The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Well, I am no attorney, but I know it is a criminal offense to sell stolen property. AND I believe if the stolen property crosses state lines, it becomes a federal offense. This raises the stakes on the whole deal.

I think even if she sells the filly ( and ends up in the pokey) you still have valid claim on the filly as the buyer bought stolen property. If the original owner can prove ownership, the buyer looses their $$.

Now, I do not know that the filly would qualify as "stolen property" under the laws of (whatever state the contract has teeth).

Are there any attorneys here reading this????

ETA, the dollar threshhold for grand theft in CA is property with a value of over $950.

Chapel Hill and Southern Pines, North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by Mardi View Post
    Actually Rocksolid is competing the yearling filly Rapture. The filly's USEF registration has both missing and incorrect information. The fiily is offered for sale by GFF, but buyer beware with the problems on the USEF registration.
    Also, Rapture is not the original name given to the filly. She was named Rendition by her actual breeder.

The apparently stolen filly (that prompted this thread) is Raven Ridge.

Both are very attractive young horses and look similar.
    thanks - so many "R" names -
    "Her life was okay. Sometimes she wished she were sleeping with the right man instead of with her dog, but she never felt she was sleeping with the wrong dog."

www.dontlookbackfarm.com

Quote Originally Posted by hackinaround View Post
    Noticed you can leave Facebook comments on the equinenow.com add. Maybe someone needs to point out that she is STOLEN.
    Done.
    Clancy 17hh chestnut Dutch WB, '99. Owned and loved since '04 and still goin'!

So this is how it goes, and this is why I and many sane people won't believe a word they read on a blog. You nailed it, I am an animal abuser of abhorrent proportions. I moved from TX? to escape an angry mob of women such as yourselves.

I am sorry I don't have time to google each of your names. Just making sure to take down farm names that I will be using on MY blog

and yes someone was observant that I did post on a previous thread when someone suggested gelding stallions,,you all must not have much to do it seems.

So keep googling and see if you can find the word idiot and pay careful attention to the definition.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyParker View Post
    So this is how it goes, and this is why I and many sane people won't believe a word they read on a blog. You nailed it, I am an animal abuser of abhorrent proportions. I moved from TX? to escape an angry mob of women such as yourselves.

I am sorry I don't have time to google each of your names. Just making sure to take down farm names that I will be using on MY blog

and yes someone was observant that I did post on a previous thread when someone suggested gelding stallions,,you all must not have much to do it seems.

So keep googling and see if you can find the word idiot and pay careful attention to the definition.
    I could say the same to you. You keep coming back to this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by back in the saddle View Post
    Just go to those pictures and right click and save picture as. They'll save to your computer.
    I did, but the whole copyright thing. I didn't want to be posting someone elses picture on my FB if her ads decide to disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Lyn Farms View Post
    I did, but the whole copyright thing. I didn't want to be posting someone elses picture on my FB if her ads decide to disappear.
    what copyright?

Chapel Hill and Southern Pines, North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi View Post
    I could say the same to you. You keep coming back to this thread.
    Roy Parker who has only posted on THIS thread - very interesting - and the few OTHER threads about Jill Burnell - 31posts total

Roy - are you another ALTER of the JB fan club or JB herself ?

I would rather not google - I just have to look at COTH threads

From 2011:

Well I have to say this is my first post after being a lurker because I feel very strongly as a lot of you do regarding things being said, and truly do feel like this is a lynching and that there are people out there with a different agenda then the one that was originally posted.

I have bought and bred from GFF with no problems.

I think the people who trash and then claim not to trash, or claim it's their RIGHT to trash the stallions at GFF are probably other stallion owners. Quite honestly I have seen some real pieces of crap out there, some of which are supposedly marvelous yet their videos suck. No I won't name names.

Redwine has a VERY lovely way of going for a hunter and I would breed to him in a heartbeat. That said I love Apiro too, and Chaleon and a bunch of other stallions. I pick based on my mare, what I see in video and offspring, show results or sometimes just a hunch that I think a stallion has talent like Aloha.

As for the whole horses need 15 gazillion acres to be considered well taken care of. I have lived in CA my whole life and had horses that long. I personally think they have had led
    really nice lives. I know I've heard of horses going out and sustaining life or career ending injuries in large pastures.

Sure I'd love those picturesque green pastures with white fences but in reality it's not going to happen. Does that mean I can't breed in CA because it's not up to the standards of people who happen to have more acreage?

I came to this board originally to see if I was missing something when picking out a stallion, but what I see is NOT what I'm missing but how rotten some people can be, Bent Hickory and Tamara come to mind.

if there is a board manager yes please kill this thread and hopefully someone will start a new one more along the lines of what I think this forum is supposed to be used for.

and I hope GFF stallions go on great success as well as the other talented stallions out there because there are plenty!!!!

peace out

From my viewing of Redwine at Thermal, he NEVER had a lovely way of going as a hunter - dressage bred, dressage horse.
    "Her life was okay. Sometimes she wished she were sleeping with the right man instead of with her dog, but she never felt she was sleeping with the wrong dog."

www.dontlookbackfarm.com

Actually Roy, I was just assuming that you are getting confused. I'm happy to see I was right

Figured I'd save all the other "Idiots" the trouble: (via Google)
    id·i·ot/ˈidēət/
    Noun:
    A stupid person.
    A mentally handicapped person.
    Synonyms:
    fool - imbecile - blockhead - dunce - nitwit - dolt

Quote Originally Posted by 3Dogs View Post
    Roy - are you another ALTER of the JB fan club or JB herself ?
    There's a fan club? I wonder who's the president?

So this is how it goes, and this is why I and many sane people won't believe a word they read on a blog.
    Bulletin Board. This is a bulletin board or discussion forum. It's not a blog.

Carry on.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

Posted in 2011 by Roy Parker

I have lived in CA my whole life and had horses that long.
    Posted in 2012 by Roy Parker

You nailed it, I am an animal abuser of abhorrent proportions. I moved from TX? to escape an angry mob of women such as yourselves.

See you only need long term memory when you lie.

Does this blog include Topics like "How to be lecherous in business", or "Its not malnutrition ..its thriftiness " or "Ride it like you stole it"?
    Last edited by Lynnwood; May. 22, 2012 at 12:35 AM.
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

Does "Roy" have a blog or refer to her GGF's blog? That is short term memory loss! No male alive would phrase comments the way old Roy Parker has phrased them nor would any male that I know support in print a fraudulent and felonious business. Goodnight, all.

So glad to hear that you have as much time on your hands as JB to blog about what other farms are doing. A big turn off and a red flag when you have to blog about other farms to make yourself look better. Please give us the link to your blog so we may follow it

Roy, your village called... thier "idiot" is missing. Sorry, couldn't help it.

Quote Originally Posted by hackinaround View Post
    Does this blog include Topics like "How to be lecherous in business", or "Its not malnutrition ..its thriftiness " or "Ride it like you stole it"?
    HAHAHA!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by runwayz View Post
    Roy, your village called... thier "idiot" is missing. Sorry, couldn't help it.
    If Roy is the idiot, what is Jill?

Quote Originally Posted by dianehalpin View Post
    Does "Roy" have a blog or refer to her GGF's blog? That is short term memory loss! No male alive would phrase comments the way old Roy Parker has phrased them nor would any male that I know support in print a fraudulent and felonious business. Goodnight, all.
    Careful Diane, you post as fact things that may not be, and I may just offer my legal services to GFF just to put a sock in the mouths of those that need it.

I have never met anyone from GFF but have enjoyed their blog/forum whatever the hell you want to call it. And find the quality of their horses/foals to be of excellent calibur. I have also heard numerous counts of GOOD business transactions.

Oh, DO, "Roy"!

I'd love to hear the legal counsel of someone who, while being aware of the evidence of several counts of felony including fencing stolen property and writing hot checks, of the existence of arrest warrants, can offer their service to a dishonest breeder because he/she has heard numerous ACcounts of GOOD business transactions by the breeder! That's like saying the kidnappers didn't kill ALL the hostages in the room!

I'm a small but solvent breeder doing right in a really poor economy, but, hey go for it!

Meanwhile, why not work on getting the O.P. her filly?
    Last edited by dianehalpin; May. 22, 2012 at 01:40 AM.