The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

you can haf Alice l'Arch man.

Just take her avay.

She would not hurt HWBA's friend MaaaaZ, she ees too materialistic for zat. Besides, I vould give her un big kick if she tried to throw heem again. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

No von hurts my Jairie

You who possesses the name of a girl, Bambi, you are wise to concede the Lovely Alice to me.

Sincerely,
    L'Arch de Triomphe.

Howdy Y'all - I am PK - VTrider's TB in VA.

I would love for some of y'all to come down to VA for a helpin' heepin' of my hospitality. I will teach you how to be evil and mean to your master!

I like to bite chain cross ties and saw them in half as well as chase Canadian geese and peacocks.

I live on a gorgoeus farm and would love for y'all to come visit sometime.

I'm just a good TB who never raced, so I go pretty slow. I detest flatwork, but love to go to shows. My rider is a moron and I have to bail her out when she rides me up to mystery distances.

Do any of y'all's riders ever make mistakes?

One thing I have learned is not to bite the hand that feeds you. That will earn you a nice dandy brush thrown up-side your head.

Alice, Bambi, Arch and Gijon - Have a good weekend.

I must tell you that you foreigners are going about this total enslavement of your owner ALL the wrong way...

First, you must impress your owner with your Sam Savitt good looks. Of course this requires that you be a Thoroughbred, but some things can't be helped.

Then you foster an attitude of total superiority and royalty. The "Look of Eagles" works well here, but don't be aloof all the time. Smart royalty spends some time with the commoners - it keeps us well fed and robed. They are grateful for your presence. They will never know they are being used.

Then you impress her with your amazing talents and trainability, in spite of the fact you spent a few years on the track. This will always get you bonus points.

After you have attended a few shows, the goods will start rolling in. If I could only describe the sheer quantity and quality of clothing I have. And everytime I shred one, the silly fool spends MORE on the replacement!!!

Then, after your place is totally secure, it's time for your Master Move. I suggest starting with a well-timed abscess. The farrier or the footing will get the blame, and you will get the show off. Next, you may want to work up to something more reliable, like "thin walls"... A nice, non-descript complaint that can get you a few holidays every 5 weeks or so, and VERY easy to pull off if you are a TB. Unfortunately, a crafty owner will start scheduling the farrier around your shows. While at first this can be a hindrence, learn to use this to your advantage. A well-timed strained ankle or small wound 2 weeks after the farrier visits is likely to get you out of a show!

Another important thing to know is how not to go too far - even if it is for a big show. If the vet shows up with Big Machines, you might just possibly have miscalculated. Last thing you want to do is to spend time in the local University Hospital. They don't EVER give you the good treats, and when you decide to stop eating that garbage they call "hay" as a show of your displeasure (like you have EVER eaten it off the floor!), they assume you are colicing. I don't want to describe what follows that diagnosis...

The only possible good thing to come out of those experiences is that your mother will treat you like a God for at least 4 more weeks. Until you try to spit her into an oxer in an attempt to convince her that when they operated on your leg they removed all the brain cells that had ever seen a jump before...
    Yours in a Pocket!

Pocket Trainer

See the light! (Light available - $99.95)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Of course this requires that you be a Thoroughbred, but some things can't be helped. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Amen - you and I could grow to be good friends.

Who would want to be a dumbblood - oops, I mean Warmblood!

good points Robair mon ami!

Not bad for just e plain ole thoroughbred. I deed not realize zat you were so eentiligent - always thought you guys were veery scatterbrained. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Amazing the things you learn, isn't it Bambi...

For instance I always thought you guys were upscale cart horses [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

PS - I was a nice horse until that wench DMK got me.
    Yours in a Pocket!

Pocket Trainer

See the light! (Light available - $99.95)

New York, NY (a.k.a. The City and Center of the Universe), Canada (T.O.) and England (Kent Countrysi

L'Arch de Triomphe......work of genius.

Gijon, willkommen nach Amerika. Ist wery strange place, but ist gut ven you are used to it. I vill not call you Joe. Is too Amerikan for proper Hannoveraner.

You too are being a gelding, ja? Too bad. All Hannoveraner I meet in Amerika are gelding. But ve can be friends still, ja.

Do not be paying attention to Bambi. Sie kennen die Franzosen. They are after all eating snails und such.

Ja, ve can be friends, und also mit PK und Robbie und others. But they must all be knowing that der German horses know how to keep our people correct, ja?

Stop making fun of Bambi!!

and no, you may not make friends with anything other than a gelding! I want no sudden 11 month layoffs from the show season.

So please behave! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Bambi - I am not getting rid of Alice. Period. Now, you really must try to get along especially over the next two weeks while I'm gone. Comprendez-vous? I do not want to come back to lame horses due to personality mishaps in the paddock.

Gijon/Robbie/PK - stop giving my horses bad habits or I'll tell your owners!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    You Strike Me Still

Mein lieber Jair, sind nicht mit mir verargert. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] I vill be nice to Bambi, ewen though he is der one starting it.

I only vant to make friends with der other horses. I do not want to have fohlen now, und ruin mein figure. But a girl must keep her eye out for the stallion who vill be perfect for making with her der strong fohlen ven it is time, ja?

In honour of my beloved, Alice, I have adapted Jimi Henrix's "Foxy Lady". I know the song only because mein mutter plays it, very loudly, when speeding on dirt roads to HITS.

Foxy Alice
    You know you are a cute little butt breaker
    Foxy yeah,
    And you know you are a sweet little fohlen maker
    Foxy

I wanna take you in my paddock, yeah
    I won't do you no harm cause I'm a geld-a
    You've got to be all mein, all mein
    ooh Foxy Alice
    Foxy, Foxy

Now-a I see you trot into the show ring
    oh Foxy
    You make me wanna rear and-a neigh
    Foxy, oh baby prick your ear forward now
    I've made up my mind my marish fraulein,
    I'm tired of wasting all my precious time
    You've got to be all mine, all mine

ooh, Foxy Alice
    Ooh, Foxy Alice, neigh, neigh
    You trot so good, Foxy
    oh yeah Foxy
    yeah, give us some oats, Foxy
    Foxy Alice
    Foxy Alice
    Foxy Alice

What is this "work" that I have heard mentioned?

Life is treats and scritches behind the ears and soft brushes. Otherwise, I stamp my feet and wring my tail and my humans produce pretty darned quick, I am proud too say!

My human mother (I have many doting maternal beings) has been saying confusing things about "A" shows for babies, but I don't listen to her.

I have Hanovarian step-cousins but they only send me presents from their county, I have never met them although they are grown up and have a trailer of their own. My human mother brought me a trailer to play with but she is poor and couldn't keep it for more than the holiday so I didn't get a chance to go for a very long ride. I liked it, though, My human toy man rode with me and gave me many treats.

Would Alice, PK, Bambi, Robbie, and Joe like to be invited to my birthday party? My human mother has promised me anything I want. I am making a list but she won't let me see any of the nice catalogs that she has. The only ones she leaves around for me to see have the words "Select Sale" on them and the horses in those ones don't have nice things to wear.

Arch Man! You haf nearly von mein heart mit your wonderful song. I am sending you big kiss. Ven ve meet you will sing me my song, ja? Maybe you teach it to Jair und haf him sing to me so I can hear what it is sounding like.

Proof Set, you are sounding wery young. You vill learn vas ist work. It is not too bad, und you will like der jumping. You vill get to dress up und all people will tell you how pretty you are und give you treats, und you vill be able to show off for the other horses.

All my humans watch and neigh loudly! They come running but don't seem pleased that I can jump so high over the funny white tapes in my way.

Then they stroke me all over and give me many, many treats! My Aunt Pat has the best treats, she brings me cored and sliced apples. My other human mother (the one that comes every day) acts unhappy and then she gets fussy and only lets me have the cookies she bought for everyone! .

My human toy man bought me a new halter but it is very, very big and I am annoyed with him. It is NOT what I wanted! I have a turn out sheet but it isn't a Rambo and even my Hanovarian step-cousin's companion pony has one of those!

You need to get your horses out more and keep them occupied safely away from the electronic equipment.

Wings, Maddie and Pockets are now hoping for a T1 line installed at the new barn!
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

I just returned to my field after a lesson with my master's mean evil trainer. All he kept yelling at her to do was to kick me and hit me. Not much fun, but I finally gave in an started go round. That flatwork crap is for the birds!!!!

But I had fun and I got to jump big jumps. I made my master work though. I wasn't going to be her guardian angel to all those 3'6" jumps. She had to actually package me together and think for a change or I was going to leave from wherever I wanted to.

All in all a fun day, but I am glad to be back in the field doing what I do best - EATING!

MAZ, and Jair - I'm just getting to know Joe and the two of you have to go and let your horses teach him how to access the web? Are you trying to kill me? All he wants to do now is mug for treats and act like the 5 year old he is!!!

He hasn't figured out yet that he is allowed to misbehave when we're working. The worst he does is stop and hang out in the middle of the ring when he thinks we're done and looke back at me with this hang-dog expression "you mean I haf to keep vorking?"

That's going to change awfully quickly if you all let your ponies corrupt mine! Come on ... he's only a baby and I'm just a Mom trying to keep my pony safe and sheltered in this scary world!

but his computer is down. If there's a clique he has the credentials. I'll see if I can get him to post a few words, later.

MAZ, Newman and The Arch Man were imported together from what I understand. Perhaps they shared a room. We'll have to ask them.
    And God took a handful of southerly wind, blew his breath upon it, and
    created the horse.\" Bedouin legend