The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Ha, and the funny thing is, one of those "winners of a free breeding" was posting all over FB trying to figure out how to get a hold of her, because they were a breeder, and wanted to collect their prize.
    OK - thats a helluva great idea!

"Please *LIKE* True Colours Farm on FB and for everyone that does, you will be entered to win a free breeding to one of our stallions. Please also be aware that due to circumstances beyond our control we may not be able to actually GIVE you the free breeding that you have won or if we get too busy, we may not be able to actually draw a name for a winner, but please rest assured that our intentions are sort of honorable and we were actually THINKING of giving someone a free breeding. And oh - if we do and if you win and cant get hold of us? Keep trying - maybe eventually someone will pick up the phone or respond to your email ..."

And if you dont like the restrictions that we have put on the free breeding that you might win? Tough luck - go and tell someone who actually gives a damn ...

There!

Do you think that would work?!

Quote Originally Posted by RacetrackReject View Post
    You can definitely make a page on Facebook about this. I used to be a member of one for Stuart Black when he was fired from a certain North Texas farm and he then told the police that the farm owners killed his girlfriend and he needed to get back on the farm to find her body...lol. Sorry Meghan, I know he trains your horses, but it was too funny not to join and watch.

ETA I liked GFF Facebook page several months back, again, for entertainment value..lol.
    Individuals who have court and other legal documents showing the case and any judgements can certainly post the public information online - it's easy to scan docs and post them. That would be very interesting reading and bolster the case of individuals who say they have been harmed and cheated.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyParker View Post
    Careful Diane, you post as fact things that may not be, and I may just offer my legal services to GFF just to put a sock in the mouths of those that need it.

I have never met anyone from GFF but have enjoyed their blog/forum whatever the hell you want to call it. And find the quality of their horses/foals to be of excellent calibur. I have also heard numerous counts of GOOD business transactions.

You are an attorney practicing in the state of California?!? REALLY? Is Roy Parker your real name? Because you are not listed in the California State Bar.

How generous to offer your expertise pro bono. Because you know, the last law firm that worked for her went to the court and got a judgment for unpaid legal fees. No notice of satisfaction has been recorded, so I can only assume her old lawyer is still waiting for their payment.

So, what do you propose suing FOR and what are Jill's damages which you will be looking to recoup?

Quote Originally Posted by ise@ssl View Post
    It's unclear to me which registry this filly was registered with or if she was. I hope the OP will send certified letters to the registry to either 1. Put them on notice the filly does NOT belong to GFF and they are NOT the breeder and any papers issued are not legal or 2. Advise them someone might try to register the filly and that the OP is the legal owner and breeder of this filly and is having little success with GFF.
    OP I'm sorry this has happened AGAIN!! Shaking my head ... another case of widespread openly fraudulent activity facilitated in the equine industry!!
    JB is gonna get to the end of her rope IF the RIGHT PEOPLE (ahem!!) stand up to her. How is she showing youngsters in here on the east coast??

Fortunately,the horse registries are responsive!! I'll suggest you report this situation in writing to the NGB (national governing body) of the equestrian sport the USEF. JB can't gather POINTS if they show the filly ...she may abandon the filly if she can't get Leading Breeder, Leading SO & Leading Whatchamaycallit Points.

I am in the process of a USEF dispute for a filly "secretly" foaled at a hunter show barn. I owned the mare & bred her to my stallion..leased then sold her with a caveat if she was in foal I got the foal. A year later.. ..she's bred by another person (who didn't pay a cent for the vet & stud fees) , is now not a WB/TB but represented as a pony cross and showing as sire UNKNOWN...I didn't rename my boy UNKNOWN either!! She's winning every time she shows.. but her USEF points won't count. Fraud is just wrong!

Any victims out there?? It may be advisable to combine representation to provide the Court with a full view of the scope of the problem. Let me know I'll put you in touch with other victims.
    If you don't know me.... I'll be glad to provide my " hard earned, Been there done that, can't believe they think this will work, Federal Court, FBI, Attorney General witness and anti-fraud credentials!! "

Joan Watt
    Tradition of "Grande" Sporthorse Champions
    GRANDE SOVEREIGN 2014 USEF 8th Leading HB Sire
    & Sire of OWN IT - USEF National HB 3yo Champion

Grand Affiar, Grande Desire, GR Impression, Couture du Jour

Quote Originally Posted by Appsolute View Post
    You are an attorney practicing in the state of California?!? REALLY? Is Roy Parker your real name? Because you are not listed in the California State Bar.

How generous to offer your expertise pro bono. Because you know, the last law firm that worked for her went to the court and got a judgment for unpaid legal fees. No notice of satisfaction has been recorded, so I can only assume her old lawyer is still waiting for their payment.

So, what do you propose suing FOR and what are Jill's damages which you will be looking to recoup?
    Maybe Roy Parker is a "paralawyer" like Danny DeVito's character in John Grisham's "Rainmaker".

Is someone here good enough to track down all of the judgments against JB and list them here? Is there enough bandwidth?

Quote Originally Posted by LetsRide View Post
    Woo hoo! Go #1 USEF HUNTER BREEDING SIRE Redwine!

I see Redwine has finally made the list of USEF TOP HUNTER SIRES! (Hunter Sires aka sires of horses that actually JUMP). He is currently #437 on the LIST.

Hmmm... Then there is the #2 USEF HUNTER BREEDING SIRE Ragtime.

Oh LOOK Ragtime is #18 is on the list of USEF TOP HUNTER SIRES. HUNTERS the horses that actually jump.

#437 compared to #18.

Yes; I am sure clients who want prospects that JUMP would want to look at the Hunter Sires rather than Hunter Breeding Sires.

I sure wish the OP success in getting her filly back ASAP.

On the west coast people don't really care about hunter breeding, so there are generally only 3 breeders/trainers that show at these shows and entries are always fewer than a handful. Some shows all the entries are by the same breeder, so easy to get up there in the rankings, especially when you have lots of foals. It's hunter breeding, just a beauty contest. It's the under saddle scores that really count. How many go on to be go proven show horses?

I just saw this filly's photo circulating on facebook the other day....now I know why. I wish the original poster good luck on getting her filly back.

SMALL CLAIMS COURT: You are not allowed to bring a lawyer to court with you. You can consult beforehand, but must represent yourself in court.

What Is Small Claims Court?

Small claims court is a special court where disputes are resolved quickly and inexpensively. In small claims court the rules are simplified and the hearing is informal. The person who files the claim is called the plaintiff. The person who the claim is filed against is called the defendant. While you may ask an attorney for advice before you go to small claims court, an attorney cannot represent you in court.

A natural person (not a business or public entity) may file a claim for no more than or equal to $10,000.00, with a few exceptions.

If you have a claim for more than $10,000.00, you may file your action in the Civil Division of the Superior Court. You may, however, waive your right to any amount over $10,000.00 and file the matter in Small Claims

If you are a business required to file a fictitious business name statement, you must include your statement number and date of expiration on the claim form. You cannot file a case in small claims court without a valid fictitious business name statement.

Perhaps those who have had bad dealings should also file complaints with the Better Business Bureau. You can do that online. You may also want to check and see if there is a current business license and permit.
    Last edited by 216 Jumper; May. 22, 2012 at 04:38 PM.

So I posted the info on my facebook status and I get a message from JB herself claiming I must remove this or I will be sue'd for defamation.

A real piece of work that one.
    www.svhanoverians.com

"Simple: Breeding,Training, Riding". Wolfram Wittig.

Quote Originally Posted by Donella View Post
    So I posted the info on my facebook status and I get a message from JB herself claiming I must remove this or I will be sue'd for defamation.

Well I guess she could sue you. And win, and you could just NEVER PAY HER. Just like Jill hasn't paid any of the people who SUED HER AND WON.

How does it work if someone in CA tries to sue a Canadian resident for defamation? Just curious. (I bet it's even tougher if the plaintiff stiffs her lawyer).

Quote Originally Posted by Mara View Post
    How does it work if someone in CA tries to sue a Canadian resident for defamation? Just curious. (I bet it's even tougher if the plaintiff stiffs her lawyer).
    I'm sure she's bluffing. What lawyer would offer legal services to someone if they don't pay?

I posted it as well and I haven't been threatened... yet.

Jill, if you are reading this, a mea culpa goes a looonnng way. I know what it is being in a though spot financially and if you do make good with your creditors and do honor your engagements to pay, they will be very helpful. That is if you haven't threatened them of something.
    www.EquusMagnificus.ca
    Breeding & Sales - Currently: Eventing & Derby prospects
    Facebook | YouTube |Twitter | LinkedIn

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi View Post
    I'm sure she's bluffing. What lawyer would offer legal services to someone if they don't pay?
    They just ask for a huuuuuge retainer.
    www.EquusMagnificus.ca
    Breeding & Sales - Currently: Eventing & Derby prospects
    Facebook | YouTube |Twitter | LinkedIn

Late to this thread, but did I read correctly that OP's mare is pregnant to one of the stallions?

Quote Originally Posted by Chall View Post
    Late to this thread, but did I read correctly that OP's mare is pregnant to one of the stallions?
    She foaled 3 weeks ago. It was a 3-in-1 package, pregnant mare and foal at side (the one in question). The seller was able to get the (then pregnant) mare back but was told that the filly was away at the trainer for show prep and so she couldn't pick her up.
    The rebel in the grey shirt

Ah, so it wasn't a GFF stallion that sired the foal, right?

Quote Originally Posted by 216 Jumper View Post
    On the west coast people don't really care about hunter breeding, so there are generally only 3 breeders/trainers that show at these shows and entries are always fewer than a handful. Some shows all the entries are by the same breeder, so easy to get up there in the rankings, especially when you have lots of foals. It's hunter breeding, just a beauty contest. It's the under saddle scores that really count. How many go on to be go proven show horses?
    Actually the classes at San Diego (Del Mar Horsepark) summer shows are good sized. One breeder/trainer I know has had several horses move on to become "proven" show horses through the years. That's why she breeds them.

Stallions such as Just the Best, Popeye K, Paparazzo, Prestige, Alla C'zar, Bugatti, etc. are always well represented.

ps. The overall 2011 Sallie B. Wheeler/USEF National Hunter Breeding Champion "Ooh Ah" (by Nob Hill) won the West Coast division in San Diego before being named overall champion. And the Reserve Champion, Rendevous (Ragtime), also came out of the San Diego show.
    -Amor vincit omnia-

Quote Originally Posted by Chall View Post
    Ah, so it wasn't a GFF stallion that sired the foal, right?
    a GFF stallion did sire the foal and the yearling.
    yearling is by Redwine
    foal is by Romantic Star

I'm still working on getting this figured out. nothing new to report yet!

If you have trouble with GFF getting the foal registered, Hanoverian and GOV, and maybe other registries, should have the stallion's DNA on file. It was lucky for me that they did.

Quote Originally Posted by rapazzini09 View Post
    a GFF stallion did sire the foal and the yearling.
    yearling is by Redwine
    foal is by Romantic Star

I'm still working on getting this figured out. nothing new to report yet!
    Have you made a FB page for your stolen yearling yet? With lots of photos? When you do post the link here so all of us that want to help you can share your stolen horse's FB with our FB friends. This will help spead the word.

Apparently lots of horses have their own FB pages. I have no idea how they type in all that information with their hooves but many horses do.

Quote Originally Posted by dianehalpin View Post
    If you have trouble with GFF getting the foal registered, Hanoverian and GOV, and maybe other registries, should have the stallion's DNA on file. It was lucky for me that they did.
    I had a Romantic Star colt...got the breeding certificate at the last possible minute and registered him with ISR/OLD NA...no problem.

NOTE: Jill has used my Copyright protected pics of Grande Divina on her site WITHOUT my permission for several years...
    I have requested she pay me or remove them....yah right!!
    Tradition of "Grande" Sporthorse Champions
    GRANDE SOVEREIGN 2014 USEF 8th Leading HB Sire
    & Sire of OWN IT - USEF National HB 3yo Champion

Grand Affiar, Grande Desire, GR Impression, Couture du Jour