The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by 3Dogs View Post
    The Bernie Madoff of the horse world! What a Ponzi scheme! Woohoo JB!
    Perfect!!

I wonder if other stallion owners are getting a bounce from the GFF Situation? My bookings are certainly very respectable in this down economy.
    Tradition of "Grande" Sporthorse Champions
    Couture Du Jour - Devon Winner '10 & '12 & PHSA Champ '10
    Grande Desire & Impression '08-10 PHSA Champs
    Grande Sovereign -CH & HB Sire

Can't believe I just read thru this whole thread - what a fiasco! Happy to hear the OP finally got her money for the filly, although not even sure that is a good thing. I get the Redwine updates on Facebook and saw just today that Jill has already sold 94 breedings to him this year??? Closing his book at 100 mares and she says there is only 6 left. How in the world can this be true, yet she can't pay her bills? This whole thread leaves me baffled. So many people have been screwed by this woman, how did she find 94 people (approx) to give her money? Or is this just another lie?

Few if any are paying the advertised price plus she has a zillion horses of her own in one of the most expensive places in the US to care for horses. The breeding fees don't go far when you have that many mouths to feed.

I wonder if a lot of the foals are not being registered. I know the stallion may be approved by more than one registry - but only 12 foals were presented to the ISR/OLDNA last year.
    Summit Sporthorses Ltd. Inc.
    "Breeding Competition Partners & Lifelong Friends"

Quote Originally Posted by Laurierace View Post
    Few if any are paying the advertised price plus she has a zillion horses of her own in one of the most expensive places in the US to care for horses. The breeding fees don't go far when you have that many mouths to feed.
    Expensive? Not that expensive to live here when you aren't paying your mortgage and are most likely living for free! Your house doesn't go into foreclosure if you are paying your bills, and right now it takes about 2-3 YEARS of not paying your mortgage before it gets to the foreclosure process.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Pony View Post
    and right now it takes about 2-3 YEARS of not paying your mortgage before it gets to the foreclosure process.

Quote Originally Posted by back in the saddle View Post
    Ditto!
    www.EquusMagnificus.ca
    Breeding & Sales - Currently: Eventing & Derby prospects
    Facebook | YouTube |Twitter | LinkedIn

Quote Originally Posted by stripes View Post
    I get the Redwine updates on Facebook and saw just today that Jill has already sold 94 breedings to him this year??? Closing his book at 100 mares and she says there is only 6 left.
    Of course, Jill has been so forthcoming and honest regarding everything else in her life. Just saying! (Wondering how many of her own mares are included in that number?)

And unfortunately, I think very few breeders are actually on the Chronicle BB. If she has indeed sold a fair number of breedings this year, one can only hope that she actually uses her brain and uses the money to pay off outstanding bills and doesn't go and purchase another 30 broodmares with the income. One can always hope!
    www.DaventryEquestrian.com
    Home of Welsh Pony, ISR/Oldenburg & RPSI pony stallions Daventry's Power Play, Goldhills Brandysnap LOM & Alvesta Picasso
    Also home to www.EquineAppraisers.com

Hey, look. Just because she CLAIMS to have limited her stallion's book to 100 mares and there are only 6 breeding left DOES NOT mean it is true.

It's marketing, folks.

For all we know, she has sold exactly three breedings and is hoping people will think that her stallion is such a hot item that his breedings are selling like hotcakes.
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

Quote Originally Posted by ise@ssl View Post
    I wonder if a lot of the foals are not being registered. I know the stallion may be approved by more than one registry - but only 12 foals were presented to the ISR/OLDNA last year.
    And maybe that's alll the breedings she sold and is just fudging the numbers.
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

Quote Originally Posted by back in the saddle View Post
    Here is just one article
    http://money.cnn.com/2011/12/28/real...sure/index.htm

The house across the street from me was empty for 2+ years before it even went into any sort of foreclosure (here in CA). It's pretty well know that in high foreclosure # states you can potentially stay in your home for years before getting kicked out if you work it....

From what I understand the property has been facing foreclosure for a very long time.

Chapel Hill and Southern Pines, North Carolina

Sad sad sad!

To support a dishonest operation when there are so many hard working HONEST breeding operations?

To not actually know, have seen, the stallions promoted? RW for sale over a year in Europe as neither fish nor fowl....poor jump and minor level dressage horse and NOT Hanoverian approved. That babies come out with that black, bling and dish heads? Sigh

I again KNOW some of you with super mares have nice nice babes...but it should churn the stomach of all that this Pyramid scheme supported. Too many honest folks with GOOD stallions out there...stallions with real talent! With mares they take care of!
    "Her life was okay. Sometimes she wished she were sleeping with the right man instead of with her dog, but she never felt she was sleeping with the wrong dog."

www.dontlookbackfarm.com

And Romantic Star is now offered at 600.00 to the first 5 mares! Reminds me of QVC and buy it now before everyone else calls in!

If you shop around you can find some of her stallions stud services listed in auctions. I bought a breeding to Redwine listed in such an auction for under $500 a few years ago. I never did use it. She did allow me to sell it to someone else. I don't know if she donates this breeding or not, so she may not even see any of this money from some of these auctions.

Quote Originally Posted by Janet View Post
    Would the OP please update the title to say that the flly is no longer stolen?
    how do i do that?

Quote Originally Posted by rapazzini09 View Post
    how do i do that?
    Personally, I would just leave it.....as it alerts more people to the thread that maybe would have passed it by previously.

Janet, why keep this quiet and potentially allow more innocent people to get screwed over?
    www.DaventryEquestrian.com
    Home of Welsh Pony, ISR/Oldenburg & RPSI pony stallions Daventry's Power Play, Goldhills Brandysnap LOM & Alvesta Picasso
    Also home to www.EquineAppraisers.com

Quote Originally Posted by 3Dogs View Post
    Sad sad sad!

To support a dishonest operation when there are so many hard working HONEST breeding operations?

To not actually know, have seen, the stallions promoted? RW for sale over a year in Europe as neither fish nor fowl....poor jump and minor level dressage horse and NOT Hanoverian approved. That babies come out with that black, bling and dish heads? Sigh

I again KNOW some of you with super mares have nice nice babes...but it should churn the stomach of all that this Pyramid scheme supported. Too many honest folks with GOOD stallions out there...stallions with real talent! With mares they take care of!
    Seriously 3dogs your ignorance is showing. If everyone were to be honest for a second hard as it may be there is no way that RW has a "poor jump", lord knows he improved the jump on my mare,,,all of you on here bashing who are trying to sell your RW or GFF prodigy are idiots. You may not like the way GFF does business, but the offspring look oh so much better than most that I've seen from the small breeder out there. Yes I see an occasional one I like, but if I can choose from 15 at GFF OR someplace like Hilltop I would do that. Whoever said breeders don't read COTH is pretty much correct. Outside of my friend who alerted me to this NONE of the others in my equestrian circle have read this. And then to see you all get pissy about Brandon's Arbor Day winning BYH at Devon and attack him (Rappazini) and his pants (multiple people),,,it just reeks of jealousy, yes I said that previously too. Just kinda hard not to when listening to women whine about poor me and my horse didn't win. Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyParker View Post
    Seriously 3dogs your ignorance is showing. If everyone were to be honest for a second hard as it may be there is no way that RW has a "poor jump", lord knows he improved the jump on my mare,,,all of you on here bashing who are trying to sell your RW or GFF prodigy are idiots. You may not like the way GFF does business, but the offspring look oh so much better than most that I've seen from the small breeder out there. Yes I see an occasional one I like, but if I can choose from 15 at GFF OR someplace like Hilltop I would do that. Whoever said breeders don't read COTH is pretty much correct. Outside of my friend who alerted me to this NONE of the others in my equestrian circle have read this. And then to see you all get pissy about Brandon's Arbor Day winning BYH at Devon and attack him (Rappazini) and his pants (multiple people),,,it just reeks of jealousy, yes I said that previously too. Just kinda hard not to when listening to women whine about poor me and my horse didn't win. Pathetic.
    You are so totally Jill Burnell, Roy. There is no way you are a man. Your whole post has the "bitch-slap" tone that only another woman can adopt.

Why don't you pull up your big-girl panties and post as yourself and explain why you owe so many people money?

I saw Redwine's WEF video. He looked fine. Can't imagine him throwing horses scopey enough for the 4-4'6 division, but not everyone needs/wants that. I would like to see more of his offspring in the upper level performance rings. I think that will really prove him as a sire, or not. The hunter breeding horses are great and all, but fancy is as fancy does.

No jealousy here. I only buy ponies.

Covering 100 mares takes a toll on a stallion..very demanding physically.

I think there were two young stallions booking above 75 one time over 15 years ago. Not much to show for the number of offspring.. then the market fell as demand was never there for them and and the registered foals fell off accordingly.