The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default **CA* heads up, GET THIS MARE!! Free CANTER OTTB; super cute & well bred! so pretty!!

I have been eyeing this mare for months; I just adore her and she reminds me (in looks) of my own beloved mare!!

If I was anywhere near Cali still, I would be driving a trailer over tomorrow. I just can't stand to think of her going to auction or anything else dreaded...

Someone go get this mare!!!!! (and then do a broodmare lease to me! )

Alokee:
    http://www.pedigreequery.com/alokee
    She has Blushing Groom on top, Black Tie Affair and Never bend on bottom and linebred to Nasrullah.

http://www.canterusa.org/index.php?o...anter-listings
    Last edited by J4J; May. 19, 2012 at 12:35 AM. Reason: link

And more toward Central, Villa Rosa has an unpapered yet free mare, five year old I think, who might be a Sandro Hit.

If she still belongs to Jerry and Ann Moss, I doubt she will suffer the fate of auction or worse...plus I believe that equineracers is helping to find her a home, so they will make sure she gets a good home.
    The Mosses really do try and do right by all the horses they've bred...if they don't still currently own her, someone ought to let them know...I bet they'd be more than happy to bring this lovely girl home with time off and then to the breeding shed to join the lovely Zenyatta.
    If I had my own property/barn, I'd go get her this week...she's lovely, well bred, and even if all she could do was be trail ridden and have a baby here and there, she'd be a more than welcome pretty face over the pasture fence every day. COTH'ers...keep us updated if someone in NorCal gets her!

Where does it say she is in Nor Cal? Looks like she is from SCal?

Default Norcal? Socal? hmm

I thought I was in N. Cal listings when I saw her, but, I can only find her in "CA ALL" so I am not sure where she is!

I am completely smitten with this mare.. I am so glad(??) I don't live in CA anymore because I would be picking her up tomorrow!

If anyone goes to look at her, please update!!

OTTB_Dressage; thanks for the tidbit about the owners. I know that many, many thoroughbred racing breeders do a great job securing their horses' futures and not sending them to slaughter! Like we've all seen before, things happen and I'm hoping with that pedigree and those good looks someone will snatch her right up!

Oh, please someone go get her and let me know what happens!! I just can't stand it, I've been thinking about her nonstop since last night!!

She is nice looking but she doesn't have the pedigree to be a TB broodmare. I checked her dam line back several generations and no one won more than $10k (one 2nd place finish).

Unless there is a really nice S/W her under her 1st or 2nd dam, I can't think why the Mosses would have bred her in the first place.

I hope she finds a good situation, but there is more to being a broodmare than having a uterus and needing a job to do.

ETA, She could not have better owners than the Mosses. They will not let her get inot a bad situation.
    "I used to have money, now I have horses."

Candico - I'd be sceptical that a free unpapered youngster would be by Sandro Hit. A definite DNA test needed there! But then again stranger things have happened at sea.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helpus View Post
    She is nice looking but she doesn't have the pedigree to be a TB broodmare. I checked her dam line back several generations and no one won more than $10k (one 2nd place)
    I wasn't thinking good racing pedigree, I was thinking good sporthorse! Jumper, eventer, etc. The blushing groom OTTB who just won that re-trainers competition was sure nice! Any thoughts in that direction?

My friend is going to look at another CANTER horse next Monday .. offered to pick this one up too.. someone help me!!!! I really cannot have another horse!!

Candico - I'd be sceptical that a free unpapered youngster would be by Sandro Hit. A definite DNA test needed there! But then again stranger things have happened at sea

She is likely by a Sandro Hit son/grandson ect because SH is homozygous for black, ie there are no chestnut offspring of SH.
    www.svhanoverians.com

"Simple: Breeding,Training, Riding". Wolfram Wittig.

I just happened to stumble on this post be researching this mare. I actually just signed and sent off the bill of sale for this mare to Canter last night! I am very excited to get her home!!

2 members found this post helpful.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    That's wonderful news!! I was just talking about her a couple days ago, how I was hoping she'd found a person to adopt. I am so glad you found this thread!

if you are up for it, I'd love to hear about yourself and what your plans are with her, and to stay in touch! I'm still interested in a broodmare lease ... you can PM me if you'd like!

You rock for adopting a CANTER horse, btw!!

Was just thinking about this mare and wondering how she is doing... GOFJumper are you out there?!