The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Weatherford is offline Schoolmaster Premium Member
    Original Poster

Sold the first few boxes of books today before the sale officially opens - and got a check for $1,000 made out directly to the Horses in the Hood.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Second day update - another $285 in checks, and almost enough cash to cover my TENT COSTS!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

PS to second day update - one of my friends (who drove up from NC with her husband to help - AND she doesn't really ride, although she hunts with beagles & bassetts and her Aunt is an MB & huntsman for both foot hounds and foxhounds) - just added another $150 check to the stack - making today's total $1,435 for the 2 days so far.

Today for the sale $1895. Have one person who is coming back and I haven't priced two books...

Found the view, just a-lookin' fer some $$$$ [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] ...

[This message was edited by Weatherford on Jul. 07, 2002 at 09:48 PM.]
    co-author of 101 Jumping Exercises & The Rider's Fitness Program; Soon to come: Dead Ringer - a tale of equine mystery and intrique! Former Moderator!

Sold the first few boxes of books today before the sale officially opens - and got a check for $1,000 made out directly to the Horses in the Hood.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Second day update - another $285 in checks, and almost enough cash to cover my TENT COSTS!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

PS to second day update - one of my friends (who drove up from NC with her husband to help - AND she doesn't really ride, although she hunts with beagles & bassetts and her Aunt is an MB & huntsman for both foot hounds and foxhounds) - just added another $150 check to the stack - making today's total $1,435 for the 2 days so far.

Today for the sale $1895. Have one person who is coming back and I haven't priced two books...

Found the view, just a-lookin' fer some $$$$ [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] ...

[This message was edited by Weatherford on Jul. 07, 2002 at 09:48 PM.]
    co-author of 101 Jumping Exercises & The Rider's Fitness Program; Soon to come: Dead Ringer - a tale of equine mystery and intrique! Former Moderator!

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

MCL

Original Poster

And that was only one customer and one day! Got two more days, and I hope LOTS of customers to go!

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Wow! You're a gem. Think of all the great things that $ will do to link up a kid with a horse. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Wow, that is great!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

visit www.victorianfarms.com

WA. The Evergreen State Where The Horses Are Forever Green

That is so cool!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I am despondent that I am not there [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Way to go, Weatherford! What a fabulous donation.

Friendship is Love without his wings
    -Lord Byron
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

That is just EXCELLENT!!!
    I am so sorry I can't be there , but life as a vet and a holiday weekend to boot I just couldnt get the coverage. I was so hoping to be ble to get there and do some "damage" for the caue ( and of course get some Christmas shopping done at the same time.
    Maybe if there is anything left,I can get a sniff some time of the remaining godies.
    Glad it has cooled off for you !!
    LUV2JUMP [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Weatherford,

Are you taking requests for books?

Summer Pony
    Young Rider and First Pony
    Working Trot -- Jessie Haas
    Vicki & the Brown Mare
    Vicki & the Black Horse
    Clear Round!
    Show Pony
    Riding Logic
    anything by GM
    anything by Anna Jane White-Mullin

Any other cool books with old pictures in them!

"Nothing is good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
    -- Shakespeare

"Oh please don't go -- we'll eat you up, we love you so."
    -- Maurice Sendak

*** Member of the Rust Clique ***
    *** Member of the Ebay Anonymous Clique ***
    *** Member of the MKF (Michelle Kwan Forum)***
    Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

Ooh ooh! I want to get on the request list.

I want the Fly By Night book and its sequel. They have these at my library back home but I have never found them anyplace else. (Of course, I don't know who they're BY, just where they are in the library. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] )

Also Dark Horse (I think?) by Jean Slaughter Doty.

"Because she's got a tattoo, Hank. I think she could use a home-cooked meal."

Original Poster

No Doty, I don't think.

Will look for the others - I know I had Working Trot at one time, but who knows now.

Will give the list to my assistant (AND THE ONLY BB'er TO SHOW UP!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] ) JEANNETTE (formerly ponygrl) (Who is a great person!!!)

WA. The Evergreen State Where The Horses Are Forever Green

I am there in spirit [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    If you were a six hour drive, and not a six hour plane flight, the Bumpkinette and I would have come and helped you out [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Great job, Weatherford!

I am so sorry that I'm too far away to come and relieve you of some stock. By the way, Fly By Night is by British author, K.M. Peyton.

The book with a girl whose uncle dies and leaves her the rougue, Bluebird, and wonderful mare, Gazelle in his will.

There is a terrible barn fire and Gazelle is killed. She goes on to compete successfully with Bluebird, who "Loffs" her, and is reformed.

Or another, Dorothy Lyons Copper Khan.

Another - vaguely remembered from reading years ago. Something involving a horse crazy girl (surprise?) new to the neighborhood and an almost hermit like woman neighbor who has a crazy horse that killed/injured her daughter/relative (she has a round pen or indoor round ring in her barn). I seem to recall a beach...

Friendship is Love without his wings
    -Lord Byron
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

Original Poster

ETBTW - you need to buy a copy of the horse story bibliography by Terri Wear. It isn't complete, but pretty good (well, she missed ALICE O'CONNELL - mostly because she neglected to check with us book dealers before publication!) However, it is still good.

Send me a check to Horses in the Hood for $40 includes shipping), and I will make sure you get a copy. THEN you can look it UP!! LOL

(email me for particulars.!)

$1,435 and counting!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Weatherford -
    Do you have any copies of The Pony Book ( Emerson Burr) ???
    How about Horse Fever??
    Lavinia Davis Books??
    Enid Blyton??
    Ill send ya a check !!
    Luv2jump

Ooooo, I forgot about The Pony Book. If you have two copies of that one, I get the second one!

Oh also:
    de Nemethy's book
    Steinkraus' newer one (or newer edition)
    Prairie Lady (YA)
    Kickapoo (YA - barrel racing)

There was a steamy teen romance novel I read in the 80s that I remember being moderately realistic on the horse end. I think it was called "The Thoroughbred."

"And Max said, 'NO!'"
    -- Maurice Sendak

*** Member of the Rust Clique ***
    *** Member of the Ebay Anonymous Clique ***
    *** Member of the MKF (Michelle Kwan Forum)***
    Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

You must forgive me, as I haven't been paying much attention to the boards as of late (husband just diagnosed with acute case of Lyme). And I am seeing here mentions of books on horses.
    Can somebody let me know what is going on? Horse books for sale?? I can't miss out, "pant pant". I am a horse book floozy! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]
    It sounds like the proceeds are being donated in cactuskates name??
    I have my checkbook ready-tell me what to do before I cry!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Original Poster

Sorry Stegall - there were lots of books for sale, and when what's left go to dealers/auction, I will make sure you are on the auction house mailing list, if you sen me your snail mail name & addy.

J. Turner - the deNemethy is back in print and available (all mine were gone)
    We do have the deNemthy Years (Rodenas - the bio)
    we have Riding Logic
    Judging H,J, E by Anna Jane White-Mullin (first edition)
    HSEq by GM 1971 edition.

Luv2Jump - I have an early Lavania Davis called Hearts in Trim.