The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

elizabeth> I am sooo glad to hear that! It is a wonderful end to a tough situation, and I am really glad that things worked out for both of you! Give him a hug and a kiss from me! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Elizabeth-donate him to a farrier school. See if you can find one on the west cost, and ask them not to put him for sale, if they want to get rids of him, to give YOU a call. This way he will frequently be shoed, and let out, and you won't have to worry about his feet.

*Callin me mam' is like puttin' an elevator in an outhouse....it just don't belong.
    I must say, I\'ve met some horses whose feet smell far worse than my husband\'s.

woops didn't read the good news! CONgrats! so are you riding him now?

*Callin me mam' is like puttin' an elevator in an outhouse....it just don't belong.
    I must say, I\'ve met some horses whose feet smell far worse than my husband\'s.

Thanks everyone!
    As to riding him, I will begin doing so hopefully in a week, depending on how quickly he gets "un-sore" from the trip and from running around in the new, exciting turn-outs at the new, exciting barn!

Such a pick me up on a dreary holiday weekend....I think I must go out and hug a horse in a minute.

This happy ending also shows the importance of all the people that make the world of horses complete. The vast majority of horsepeople I know are kind and helpful to human and beast alike....and are as important a part of the experience of horse ownership as the horses themselves.

Elizabeth-I am so happy for you and Buster. It's really nice to hear something that could have been so gutwrenching, have a positive outcome. Good luck to the two of you in the future.

Linda

PS-Sounds like you need to hang on to your boyfriend...He sounds really considerate of you!

I am also thrilled that Buster was able to be made sound! There is nothing as horrible as having to decide how uncomfortable a horse really is when they aren't sound. I still wonder if there was more I could have done for my old mare rather than putting her down...but that was in the days before Adequan and Legend and other things.

Fortunately, we have an excellent veterinarian that we use at our barn, and he is known for being an expert at soundness issues. And our trainer is really good at keeping horses maintained, so I'm sure Buster will be very well taken care of! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]