The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sounds like you had a fun shopping excursion!
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I like the HWBA designation beter than s/o, lover or pozzle-Q. I have a He Who Bought Moody and Liz.
    HWBMAL insists Liz must be a raggy-tag orphan horse and I must be a raggy-tag rider since we spent all our money on the four hooves and had the tail thrown in!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] However, I did notice him sizing up some new breeches I insisted I needed [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I have the feeling he is hearing a Liz voice in his head... and it sounds a bit like Zsa-Zsa.. Diamonds in Biarritz, dahling.. oh wait, that is MY voice!! Biarritz is telling him, Vaccinations, please, and plenty of em and please do my hooves as well, and don't forget my special sweet-feed....

somewhereother than where i\'d prefer tobe

The key to good fashion, dear Jair, is accessories! Let's see: gloves, polos, shiny silver stirrups and my personal favorite, a well made, tasteful but attention getting smooth handled black quality leather whip! Well not that Alice will ever need a whip but a small token of surprise should always be within reach. Cause hey, you never know! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

How am I to phrase "He who was sucked into paying stud fee for non rideable mare to produce the beauteous Miss Maddie?" Rephrase imminent!

Okay, Replace Mr. Wings with "MWLDWF" (that's man who lay down with foal) Something is missing here!

I think we shall stick with the name he responds so nicely to [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Mr. Wings, and I shall continue to shred the first (detailed)page of the VISA statement and explain on the "amount due" page that "it was for MADDIE, not ME!"

If it is for Maddie, then it must be purchased. ETBW is not getting chaps from Journeyman. Not in the cards. Not in this century and it is early. Doomed.

You ROCK, Alice!
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

I am convinced that this BB is just one big corporate tack manufacturing conspiracy designed for the sole purpose of making us covet!! My pony is getting better and better dressed by the day and it's everybody's fault but mine! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Forgive please the English is not too gut yet. I haf only been in this country not long.

Jair makes big exaggeration. I only make kind suggestion, not demand. He must know he cannot sit on me und not look as gut as do I.

The blue coat looks wery gut mit Jair's yellow hair und blue eyes, und more important mit my shiny brun coat.

He Who Bought Me is a gut boy, und has big credit line, vich I like wery much. I wery much needed the pretty bridle und reins. It would not be gut for me to go to show without being correct. Ya?

Still, Jair is gut to me und I vill keep him I think. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Jair, don't forget Portia in the group of 6 year old mares who are spoiled to death and get everything they want.

They will form a new clique, the "Six Year Old Fancy Jumper Mares Who Own People Clique." [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I'm surprised Alice hasn't begged for one of these yet: http://www.peopleonhorses.com/ Portia loves hers!. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]
    "I don't want to sound like a broken record here, but why is it that a woman will forgive homicidal behavior in a horse, yet be highly critical of a man for leaving the toilet seat up?" Dave Barry

OMG! Lovely Alice that is hysterical!! You made me laugh out loud - god only knows what my co-workers are thinking [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I am very glad to hear that you are happy with your current owners and have decided to keep me [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Funny though, you didn't show me much appreciation last night when I was trying to get you to do smooth canter trot simple changes in our lesson [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Take a peek at Portia's website at those lovely browbands.... maybe we can work something out? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    You Strike Me Still

(in my best Destiny's Child voice)

Question:

When did they begin making martingales with rings for detachable standing/running attachments? I know you can do this with a breastplate, but have never seen a martingale with this feature.

Enlighten me!

Robby

p.s. If what you have is a breastplate then GOODONYAx2! I love breasplates!
    When blood is the beverage of choice, the sharpest fangs feed first.

WA. The Evergreen State Where The Horses Are Forever Green

Oh Jair forget the Calibre's! Maplesprings just got in a new/used County Pro Fit that would most likely fit "Lovely Alice"! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Jair, for simple changes, it is not my fault you do not keep even in both reins und use enough outside leg. How vill you learn if I do not make you to be correct?

I haf looked at brow bands. I like wery much the one called Baroque mit the Garnet stone, or the one called Sunburst with the Topaz stone. Ja, both would look wery gut on mein brun face. Und you see I am not demand. They are not the most money costing ones. Ven we do jumpers, you get for me, ja?

You are hilarious! (That's Jair, not you dear Alice [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] ) Alice is impeccable.
    "If you would have only one day to live, you should spend at least half of it in the saddle."

just from listening to that story! Do you like the Hadfield boots? I know everyone wears those black and white Eskadron (spelling's wrong, i know) but i'm a sucker for those leather open fronts...bought some at Running fox at the Royal 2 years ago, what a sucker i am! Must have been the spririt of Alice...

BTW, why not make that a clique for "Spoiled 6 year old Jumpers of any Sex?" Then i could join...

Yep, it can be a Spoiled Six Year Old Jumpers Clique -- so long as the geldings know they have to listen to the girls! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    "I don't want to sound like a broken record here, but why is it that a woman will forgive homicidal behavior in a horse, yet be highly critical of a man for leaving the toilet seat up?" Dave Barry

to listen to the girls by the time he's 6, he's definitely in trouble...

Portia! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] You should not have posted that site! I'm just dying to get the Sunburst-topaz, gold ling, gold rondells-one for my horse. Never mind it costs almost the same price as my whole bridle does, but oh it would look so wonderful on Draco, my big chestnut Han/TB. The topaz colour matches him perfectly! Maybe I'll use Jair's method [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] and get my boyfriend to buy it for me. Draco's birthday is coming up after all and he would be oh so grateful for the new stylish addition to his bridle...Hmmm, I'll see what I can do.

Hey Jair, sounds cool! I know Lordon's has great deals on WeatherBeeta's and Blue Eagle has a nice selection, what is this new one? In Cobble Hill? Duncan?
    "All life is precious"
    Sophie Scholl

Maplesprings Tack Shop in Langley, BC.

Would love to visit your VA ones some day though. Provided HWBA comes along of course [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    You Strike Me Still

Custom chaps would melt HWBA's last reservation! Alice would then need a new show saddle......... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Oh, Fish and Chip land near Fraiser HGWY.
    "All life is precious"
    Sophie Scholl