The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 208 of 315 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218258308 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,160 of 6299

Quote Originally Posted by WalkInTheWoods View Post
    None before the felony animal abuse law passed last July. And HSUS was working with USDA who decided when the case was good to go and when the video could be released.
    You are incorrect. Contact the USDA and they will tell you they did NOT have any input as to the date it was released.

Contact the producers for Diane Sawyer. You will be told the rate for programs starts at $10,000 and goes up. It was shopped to numerous programs including PBS groups...and the highest amount offered was the Diane Sawyer segment. She has an interest in horses as she is married to Mike Nichols (of Broadway and Movie fame) as he owned many imported Polish Arabians and still has some old timers with Varian Farms in California (or he did two years ago..they may have died)

Quote Originally Posted by hurleycane View Post
    SO you re saying they gave it to Diane Sawyer before they gave it to the officials for prosecution? She too would be in jail with HSUS under the new laws for sure then.
    Under the gag law that would be correct. That is one of the reasons the law has support. HSUS and other groups have altered or changed videos before posting them in the past and due to the proof they have done that..it was brought into the legislation to stop that.

It is also to stop plants..which have ALSO been done..to do something vile, film it and claim the traininer owner etc was guilty of animal abuse.

The downside is the lack of supporting information that a prosecutor MAY claim they need in order to get a guilty judgement. There is nothing to stop the introduction of additional information, videos, or witness statements. That happens in many cases

Diane Sawyer is a news anchor for ABC World News. She is not a producer but news deliverer. Brian Ross did the investigative reporting on the expose. So if anything was purchased (which I can't find even a blurb about that is reputable) I'm guessing it was ABC.

I would expect you are correct Mary. The expose on Michael Vicks was refused by CNN and NBC...only ABC and FOX were interested. PBS turned it down due to distressing content...so much of the tape was the killing and torture of dogs..

Diane was on Oprah a few years back and she told the audience that she had content control..but I doubt that she would be doing the financial negotiations.

I spoke with a friend who owned Prime Target Media Services and I received the following "possibility". When a tape such as the TWH horse is shopped..it will go out to a variety of media buyers suitable for it..in this cse TV. Those media buyers then contact their top advertisers and say..we have a hot one and we will also incude 2 (or what ever number) re-runs so if it catches the audience you can purchase the re-runs at 1/2 off or some other incentive/

They have their regular sponsors but for something like this they would also up sell it to existing clients and use it as a draw to attract some new clients.

If there was an interview with the Boston Bomber then it would be negotiated out asap due to heavy competition..but in this case and considering how long it has been going on...it becomes a human interest with a twist...

I did not realize that some payments can be as high as in the millions..however there are usually high production costs attached to those stories.

ya know I could give a Canadians fat rats a-- who how or why that Jackie McConnell tape got out to the PUBLIC,it did and now those ABUSED horses can have JUSTICE for what these LOW LIFE HUMANS have been doing to them for 40 years. abuse as been proven again with the arrest and charges filed on Larry Wheelon.
    Last edited by aarpaso; Apr. 26, 2013 at 07:18 PM. Reason: spelling error

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by aarpaso View Post
    ya know I could give a Canadians fat rats a-- who how or why that Jackie McConnell tape got out to the PUBLIC,it did and now those ABUSED horses can have JUSTICE for what these LOW LIFE HUMANS have been doing to them for 40 years. abuse as been proven again with the arrest and charges filed on Larry Wheelon.
    That is very shortsighted.

It is great that any abuse is brought to justice.

It is just AS terrible that the abuse went on, by those animal rights extremist holding those tapes for so long, while horses suffered so horribly, until it suited them to release them for their propaganda.

That should be just as terrible to consider by anyone that really cares for those so severely abused horses.

1 members found this post helpful.

It's called collateral damage. So yeah, sacrifice the few for the many.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    That is very shortsighted.

It is great that any abuse is brought to justice.

It is just AS terrible that the abuse went on, by those animal rights extremist holding those tapes for so long, while horses suffered so horribly, until it suited them to release them for their propaganda.

That should be just as terrible to consider by anyone that really cares for those so severely abused horses.
    Well, no one has been able to stop them until now. I'll take what I can get.

2 members found this post helpful.

Does anyone have a link to the actual bill text of one of these?

Google is giving me all the opinions about something I haven't actually read the wording of.

This gentleman is the originator of the term referring to the type of bill, I'm not sure how wide a net is being cast defining undercover or turnover timeframes.
    http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com...s-the-animals/

Appreciatively,

Quote Originally Posted by sunridge1 View Post
    It's called collateral damage. So yeah, sacrifice the few for the many.
    Are you kidding me?

The "collateral damage", as you so flip call it, was COMPLETELY unnecessary!

The results would have been the same if the video had been brought to light when it was taken, not what, a year+ later?

The apologizing here for the HSUS by their followers is a bit of a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by D_BaldStockings View Post
    Does anyone have a link to the actual bill text of one of these?

Google is giving me all the opinions about something I haven't actually read the wording of.

This gentleman is the originator of the term referring to the type of bill, I'm not sure how wide a net is being cast defining undercover or turnover timeframes.
    http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com...s-the-animals/

Appreciatively,
    http://www.capitol.tn.gov/Bills/108/Bill/SB1248.pdf

Why is it that bluey, Fairfax, alagirl and the likes always have to turn everything into an argument?

Do you not have any spouses you can scuffle with?

\"Horses lend us the wings we lack\"

2 members found this post helpful.

Are you kidding me?

The results would have been the same if the video had been brought to light when it was taken, not what, a year+ later?

The apologizing here for the HSUS by their followers is a bit of a stretch.
    What? You don't believe timing is nearly everything? Have you ever tried to build a genuine abuse case? It can be EXTREMELY difficult! Timing can be the difference from going on to commit again to prosecution.

4 members found this post helpful.

What? You don't believe timing is nearly everything? Have you ever tried to build a genuine abuse case? It can be EXTREMELY difficult! Timing can be the difference from going on to commit again to prosecution.

That is it in a nut shell.

However some of those who don't involve themselves with actual abuse cases or have never had to make certain that charges will stick, just don't get it.

Are you kidding me?

(
    So what did YOU do to prevent these horses from being abused?

I like to keep the thread about the TWH issue but it wanders from time to time when frustrated posters like Bluey and Fairfax come to impose their views about the group that exposed soring to a world wide audience. Theyve got nuttin to say about the AMVA, AAEP, USEF, American Horse Council, and a long list of other groups. It may just be that we will see an end to soring, but they will continue down their paranoid path, wringing their hands and boring people half to death until their own demises. Not much of a life.
    from sunridge1 Go get 'em Roy! Stupid clown shoe nailing, acid pouring bast@rds.

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmytbs View Post
    So what did YOU do to prevent these horses from being abused?
    "How many times a day do you beat your wife" type questions now?

Sorry, animal rights extremists are just that, extremists that will say and propose any and all, just so their agenda gets a platform, as several are doing here, on a horse using website, from all places.

Remember, the HSUS supposedly sat on this video/s for OVER A YEAR!

Now, that should be reason to take them to court on knowing of the abuse, having proof of it and sitting on that, which I think is at least unethical if not a crime.

NO ONE needs months when they have such a damning video, that is nonsense.

The HSUS has also declared that this year they would launch an assault on all we do with animals in the political arena and would release one abuse video a month.

Again, why hold onto those videos, while abuse goes on and on?

There is NO excusing that, at all.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkInTheWoods View Post
    I like to keep the thread about the TWH issue but it wanders from time to time when frustrated posters like Bluey and Fairfax come to impose their views about the group that exposed soring to a world wide audience. Theyve got nuttin to say about the AMVA, AAEP, USEF, American Horse Council, and a long list of other groups. It may just be that we will see an end to soring, but they will continue down their paranoid path, wringing their hands and boring people half to death until their own demises. Not much of a life.
    Sorry that what I have to say doesn't has your approval, but I will remind you that I am responding to what others have posted, so please go look for someone else to complain to, will you?

Do you really think that, just because they made that video, now they get a pass for all the other they do wrong, like being part of the abuse once they had the video and sat on it for all those months?

"
    NO ONE needs months when they have such a damning video, that is nonsense.
    Then why don't you put on your boots, take some videos of horse abuse (certainly you can find some of that in your state) and rush it to the authorities.

Complaining on a BB really isn't helping any animals, is it?