The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

I admit I know very little about how facebook operates and the rules, but would it be possible to start a group "Jill Burnell is a thief" or "Warning Jill Burnell"? We have enough people here that would "like" it that I imagine it would move up the listings pretty quickly and pop up at the top of a search.

Quote Originally Posted by DownYonder View Post
    I am a little stunned to see several well known breeders listed on the GFF FB site as "Friends" and with "Likes" for GFF. Some of those folks post on this forum pretty regularly and I can't imagine they are not aware of JB's ongoing shenanigans.
    Moles.
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

Quote Originally Posted by Simkie View Post
    I admit I know very little about how facebook operates and the rules, but would it be possible to start a group "Jill Burnell is a thief" or "Warning Jill Burnell"? We have enough people here that would "like" it that I imagine it would move up the listings pretty quickly and pop up at the top of a search.
    You could start a Boycott GFF page it was done not long ago with an equine supply vendor.
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

There actually is a facebook page with "_____ ____ is an art thief" because she indeed is, with other artist's work posted on her facebook and website, even selling poor quality prints of other's work.
    It has been up for a while now and has not been taken down.
    We're spending our money on horses and bourbon. The rest we're just wasting.
    www.dleestudio.com

You can definitely make a page on Facebook about this. I used to be a member of one for Stuart Black when he was fired from a certain North Texas farm and he then told the police that the farm owners killed his girlfriend and he needed to get back on the farm to find her body...lol. Sorry Meghan, I know he trains your horses, but it was too funny not to join and watch.

ETA I liked GFF Facebook page several months back, again, for entertainment value..lol.
    Rhode Islands are red;
    North Hollands are blue.
    Sorry my thoroughbreds
    Stomped on your roo. Originally Posted by pAin't_Misbehavin' :

Quote Originally Posted by RacetrackReject View Post
    ETA I liked GFF Facebook page several months back, again, for entertainment value..lol.
    Same here ... lol
    *^*^*^
    Himmlische Traumpferde
    "Wenn Du denkst es geht nicht mehr, kommt von irgendwo ein kleines Licht daher"

I am a little stunned to see several well known breeders listed on the GFF FB site as "Friends" and with "Likes" for GFF. Some of those folks post on this forum pretty regularly and I can't imagine they are not aware of JB's ongoing shenanigans.
    I think the saying is "keep your friends close and your enemies closer".
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

Quote Originally Posted by Alternaation View Post
    Well per JB on FB this is her statement;

32 minutes ago Jill Burnell
    "No, she's not stolen. I have her papers, usef card, etc. I can prove she's mine in everyway. This is garbage. I can't see many of them. Who did you see it on? I'm sueing in small claims anyone who posts it. My lawyer says it's an easy win. This is a problem with the internet, anyone can say whatever they want."
    Oh please...yes, sue all of us. Would be fun!
    Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm."
    --Winston Churchill
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hills...h/112931293227
    www.HillsideHRanch.com

Quote Originally Posted by JWB View Post
    I also find it interesting that she's offering an in-utero option from your mare for 2013. Wonder how she's planning on pulling that one off!
    http://grayfoxfarms.com/foals2013.htm
    sneak into OPs barn and inseminate mare in the middle of the night?
    Nothing says "I love you" like a tractor. (Clydejumper)

The reports states, “Elizabeth reported that she accidently put down this pony, ........, at the show.”

I would like to ask ROYPARKER if he is in fact the Roy Parker discussed earlier and has he been charged with animal abuse or cruelty.

They are likely just keeping her in plain sight.

Default Another idea

To the OP: another suggestion...several websites post the entries for horse shows. Horsehowtime.com is one of them. Golden State Horse Show 5/23-27
    in Sacramento is USEF approved and will have HB classes. They're listed on Horse Show Time, and hopefully the list of entries will be up soon.

I know it's time consuming, but perhaps if each of us takes a minute and looks up show entries for just one show, whatever the website, it may help.

It's also unfortunate that there is apparently no recourse through USEF. I understand their reluctance to get involved between owners. However
    the person they claim is the leading hunter breeding breeder is far from a leader in equestrian sports.
    -Amor vincit omnia-

Hey, her "like us on FB and subscribe to our emails to win a free breeding" was sheer genius. It's how I first heard of her farm, being way on the other coast and not so much into hunters.

Some time in the last two years I started following this forum though and seeing her name pop up over and over again, and not just from one disgruntled individual.... They're coming from all over the place! Unfortunately I think people will not truly take notice till there is an actual arrest.

(Why hasn't there been an actual arrest?)

OP, I hope you get your filly back. I hope you've got a good lawyer and a judgement against her. I know a judgement will just be ignored, but at least then she won't have a legal leg to stand on, and if it is ignored, more warrants. Here in FL they can pull your driver's license if you don't make your court-ordered payments.

Unfortunately no lawyers have materialized on this board (maybe try the H/J forum). I know some great equine lawyers but they're all here in FL.
    The rebel in the grey shirt

Quote Originally Posted by SGray View Post
    sneak into OPs barn and inseminate mare in the middle of the night?
    i do find that quite interesting myself!

and my 2012 filly by romantic star out of secret venture apparently hasn't been born yet and is still offered for sale....hmm! last time i check she was born 3 weeks ago and is very much not for sale!

Just wanted to say something in regards to Rocksolid. I believe I read she also bought a GFF horse. Not hard to get "paid" when you buy a horse. It's a deal and so JB probably had to pay nothing. Very easy to say you're getting paid because technically you are but aren't waiting on the cash. When it's time to start paying hopefully filly will be sold or she goes back home or bills are unpaid. It is how people continue to operate withs goods and a dodgy cash flow.

I hope OP gets filly back. She is beautiful and it's just a very frustrating situation.

Terri
    COTH, keeping popcorn growers in business for years.

"I need your grace to remind me to find my own." Snow Patrol-Chasing Cars. This line reminds me why I have horses.

Equilibrium,
    We have not purchased a horse from Gray Fox Farm. Although she has many we would like to purchase. Please do not speculate about us. If you have a specific question please email me or PM me and I will answer.

Thought I read that and said as much. Guess what, I was you. And I'd be much better off in life had I listened when people gave warnings. But hey, when you get paid the "voices" are just naysayers who were lying because they had a vendetta against this poor misunderstood person. I defended and believed right until it was too late.

What I can tell you without a doubt is that someone ends up paying alright. Make damn sure it isn't you. I do business a lot differently now. I don't give a crap if your name is Queen Elizabeth, you do not get away with squat. Sob stories, don't care. People have misunderstood you, again don't give a crap.

I am sorry I got it wrong. But not for the advice I'm giving out. Hopefully you will be in the minority in that it works out.

Terri
    COTH, keeping popcorn growers in business for years.

"I need your grace to remind me to find my own." Snow Patrol-Chasing Cars. This line reminds me why I have horses.

Well, the upside to Jill suing all of us for posting on FB is that we will know where and when she'll be at the courthouse which should make it easy for law enforcement to execute all those warrants she has outstanding!!
    www.debracysporthorses.com
    Home of Sea Accounts xx
    AHS/HV, ATA, GOV, RPSI, JC, AQHA, APHA, APtHA
    "LIKE" www.facebook.com/SeaAccounts

Quote Originally Posted by JWB View Post
    Hey, her "like us on FB and subscribe to our emails to win a free breeding" was sheer genius.
    Ha, and the funny thing is, one of those "winners of a free breeding" was posting all over FB trying to figure out how to get a hold of her, because they were a breeder, and wanted to collect their prize.

I think they may have been here on coth as well.

Quote Originally Posted by cyriz's mom View Post
    Well, the upside to Jill suing all of us for posting on FB is that we will know where and when she'll be at the courthouse which should make it easy for law enforcement to execute all those warrants she has outstanding!!
    Yeah, she is going to take you all to small claims court.

Because well, I doubt her lawyer would be representing her, being as they have an outstanding judgement against her for... wait for it... unpaid bills. I know, surprising!

so, Jill who has warrents, and a long list of outstanding judgements against her, is going to take you to small claims court. And prove a loss of X amount of dollars (but under 10K because it is small claims)....

yeah... ok.