The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 70 of 315 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 6295

Court date above for animal cruelty charges against McConnell in Fayette county.

Quote Originally Posted by walknsound View Post
    court date is june 26 2012, Fayette county ,should have press coverage.

word has it that twhbea going to send in lobbiest to stop $$$$ going to USDA.after the AVMA and AAEP called for a stop to stacks and pads, action devices. they (twhbea) may be get some support from other breeds ie ASB and Morgan.

this battle is not over.just gettting heated up.

read the tennessean reporter Tony Gonzalez
    It'll be a sad day if the ASB and Morgan people get into bed with the TWHBEA over this.

Their time, energy and money would be better spent working with the AVMA and AAEP to educate the lawmakers about the differences in the breeds and training methods employed among them.

If they WERE to lend support to the TWHBEA my first reaction will be to cancel my ASHA membership with a letter telling them exactly why I'm doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by GaitedGloryRider View Post
    It'll be a sad day if the ASB and Morgan people get into bed with the TWHBEA over this.

Their time, energy and money would be better spent working with the AVMA and AAEP to educate the lawmakers about the differences in the breeds and training methods employed among them.

If they WERE to lend support to the TWHBEA my first reaction will be to cancel my ASHA membership with a letter telling them exactly why I'm doing so.
    I'm really afraid they will. Lots of moaning and groaning from ASB peeps much to my dismay. Heaven forbid they take their stretchies and wedges away. Meanwhile I recently watched an ASB show online where in a class of 6 adult horses nary a one was sound and the second place winner was 3 legged lame. *sigh* So far removed from normal, they apparently can't see it.

That is very disheartening to hear sunridge. In my area the Saddlebred peeps have a pretty good reputation, and many of the ones I've talked to look upon the BL scene with utter disgust. While I don't show myself, or even own a SB right now (used to, hence the reason I'm a member and I just keep renewing) I'm a long-time boarder at a Saddlebred barn and spend a lot of time running between show barns hauling horses, taking horses to shows etc. The ASBs I see in the circles I travel are sound, happy, and just lovely animals.

neither group AVMA or AAEP spoke of any other breed,just the Tennessee Walking Horse was mentioned. so ASB/ Morgan ect. should not be worried unless they need to clean up something in their own backyards so to speak which can be done NOW,just check their RULE books. fix it.

Agreed 100%
    Why is it that a woman will forgive homicidal behavior in a horse, yet be highly critical of a man for leaving the toilet seat up?
    ~ Dave Barry

I can't believe the ASB and Morgan people would hop into bed with the TWBEA over this after having spent decades distancing themselves from even the flat shod walkers because of the BL foolishness.

I hope they will not be so foolish as to ruin their reputations by taking up for those Big Lickers when so many sound flat shod walking horse supporters finally feel we might have the BLs (and their flat shod imitators) on the run. FINALLY!

Roy Exum's take on the exciting new developements.

http://www.chattanoogan.com/2012/6/1...cry-Horse.aspx

THANK GOODNESS the Vets have finally spoken up. I hope they get on some serious and indisputable testing on the effects that the Performance Packages have on the animals that wear them, even WITHOUT the soring. That crap needs to be outlawed!

Quote Originally Posted by aarpaso View Post
    neither group AVMA or AAEP spoke of any other breed,just the Tennessee Walking Horse was mentioned. so ASB/ Morgan ect. should not be worried unless they need to clean up something in their own backyards so to speak which can be done NOW,just check their RULE books. fix it.
    You are quite correct. But if you read the HPA it doesn't mention ANY particular breed. So if all you do is change the HPA to reflect the AAEP/AVMA position then that position will affect all other horses in the U.S.

If you amend the HPA to apply only to Walkers you open the door to other breeds to being to use practices not used to date.

So the rule makers have to thread the narrow waters between Scylla and Charybdis. That is not always an easy task. Public servants are not always noted for an enthusiastic response to difficult tasks. So a fear of overstepping and/or ineffectiveness is not unfounded.

G.
    Mangalarga Marchador: Uma Raça, Uma Paixão

unfortunately,what you say may be tru.but the TWHBEA and the CELEBRATION have had 40 yrs to fix this issue,because of greed they did not and NOW is The time for the USDA, AVMA AAEP and others ie BIG BROTHER me and you to do it for them.

if all the other horse breed REGISTRIES,had told the TWH Associations. you need to STOP the SORING,if they had forced the CELEBRATION to change the RULES of the PREFORMANCE CLASSES,than Big Brother could stay out of this matter. they DID NOT.
    the first charges on Jackie the Jerk was 1979,again in 1989,but he made the hall of FAME that speaks volumes to me. its going to take BIG BROTHER to OUTLAW SORING.

the HIO did not do its job period. the DQPs did not do their jobs period.

someone MUST SPEAK for these Horses NOW if it has to be Big Brother than so be it.

jmho

Quote Originally Posted by aarpaso View Post
    unfortunately,what you say may be tru.but the TWHBEA and the CELEBRATION have had 40 yrs to fix this issue,because of greed they did not and NOW is The time for the USDA, AVMA AAEP and others ie BIG BROTHER me and you to do it for them.

if all the other horse breed REGISTRIES,had told the TWH Associations. you need to STOP the SORING,if they had forced the CELEBRATION to change the RULES of the PREFORMANCE CLASSES,than Big Brother could stay out of this matter. they DID NOT.
    the first charges on Jackie the Jerk was 1979,again in 1989,but he made the hall of FAME that speaks volumes to me. its going to take BIG BROTHER to OUTLAW SORING.

the HIO did not do its job period. the DQPs did not do their jobs period.

someone MUST SPEAK for these Horses NOW if it has to be Big Brother than so be it.

jmho
    So true. It must stop, period.

Quote Originally Posted by sunridge1 View Post
    I'm really afraid they will. Lots of moaning and groaning from ASB peeps much to my dismay. Heaven forbid they take their stretchies and wedges away. Meanwhile I recently watched an ASB show online where in a class of 6 adult horses nary a one was sound and the second place winner was 3 legged lame. *sigh* So far removed from normal, they apparently can't see it.
    What show was that Mary?

Quote Originally Posted by bayou_bengal View Post
    I can't believe the ASB and Morgan people would hop into bed with the TWBEA over this after having spent decades distancing themselves from even the flat shod walkers because of the BL foolishness.

I hope they will not be so foolish as to ruin their reputations by taking up for those Big Lickers when so many sound flat shod walking horse supporters finally feel we might have the BLs (and their flat shod imitators) on the run. FINALLY!
    Where did you read they were going to join in with TWBEA?

There is nothing on the website and ASHA does not appear to know anything about them supporting...they are only aware of the recent soring developments...the same as the rest of us.

Midwest Charity. Playing now on Seehorse video. It reminded of the Park Arab classes.http://www.seehorsevideo.com/streaming.asp

Quote Originally Posted by Fairfax View Post
    Where did you read they were going to join in with TWBEA?

There is nothing on the website and ASHA does not appear to know anything about them supporting...they are only aware of the recent soring developments...the same as the rest of us.
    Why I was just responding to ANOTHER cother's post that expressed the fear that these other saddleseat breeds may join with the TWH people if a ban is proposed on the pads and action devices.

Read the thread for yourself Fairfax. I'm sure you can find that post for yourself.

From the Tennessean this morning.
    http://www.tennessean.com/article/20120616/NEWS21/306160037/Walking-horse-trainers-begin-swab-tests?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|News

Quote from the article: "In the trainers’ announcement, association President Jamie Hankins said he was disappointed with the veterinarians’ statement, although he noted, “We are encouraged that it clearly and correctly pointed out that our action device and package cause no harm to our horse.” "

Huh what? Did the veterinarian's statement really say that action devices and packages were harmless or is this just another case of the trainers twisting words to suit their agenda and sticking their heads in the sand?

Quote from the article: "In the trainers’ announcement, association President Jamie Hankins said he was disappointed with the veterinarians’ statement, although he noted, “We are encouraged that it clearly and correctly pointed out that our action device and package cause no harm to our horse.” "

Huh what? Did the veterinarian's statement really say that action devices and packages were harmless or is this just another case of the trainers twisting words to suit their agenda and sticking their heads in the sand?
    Exactly what it is, more of their BS. Fox in the henhouse. How stupid do they think people are?

Quote Originally Posted by walknsound View Post
    Exactly what it is, more of their BS. Fox in the henhouse. How stupid do they think people are?
    Very, and with lots of evidence