The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by JoZ View Post
    I am most enthusiastic when I cannot actually DO said things, i.e. when I am at work, I craft plans of organizational WONDER.

And I thought I was the only one.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what
    lies with in us. - Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by JoZ View Post
    I've been like Hyperbole and a Half the last couple of weeks -- need to overhaul home and barn and CLEAN ALL THE THINGS!!!!!!! My enthusiasm for these activities has been going up and down like an EKG. Oddly () I am most enthusiastic when I cannot actually DO said things, i.e. when I am at work, I craft plans of organizational WONDER.

Must clean ALL the things?
    OMG me too!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by enjoytheride View Post
    That's got to be expensive, how much oil can you press out of a chipmunk?

I confess to working around the horses in sandals. Am also guilty of not riding very much because BO signed me up for a triathlon and I've been working on training for that.

The worst though?

I'm thinking of taking out a loan to buy another horse I can't afford.
    "A horse gallops with his lungs, perseveres with his heart, and wins with his character." - Tesio

I confess that I ate a small bag of Doritos for lunch.
    I also confess that I also planned on eating fast food, but, as it turned out, I wasn't hungry after the Doritos.
    Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you're stupid and you made a bad decision.

Confessing to being crushed at getting outbid on what would have been saddle number.....14-ish??? eBay while drinking, that was hilarious!!! Also fed the horses REALLY late this morning, because DH is away--but they still had some hay left so I didn't feel too bad. Also sitting here goofing off on COTH when I should be cleaning this sty for the guests arriving in a few hours.

Default Revision

Quote Originally Posted by HPFarmette View Post
    Gorgeous picture....love her color. No confessions yet. Will build up some over the weekend....
    Okay I let a co-worker bring me McD's chicken sandwich instead of eating the healthy soup I brought for lunch. Yes, i got fries with that....

Quote Originally Posted by Donkerbruin View Post
    The worst though?

I'm thinking of taking out a loan to buy another horse I can't afford.
    Don't feel bad, Donk. I am thinking I would like to take the money I should be saving/putting towards our house/farmette, and breed my mare now rather than wait a few more years.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what
    lies with in us. - Emerson

I confess to eating close to half a bag of Ruffles today, and in advance to trying to wriggle out of riding tonight (after half a bag of Ruffles my stomach is sooo not in hte mood for jiggling).

I confess to celebrating Hoover's first ride up into the mountains by finishing the last slice of Key Lime Pie before dinner got cooked. I've been the short order cook for the animals all day, I deserve something in my own stomach!
    HAS provides hospital care to 340,000 people in Haiti's Artibonite Valley 24/7/365/earthquake/cholera/whatever.
    www.hashaiti.org blog:http://hashaiti.org/blog

I confess to being a bit lazy the pasty couple weeks with my riding (though this week I am suppose to make a light week for my horse). Only rode 4 times I think last week. This week he got worked monday and tuesday, not wednesday (though I was at the barn), rode yesterday, but not today. Can't wait to be done with the 2 weeks of 6 days a week work weeks!! Tomorrow will make it 12 days of work in the past 13 days!

That is a fabulous shot! Isn't the DSLR fun??

And I confess to having McDonald's for lunch today and letting my girls loose to mow the yard while I did some weeding.
    “While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats.” Mark Twain

I confess to buying my horse's hyaluronic acid, chia seed and flax at the grocery store instead of the feed store so it comes from the "groceries" budget instead of the "horses" budget.
    Daxia Digital: for all your social media and online marketing needs
    www.daxiadigital.com

Quote Originally Posted by Flagstaff Foxhunter View Post
    Confessing to being crushed at getting outbid on what would have been saddle number.....14-ish??? eBay while drinking, that was hilarious!!! Also fed the horses REALLY late this morning, because DH is away--but they still had some hay left so I didn't feel too bad. Also sitting here goofing off on COTH when I should be cleaning this sty for the guests arriving in a few hours.
    I have a rule now; in keeping with the laws of Conservation of Mass, if I BUY a saddle, I have to SELL a saddle. But as it is, my attic is a strange hallucinogenic combination of Beval's, National Bridle Shop and Smith Brothers . . . and they multiply there when the lights are out. And that doesn't even take into account the Magic Bit Drawer . . .