved One.

Praying like crazy in New York!!!!!

Heather

Oh no. Praying like MAD down here! Try to be strong, and give the darling our love http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/cry.gif

* B E L E N *
    My Pictures
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die.
    The in between is mine.
    Belen
    http://community.webshots.com/user/lovingit09
    \"I\'m looking for a dare to be great situation\"- John Cusack

Lisa, Ditto what Heidi said. (((Hugs))) and Prayers for a swift turnaround for Aiden.

Leslie

SLW
    "It is I."

SoCal: land of traffic, traffic, and more traffic

I posted instructions on how to join the Yahoo group on the Aiden party thread. Hopefully those will help you come join us.

I am jingling and praying just as hard as I can....

What if the Hokey Pokey *IS* what its all about?
    What if the Hokey Pokey *IS* what its all about?

*Jingles*Prayers* and (((((((HUGS))))) having been on the same drugs myself during a long hospitals stay steroids are NO FUN http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_frown.gif So I really feel for poor lionheart. Hoping that this will end up being a SMALL hurdle!!!

http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif Liz
    Liz

Oh Lisa ... I am sending you all the love and prayers and jingles and everything that I can muster, hang in there and tell our glorious wonderful boy to kick on! I love you, sister, if anyone can kick this you and Aiden can!
    EDDIE WOULD GO

Prayers and jingles from AZ.

I'm so sorry to hear this news!!

Hang in there and stay strong.
    http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_frown.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There is nothing so grand as to fly on the back of a horse!
    ~* Life is the dance you choose *~

Oh Lisa. I don't know what to say ......

Praying and jingling. It has worked before, it will work again.
    "I don't want to sound like a broken record here, but why is it that a woman will forgive homicidal behavior in a horse, yet be highly critical of a man for leaving the toilet seat up?" Dave Barry

Stay strong, you guys are in my prayers. I'm so sorry.

Faith

I'm thirsty anyway, so bring on the rain...JoDee Messina
    i am so blessed...Martina McBride