The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Roy P, great you have had excellent dealing with JB, can you possibly find a way to get OP her unpaid for/stolen filly back? If so excellent. That would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyParker View Post
    Careful Diane, you post as fact things that may not be, and I may just offer my legal services to GFF just to put a sock in the mouths of those that need it.

I have never met anyone from GFF but have enjoyed their blog/forum whatever the hell you want to call it. And find the quality of their horses/foals to be of excellent calibur. I have also heard numerous counts of GOOD business transactions.
    You're a lawyer now?! LOL! Besides on what legal grounds do you have to shut us up? Ever heard of the First Amendment, its pretty awesome. I would really recommend reading it. Did you know it protects Internet 'speech'?

The court's decision extended the same Constitutional protections given to books, magazines, films, and spoken expression to materials published on the Internet. Congress tried a second time to regulate the content of the Internet with the Child Online Protection Act (COPA). The Court again ruled that any limitations on the internet were unconstitutional in American Civil Liberties Union v. Ashcroft (2002).

Quote Originally Posted by dianehalpin View Post
    Oh, DO, "Roy"!

I'd love to hear the legal counsel of someone who, while being aware of the evidence of several counts of felony including fencing stolen property and writing hot checks, of the existence of arrest warrants, can offer their service to a dishonest breeder because he/she has heard numerous ACcounts of GOOD business transactions by the breeder! That's like saying the kidnappers didn't kill ALL the hostages in the room!

I'm a small but solvent breeder doing right in a really poor economy, but, hey go for it!

Meanwhile, why not work on getting the O.P. her filly?
    ^^^THIS!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by RoyParker View Post
    Careful Diane, you post as fact things that may not be, and I may just offer my legal services to GFF just to put a sock in the mouths of those that need it.

I have never met anyone from GFF but have enjoyed their blog/forum whatever the hell you want to call it. And find the quality of their horses/foals to be of excellent calibur. I have also heard numerous counts of GOOD business transactions.
    Ah...here come the legal threats. Gotta love it. Just a thought but if JB did show up in court with you to "put a sock in the mouths of those that need it"...wouldn't she finally be arrested for her outstanding warrants? Some legal service you're providing.
    Grassfield Sport Horses, LLC

Follow us on facebook!!!

I have bought and bred from GFF with no problems.
    I have lived in CA my whole life and had horses that long
    I have never met anyone from GFF
    Wow. Interesting. For someone who has lived in CA their entire life, bought horses from Jill Burnell, you've never MET her?

Out of curiosity - so we can "ooh!" and "aah!" over your purchases, which horses have you purchased from Jill Burnell in the past???

Just a thought but if JB did show up in court with you to "put a sock in the mouths of those that need it"...wouldn't she finally be arrested for her outstanding warrants?
    Ha ha ha ... this is the best comment in this entire thread!!!

what about trying to get the media involved?? O.P, I'm assuming that you have the paperwork that proves this is your filly, why not try calling the local Tv station and have them do a story?? Around here we have a troubleshooting team that investigates and possibly that kind of "heat" will help this situation come to a head and get you your filly??

or call Brian Ross? some big name like him might just want to go after her??

there has to be a lawyer in the COTH midst who could advise how to get all those wronged in some way together and do a class action or some sort?? I've read these threads about JB, it's just amazing that she can "get away" with so much while someone like me would be in jail after the first bad check....

***crazy thought>>> get your hands on one of those fake bank checks from that Nigeria scam and pay her with one of those!! LOL that'll turn the tables on her..........

I'm SOOOOOOOO happy I was warned away from breeding to Redwine......

It's unclear to me which registry this filly was registered with or if she was. I hope the OP will send certified letters to the registry to either 1. Put them on notice the filly does NOT belong to GFF and they are NOT the breeder and any papers issued are not legal or 2. Advise them someone might try to register the filly and that the OP is the legal owner and breeder of this filly and is having little success with GFF.
    Summit Sporthorses Ltd. Inc.
    "Breeding Competition Partners & Lifelong Friends"

Aside from bashing JB and her apparent dishonest business practices, I think the take away from this thread should be don't sell horses on a payment plan unless you know the buyer very well, and can trust them. Even then, I personally would be extremely hesitant to do so. In addition to the risk of not receiving full payment, God forbid something happens to the horse and the buyer has not insured it. Even well intentioned people who fully intend to pay, could have an unexpected financial set back such as a job loss (especially in this economy).

I've heard of many situations where the unexpected happened and the only recourse left to the seller is to sue. A friend of mine representing a pony for sale sent it out on trial. The pony slipped on ice and broke it's leg and was uninsured. Bottom line, expect full payment and make sure your horse is insured before sending it on trial.

Hey RoyP -

How do you know the horses you bought from JB weren't stolen by her, like the fillies/mares mentioned in this thread and others?

It says she will take payments on the filly. Can you get someone to "buy" her then turn the tables?

Default Since MOD 1 is away....

can we please try to stay relatively on topic?

Because if the Roy bashing continues, this thread will get closed which may very well be Roy's purpose in posting on this thread. Get everyone off topic and trashing him, get the thread closed and Shazaam (I love that show back in the day!) "problem" goes away or at least off page 1. Which is what happened with the last thread.

PLEASE don't give "him" that opportunity....just ignore the fool.

On topic, I also shared the info about Raven Ridge on FB, so hopefully others are doing the same.

Also, since Roy has implied he's using his real name, I find it interesting that that there is not a Roy Parker, Roy anything or a male with last name Parker friends with Jill on FB. Nor was there a Roy Parker on FB period that looked even remotely like a candidate to be this "Roy Parker". FYI

OP, have you notified netposse.com about this situation? I also think that if getting the filly back is the main priority that the FB campaign is good idea. If it goes viral in the horse world, there's no way she can stop the information from spreading.

Good luck on getting her back.

PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLL!
    www.debracysporthorses.com
    Home of Sea Accounts xx
    AHS/HV, ATA, GOV, RPSI, JC, AQHA, APHA, APtHA
    "LIKE" www.facebook.com/SeaAccounts

Also, FWIW, there is no Roy Parker licensed to practice law in California:

http://members.calbar.ca.gov/fal/Mem...undsLike=false

Good luck OP in getting your filly back and congratulations on Secret's foal. She is beautiful.
    Sheila Armstrong

Quote Originally Posted by ise@ssl View Post
    It's unclear to me which registry this filly was registered with or if she was. I hope the OP will send certified letters to the registry to either 1. Put them on notice the filly does NOT belong to GFF and they are NOT the breeder and any papers issued are not legal or 2. Advise them someone might try to register the filly and that the OP is the legal owner and breeder of this filly and is having little success with GFF.

On at least one of the sales ads, it says "pending" under registration. I guess that's something a seller does when they are selling stolen property.
    Quote Originally Posted by alicen View Post
    We have no intentions of tarring and feathering anyone: this is now a thread about dipping Ryan Reynolds in chocolate.

I have seen the stolen filly posts all over Facebook and I even put it on my page. I have had several people ask me for details, so hopefully the story will get around and help out in some way. The horse world is, actually, quite a small world when it comes right down to it...
    Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm."
    --Winston Churchill
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hills...h/112931293227
    www.HillsideHRanch.com

Well per JB on FB this is her statement;

32 minutes ago Jill Burnell
    "No, she's not stolen. I have her papers, usef card, etc. I can prove she's mine in everyway. This is garbage. I can't see many of them. Who did you see it on? I'm sueing in small claims anyone who posts it. My lawyer says it's an easy win. This is a problem with the internet, anyone can say whatever they want."

Is this a lawyer she is actually paying?

I am not sure what having her USEF card proves. If you pay the money you can get a card for a stick horse.

Quote Originally Posted by trubandloki View Post
    I am not sure what having her USEF card proves. If you pay the money you can get a card for a stick horse.
    Yup.

As an aside, I think this thread is WELL past popcorn and boxed wine... Who wants cheesecake and a cyberita?

OP, I hope your filly is returned safely what a heartbreaking situation.

And runwayz, I have stolen your quote for my signature.
    I've heard there's more to life than an FEI tent and hotel rooms, so I'm trying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternaation View Post

"No, she's not stolen. I have her papers, usef card, etc. I can prove she's mine in everyway. This is garbage. I can't see many of them. Who did you see it on? I'm sueing in small claims anyone who posts it. My lawyer says it's an easy win. This is a problem with the internet, anyone can say whatever they want."
    If this is all over facebook, that's a lot of people to sue!! OP did you withhold the registration papers when you sent her the horses? You don't think she could have gotten papers through a different one do you??

I agree with the comments about payments, with one exception. I would allow them but only if the horse(s) remained on my property until paid in full and the purchaser bought insurance that listed me as a benifactor if something happened to the animal. I've learned the hard way on the insurance part....
    Last edited by mlcoursin; May. 22, 2012 at 10:57 AM.
    Grassfield Sport Horses, LLC

Follow us on facebook!!!

can we please try to stay relatively on topic?

Because if the Roy bashing continues, this thread will get closed which may very well be Roy's purpose in posting on this thread. Get everyone off topic and trashing him, get the thread closed and Shazaam (I love that show back in the day!) "problem" goes away or at least off page 1. Which is what happened with the last thread.
    Smart thinking. Thanks for pointing that out ...

Quote Originally Posted by Alternaation View Post

Except you can't sue for libel or slander in small claims. Not to mention I remember seeing a suit against her by her lawyer so she obviously didn't pay them either.

I am a little stunned to see several well known breeders listed on the GFF FB site as "Friends" and with "Likes" for GFF. Some of those folks post on this forum pretty regularly and I can't imagine they are not aware of JB's ongoing shenanigans.